Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolillies (View Post)
I'm not even sure whether Meredith would be looking for somebody to be a substitute dad. She's doing a terrific job raising the kids on her own. Being a single parent isn't bad.
She has a village and I'm sure Alex would take over the dad part whenever Meredith needs someone to do that, her next partner shouldn't necessarily be involved with the kids in that way (especially if it is indicated that Derek has been her 'one true love')

Derek was her true and great love, but it is death! And I think it would be good if the children have a male role, precisely because of Bailey.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolillies (View Post)
I'm not even sure whether Meredith would be looking for somebody to be a substitute dad. She's doing a terrific job raising the kids on her own. Being a single parent isn't bad.
She has a village and I'm sure Alex would take over the dad part whenever Meredith needs someone to do that, her next partner shouldn't necessarily be involved with the kids in that way (especially if it is indicated that Derek has been her 'one true love')
I thunk Meredith will date and play around but it will end up single and open minded because yes no one can replace Derek at this point. The writer will loose all credibility if they have Meredith fall madly in love with someone else. Notice I used the word madly because Meredith may be able to love someone else but madly is different .
Old 05-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I thunk Meredith will date and play around but it will end up single and open minded because yes no one can replace Derek at this point. The writer will loose all credibility if they have Meredith fall madly in love with someone else. Notice I used the word madly because Meredith may be able to love someone else but madly is different .

Yes but it is possible and I hope they love again for Meredith. And Derek would want it too.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:46 AM
Extreme Fan

They lost credibility ages ago.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie99 (View Post)
Yes but it is possible and I hope they love again for Meredith. And Derek would want it too.
Yes but not a great love that's what Ellen said and Shonda is aiming for Meredith to be have an open end thing but not with a man.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
Yes but not a great love that's what Ellen said and Shonda is aiming for Meredith to be have an open end thing but not with a man.
We still do not know whether it ends with a man at the end of the series or not? Either it will be Alex or Natha, with which it is at the end together.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope she doesn't end up with Alex. Nothing against Alex or anything but I just don't see them together in that way
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I hope she doesn't end up with Alex. Nothing against Alex or anything but I just don't see them together in that way
Alex and Meredith are something the writers like to flirt with I think this has shown
Old 07-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they tease about it just to keep the conversation going but they aren't any plans for it. Maybe they have it as a back-up
Old 07-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I think they tease about it just to keep the conversation going but they aren't any plans for it. Maybe they have it as a back-up
who knows maybe it is the end game
Old 08-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was a good episode. Whenever they talk about Derek I like it because I think it makes a lot of sense that someone would struggle. In other shows people just magically move on after deaths. Hell, even on this show people usually just move on. I felt bad for Meredith when she saw the trailer was getting sold, that had to be rough.

However the way she treats Amelia sometimes is super annoying, it seems she takes everything out on her.

Callie broke up with Penny? WTF? After everything they went through? wtf.

I like Owen and Amelia but I do think talking about marriage was way too fast, they just got back together. The proposal was lame.

It’s hard to feel bad about Kyle when we didnt’ really know him that well, plus I found him pretty annoying anyways.

I can see why the promo advertised the Nathan/Mere thing as shocking because it was 100% random. I don’t think any casual viewer would have expected that to happen.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Alexa, I do have to agree with you about Kyle and the proposal between Owen/Amelia.

Kyle was kind of a douche-bag and Stephanie acknowledged that when they first met. She started a superficial relationship with him just to make him stop being a creeper, and then he suddenly falls head over heels with her. His mother and sister hates her because she broke his heart?! What the hell, what the sister said was kind of sexist. It's ok for Kyle to break a woman's heart but it's not okay for a woman to break his heart?! He's a freaking douche-bag! Plus, his death was clearly expected considering Stephanie wanted to get back together with him.

As for Owen/Amelia, wasn't it just a few episodes ago that Owen upset Amelia with his drinking? They had a very brief conversation about Owen regretting sending his sister on that helicopter. But she had a choice to make. She could have stayed behind and just not interacted with Riggs at all. I don't know, I was just not very impressed with Owen this season, and felt Amelia could have held off longer on the relationship by making him wake and work for it. He didn't deserve that immediate proposal.

Callie broke up with Penny... so she's not going to New York? What was even the point of having Penny this season? At first, it was for angst with Meredith and her playing the victim card for five episodes. That was never resolved, and I am still kind of pissed she never stood her ground and say she did not kill Derek in any way. Then later on, it was angst for Arizona when it came to Sofia? Um, but Arizona and Callie hadn't been together for like three years by this point?

Speaking of Arizona and Callie, why did Arizona get sole custody of Sofia? Both were right that Mark would be super unimpressed by all this, but he would want his daughter with Callie and Arizona, not just Callie or Arizona. Both Callie and Arizona were wrong with the whole thing; they should have worked things out like the adults they are. Not someone their daughter's age.

I had totally forgotten about that trailer until a few episodes back and when Owen went to sell it, it took me a while why Meredith turned into a mega bitch. It was her final connection to Derek, and again, Owen should have spoken to her about it. On the other hand, though, Meredith did sell the property a year earlier, and the trailer is included with the property. I absolutely ****ing loved how Riggs was the only one (besides Alex) not taking any of her ****. He stood right up, got in her face, and told her what exactly she was angry about and why it was stupid to be angry at Amelia.

I mean, if Japril and Jolex don't work out, this might just be my new OTP. And that would be kind of embarrassing considering how much I love Meredith/Derek.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda miss Callie
Old 02-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Season 13 is taking serious hits without Callie, Cristina and Derek. It is downright difficult to get through some of the episodes because the characters are boring.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Season 13 is taking serious hits without Callie, Cristina and Derek. It is downright difficult to get through some of the episodes because the characters are boring.
I am REALLY feeling callie's loss actually. I always liked her but I never realised how much substance and humour she brought to the show until now, and after watching the latest episode I realise I only care about a few characters at best. Derek was a massive loss but honestly I think it's jumped the shark after Cristina left. She was such a significant central presence on this show and she had such important relationships with so many people. It gets worse with every loss, and when you watch scenes from old seasons the quality was just on another level.