Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
that's a bit much . I doubt Nathan is willing to commit for a long term relationship
Why do not you think that Nathan is ready to a long-term relationship a go?
Old 05-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

I personally don't see how Nathan wanted to sleep with Meredith from day 1. I can see why she would be attracted to him (good-looking, distinguished, charming, etc.) but I cannot see why he would be attracted to her (yet). She has too many children, she isn't presented as all that nice to others at work, and from a physical standpoint she is not unattractive but is certainly not the stand out beauty of the hospital. It is downright odd that all the successful, middle-aged men tend to fall for Meredith.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I personally don't see how Nathan wanted to sleep with Meredith from day 1. I can see why she would be attracted to him (good-looking, distinguished, charming, etc.) but I cannot see why he would be attracted to her (yet). She has too many children, she isn't presented as all that nice to others at work, and from a physical standpoint she is not unattractive but is certainly not the stand out beauty of the hospital. It is downright odd that all the successful, middle-aged men tend to fall for Meredith.
Well Nathan finds Meredith interesting, it is not like the other women, it is different and mysterious and that's what makes them interesting just for Nathan. So why Derek Meredith loved? And Meredith's been a beautiful woman.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie99 (View Post)
Well Nathan finds Meredith interesting, it is not like the other women, it is different and mysterious and that's what makes them interesting just for Nathan. So why Derek Meredith loved? And Meredith's been a beautiful woman.
I honesty don't think there was any lead in, since it was meant to be a shocking hook up. What I still don't see is the motivation to sleep with her. He and Maggie argued about who had to work with her, and he repeatedly called her mean. She hasn't be presented as mysterious, she has been presented as mean, petty and often cruel towards Amelia and Jo. Given all of those things, most guys go for mean women if they are beautiful or stunning. Meredith is attractive but does not put much effort into her looks in way some of the other female doctors do.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I very much agree with you. It is very unrealistic... The kids alone are a lot to take in. Most men would have trouble with one but three very small ones. Besides Mer mostly pushes them away and is nasty so what man would want a mean woman ?

I think Mer did not struggle all that much considering she is a surgeon with three kids. I guess she can thank Maggie and Amelia for it (even if she seems to think Amelia has no business taking care of her kids). It would have been more interesting if rather than going for the "all the men want MEr but she is not over Derek" , they had gone for the "I have to raise three children by myelf while being a surgeon and have a hard time finding a man who I like and who will get on board with it". People would have feel for a single mother struggling, feeling lonely rather than the harpy she became...
Old 05-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I honesty don't think there was any lead in, since it was meant to be a shocking hook up. What I still don't see is the motivation to sleep with her. He and Maggie argued about who had to work with her, and he repeatedly called her mean. She hasn't be presented as mysterious, she has been presented as mean, petty and often cruel towards Amelia and Jo. Given all of those things, most guys go for mean women if they are beautiful or stunning. Meredith is attractive but does not put much effort into her looks in way some of the other female doctors do.
Yes so something must indeed have Meredith when Nathan is on them and sleeps with her. Since we are all agree right? I mean maybe he's really in love with her. And the man's heart is in their own ways.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossip23 (View Post)
I very much agree with you. It is very unrealistic... The kids alone are a lot to take in. Most men would have trouble with one but three very small ones. Besides Mer mostly pushes them away and is nasty so what man would want a mean woman ?

I think Mer did not struggle all that much considering she is a surgeon with three kids. I guess she can thank Maggie and Amelia for it (even if she seems to think Amelia has no business taking care of her kids). It would have been more interesting if rather than going for the "all the men want MEr but she is not over Derek" , they had gone for the "I have to raise three children by myelf while being a surgeon and have a hard time finding a man who I like and who will get on board with it". People would have feel for a single mother struggling, feeling lonely rather than the harpy she became...
I know. They keep introducing successful men who most likely waited to become successful in their practice before starting a family. Why would these single, attractive and successful men go for a woman with so much baggage and too many children? It's so unrealistic. They can obviously find a beautiful and unattached woman, with such high profile careers.

Even if Mer was radiant and kind, she would find it hard to get a good man who was willing to take on three small children. I think it's funny that no guy seems to notice Jo, but every guy calls Meredith hot and notices her. Jo, who is unattached and looks like a model, is presented as unremarkable on the show. It's like Shonda is so desperate to make the unbelievable fairy-tale ending possible for the average looking woman who watches the show.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think we are just meant to find Meredith amazing and charismatic because she's the main character. Even though they don't put much effort into showing why she's any better than the other characters, or why we should side with her over them. It's just because she's Meredith Grey.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Meredith could be beautiful again.

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have to say that I completely, completely agree with this
Old 05-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Even if Mer was radiant and kind, she would find it hard to get a good man who was willing to take on three small children. I think it's funny that no guy seems to notice Jo, but every guy calls Meredith hot and notices her. Jo, who is unattached and looks like a model, is presented as unremarkable on the show. It's like Shonda is so desperate to make the unbelievable fairy-tale ending possible for the average looking woman who watches the show.
It's the reason why Bailey is still here and dating a hot men like Ben.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 PM
New Fan

Well, that's just pretty subjective, I guess. I can totally see that Jo is attractive, however I find Meredith at least as attractive for her age and I find her much more interesting in terms of looks than Jo. So I don't think it's totally absurd that men find her hot. As for the kids, I can't remember if Will (?) knew about them and there certainly are men that wouldn't mind, but yeah I guess it makes things a bit more difficult.

As for Mers character, well it's been two or two and a half year since Derek dies, that's not all that long and people do cope differently. I think we will see a more positive Mer in the future.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Jo and Meredith are pretty much the same type. Jo was casted to be new younger version of Meredith.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaria (View Post)
Well, that's just pretty subjective, I guess. I can totally see that Jo is attractive, however I find Meredith at least as attractive for her age and I find her much more interesting in terms of looks than Jo. So I don't think it's totally absurd that men find her hot. As for the kids, I can't remember if Will (?) knew about them and there certainly are men that wouldn't mind, but yeah I guess it makes things a bit more difficult.

As for Mers character, well it's been two or two and a half year since Derek dies, that's not all that long and people do cope differently. I think we will see a more positive Mer in the future.
I think Will did not know was that Meredith children, but I think he might have had a little problem with it. And Nathan White has the Meredith Children and he has the look of it so no problem at all. But I do not know whether Nathan would be a good father figure for the children. Alex on the other hand, the writing so it is. They say that Alex is effectively a substitute father for the children.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not even sure whether Meredith would be looking for somebody to be a substitute dad. She's doing a terrific job raising the kids on her own. Being a single parent isn't bad.
She has a village and I'm sure Alex would take over the dad part whenever Meredith needs someone to do that, her next partner shouldn't necessarily be involved with the kids in that way (especially if it is indicated that Derek has been her 'one true love')
I just can't face this is seems. In my dreams, in my dreams.