Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the episode was very entertaining, I liked it.

I could've used a little less Amelia drama but I'm glad they got married and how calm Owen was I like all the talks about having one or more great loves.

Poor people on GSM who can never have a normal pregnancy/delivery. Poor April all that pain (great acting by Sarah btw). Good move on Bailey to say he trusted Ben. Jackson and Japril with the baby were sooo cute.

Mer and Riggs had a nice chemistry here. I appreciated the talk at the wedding and their looks were nice. The "cliffhanger" was sorta silly but OK.

I was glad to see Alex growing up, standing up and coming back for Jo. I hate that they had to ruin it by him going backwards. Poor DeLuca. I was disappointed in Alex. How shocking that Jo was already married when all the internet had already guessed

Arizona was so so nice but I wish SaRa had gotten a better final episode.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I actually enjoyed the Japril baby birth. I thought I would hate Jackson not being there but his terror and fear listening and running to her in ambulance made up for it. April and Ben were hilarious and then amazing, especially SD with that scream when he cut her. I can't imagine that agony.

Too much Amelia for me and I just can't like Maggie. I have really tried but she's too old to be this naive in love. It's annoying. I was glad Owen and Amelia did marry. They both deserve some happiness.

I'm actually digging Meredtih and Riggs, but mostly because I really like Riggs. You know Owen's sister is going to show up mid season finale next year.

I do love Arizona but it's silly to think it's healthy for a kid to switch schools every year and Callie didn't give a crap about Arizona's happiness so why is she? This season really made loathe Callie and I'm glad she won't be back, unless she shows up in finale after a break and has changed her tune. They wrote her horribly last few seasons.

Jo/Alex...eh. I could have FF thru that. Alex punching DeLuca was anything but adult and was so cliche. The fact Jo has spent like 5 years with Alex and not told him this is completely idiotic too. That says more about their relationship than even if she had been sleeping with DeLuca.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

I completely respect Sara's decision to leave, take time off or whatever, but what a crappy send off for her. Only a few scenes of dialogue in her final episode and she was just plain horrible to Arizona during the custody battle. Not to mention a half assed story all season.

But I will admit I loved her final scene was with Arizona and Sofia. Arizona loves her enough to do what she did. Now I'm getting teary thinking about it.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Another predictable episode.
I knew that the whole court thing was just to write Callie off since the beginning. No way in hell Arizona would've won in real life. Remember 10 pages of Arizona fans arguing with me? Poor them. Arizona gained my respect back, though!

Last edited by ERussia; 05-19-2016 at 09:48 PM
Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

an actor wants to leave so shonda writes the character horribly. its her MO.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Extreme Fan

This was the best result of the season 12 for me. She had everything to offer. Friendship, love, sadness, intrigue, family. Precisely because of Jo and Alex. But of course, Meredith and Nathan, coming closer. Just where they have to last even talked about Derek and Megan. I really wish that both are a pair, they have made the same by and know the pain therefore. And they may be very, you could see that. Only is there unfortunately Maggie has thrown Nathan also an eye.

I have the stupid feeling that us 13 season can not come to breathe, since much will happen. The worst would be for Meredith, after she has experienced Maggie Nathan likes, she also learns that she is pregnant. I mean, Meredith and Nathan had four consecutive times had sex? This really can not be left without consequences. So with the best will there's something went wrong in the prevention.

Last edited by Katie99; 05-20-2016 at 05:23 AM
Old 05-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Another predictable episode.
I knew that the whole court thing was just to write Callie off since the beginning. No way in hell Arizona would've won in real life. Remember 10 pages of Arizona fans arguing with me? Poor them. Arizona gained my respect back, though!
To me it only made sense Arizona won. They had her sign papers earlier in the show, with the result that she had equal rights, so the whole custody battle was between two mothers with the same rights. Callie didn't want to move because of an incredible new job...no, she wanted to move, because her girlfriend of a few months received a good offer. She didn't involve Arizona in her thoughts, she was being selfish and impulsive as hell. No judge in their right mind would give that person full custody, especially considering Sofia's network was in Seattle. That was the stable enviroment.

It's also unnecessary to be so immature (''poor them'' to Arizona fans''). Callie was the one, who was selfish the past couple of episodes.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:21 AM
Extreme Fan

It's your typical Shonda.
When Sarah was leaving they created Cristina conflict with Meredith, they wanted us to dislike her because of it, but sadly no one likes Meredith. She also slept with pretty much married Owen.
When Dempsey was leaving he kissed another women, he left Meredith and her kids, etc.
It's meant to lessen impact of character departure by making him/her worse.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
To me it only made sense Arizona won. They had her sign papers earlier in the show, with the result that she had equal rights, so the whole custody battle was between two mothers with the same rights. Callie didn't want to move because of an incredible new job...no, she wanted to move, because her girlfriend of a few months received a good offer. She didn't involve Arizona in her thoughts, she was being selfish and impulsive as hell. No judge in their right mind would give that person full custody, especially considering Sofia's network was in Seattle. That was the stable enviroment.

It's also unnecessary to be so immature (''poor them'' to Arizona fans''). Callie was the one, who was selfish the past couple of episodes.
It doesn't matter. Court pretty much always sides biological mother. Add the fact that Arizona is a cheater and can be considered disable.
The whole court thing was to make Callie look bad and write her off.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's your typical Shonda.
When Sarah was leaving they created Cristina conflict with Meredith, they wanted us to dislike her because of it, but sadly no one likes Meredith. She also slept with pretty much married Owen.
When Dempsey was leaving he kissed another women, he left Meredith and her kids, etc.
It's meant to lessen impact of character departure by making him/her worse.
Right, then Derek had indeed kissed another woman, I think that since more had happened and that will come in the 13 season out. And Cristina is indeed also return back. Meredith needs to do then just Cristina because Alex has its own problems and Meredith has then probably quarreled with Maggie and has fallen out so right for Nathan.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Court pretty much always sides biological mother. Add the fact that Arizona is a cheater and can be considered disable.
The whole court thing was to make Callie look bad and write her off.
No offense, but your reasoning just makes me giggle. So....because Arizona once cheated she is unable to take care of her child? So....because Arizona lost a leg, but has no issue walking around these days she is unable to take of her child? Riiiiiight.

I know two people who won custody cases, similiar to the Arizona/Callie fight, so no, it's not a given the court gives the kid to the biological mother. You know what is a given? That the child goes to the one who can give the child the most stable enviroment. In the Arizona/Callie case...it was obvious that Seattle was the best for Sofia. It's obvious you can't see it from both ways though. Np
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Extreme Fan

The thing is that Callie fully functional biological mother. That's it.
Now it's clear that the whole court story existed only to ruin Callie's character. I don't see the point discussing it.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the episode although some of the wedding drama was over the top Glad April and her baby were ok, I was worried. I like the last scene with Arizona and Callie
Old 05-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I don't see the point discussing it.
Me neither (just responded, because your reaction towards Arizona fans was really immature - even invalid). Especially with someone who argues Arizona doesn't deserve Sofia, because she once cheated and basically....because she was in plane crash. Won't argue with you about it again

I enjoyed the episode. Like the fact that they don't have big disasters in their season finales anymore. Finales like this feel much more rewarding.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Don't answer her, we lost enough time on this court thing. Let's agree to disagree...

Might be the only one but I HATE Mer... I don't understand how she gets off being such a monster to Amelia... Her family deserted her, her brother and father are dead... So what does Mer do ? She goes to work, does not help her get ready, second guess OWen... The scene in front of the bathroom was the worst. She played it as if Amelia was being overdramatic "stuff your feelings" that is not being strong that's being mean, Owen was wrong about her. I prefer someone who expresses their feelings like Amelia than a robot like her. The whole "I'm here for you" came too little, too late. I don't particularly care for MAggie but she acted as a sister should... I honestly can't care for MEr anymore even when she talked about Derek I felt nothing. She always was a bit off but somehow she cared about the people in her life... Now she is cold, bitter and mean... The whole "Christina left you and Derek left her" is ridiculous. First, why is she treating Owen better than Amelia, is it what Derek would want ? Second glad OWen put her in her place. Christina moved on, they did not want the same things and Chritina has a big heart, I think she'd be happy for him. It is high time to let her go. I loved OWen and Christina but I feel people are making them tobe more than they were. If I remember the way they decided to get married was pretty rushed too and right after a trauma.

I don't care for RIggs either so good pairing him with MEr. I don't think he is gorgeous or charming no offence to the actor. I'll fast forward their scenes. They annoy me both. Once again the guy falls for the bitter harpy with three kids. The whole love triangle with Maggie is ridiculous. It is not supposed to be a highschool drama. MAggie i not maddly in love, she likes him. Just tell her you did not know and slept with him and that will be ok. But since it was the cliffhanger I guess we are in for some highschool drama. I'll fast forward that too.

Alex/ Jo I love them and I'm glad it is going somewhere. But it was too slow I thought that Alex would have learned about the husband and then deal with it next season. I really hope it does not take the whole season for him to figure it out. I also hope they bring back the husband. If he is dangerous it will be interesting or maybe he is reformed who knows ? Either way I hope JO/ Alex get a proper storyline next year. Alex has been there from the start he deserves it. What I don't want is for them tobe broken up and her to go with Delucca. As he pointed out he is a man, it is about time he gets married, has a houe and children. After 12 years I don't want him being single again. Can't the writers write proper storyline with married couple. It is like they think once you marry there is nothing to do so we will broke you up to bring you back etc... They are surgeons you can write drama outside the marriage.
Also glad she did not sleep with Delucca. I kept thinking "shocking hook up" through their scenes but then she was so drunk it would have been taking advantage of her.
About Alex beating him. Did he listen to Owen ? Give the benefit of the doubt, he should have asked what is going on ? I hope this quiproquo is cleared fast and not dragged on. I also wonder what Jo reaction will be ? She ran away from a violent guy and even if Alex would never hit a woman I would understand if she was cautious around him.

Amelia/ Owen... That first scene on the phone broke my heart, it was so well played I swear i cried when he begs her mom to come. They were such a big tight family to Derek always coming to see how he was, meet MEr, give body parts...That scene I can't find the words... One of my top scenes of Grey's...
The rest was ruined by Mer for me. She could not care less, had it been Christina or LExi or Izzie she'd be all over the place trying to help. Amelia was broken hearted and she was just "meh"...
I had doubt about the wedding but OWen's speech about faith made me believe in them. He loves her and it was beautiful that he was waiting for her. I really hope they prove everyone wrong and get super dupper happy and have tons of babies. I hope her mom comes out to meet him and see how wrong she was. I hope Amelia would stand up for herself and her husband and tell them all to go to hell.

Ben/ April
Glad the baby is alright, I hoped she would have had a normal delivery. Why do we always need drama ? A nice delivery with JAckson would have been ok. I'm also releaved the whole Ben drama is over. Clearly the guy will never understand. I don't care how many lives he saves the other woman is still dead. And he NEVER FELT GUILTY over it. I get it it happens, but Ben was always fine with her death and it bothers me.

Arizona/ Callie
We can all agree Sarah deserved better but the door is still open for her to come back.
Love Arizona she was being the bigger person but the whole thing is ridiculous. Callie lost her child that should be the only thing that matters. The whole PEnny thing makes no sense. If Arizona was a bitch she would keep Sofia to herself and not allow Callie to see her. You came that close to never see your child again, you should be thankful everytime you have her not be sad. And Arizona being fine with Sofia leaving really ???

My conclusion: sometimes a character screw up and you can blame the character because it is consistant with who he is. When Arizona cheated I was pissed at her but the whole storyline made sense after loosing her leg etc.... But sometimes the writers screw up and that is the case this season.. I can't be a 100% mad with Callie because the character has been betrayed by the writers. None of her action made sens knowing who she is. It is not her natural evolution. It is really sad... IT was Sara last episode and she had no scene with the others, or no important scenes.
As I said I'm a big ER Fan and when an actor left they usually had an entire episode centered around them. MArc had the haway episode. Abby had "the book of abby", Carter had several(in one his last patient is a child he delivered), Benton had the whole episode when he fights for Reese and tries to find a new job, when Carol leaves you see her go to Doug (Clooney came back for it)... After 12 years not even a party to say goodbye to Callie or a big operation something... a significant scene... Maybe even her going to Penny.
Too Sarah you did a great job on the show.. You will be missed

Ps: this morning before watching the episode I thought maybe Callie was going to kidnap Sofia. Would have made more sens than Arizona handing her over.