Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2016, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

At least Sofia is being mentioned. :p The fact that Penny is being made out to be the love of Callie's life makes me . I never was a Calzona shipper, and I actually like them better apart, but I'm not buying Callie and Penny. I have to wonder if they are setting Sara Ramirez up to leave the show, but then again, this *is* Grey's Anatomy, so maybe this is the writers' weird, whacky way to make Callie and Arizona remind each other how much they love each other. It wouldn't be my choice of way to reconcile if they were going to reconcile. It feels like they're setting them up to be done for good, why else have Callie seem like she thinks Penny is the love of her life? If Callie suddenly jumps ships and changes her mind, it makes it look like she doesn't know what the heck she wants, but I think that's the case with the majority of the women on the show.

I just hope Penny gets the f off the show soon. She's a pointless character. Can she take Stephanie and Ben with her too?

Prior to season 11, I tended to side with the female characters, but Shonda's overbearing feminist writing has indeed made me sympathize with the men. They're all in their partners' shadows. And yeah, the long, 'please let's fix this' speeches are getting old. It's more of a recent thing, though... I mean, Meredith gave Derek several over the years. (The iconic, "Pick me, choose me, love me"). But that was before Shonda went full-blown feminist and made it impossible for her female characters to show any vulnerability or signs of weakness.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"Pick me, choose me, love me"
Oh, god. That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I don't know why writers female and male are so into making female characters beg men to want them and need them and pick them. I think it shows the wrong idea to the younger viewers to be honest. I think that was around the time Meredith, for me, went from a strong character to Needy one who needed a man to complete her life and honestly it sickened me.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Meredith is very needy, though the writers desperately try to convince viewers she's not by having her reiterate that she doesn't need people, she chooses them.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

There are only a handful of female leads that aren't whiny and needy and that's just a sad state compare to the male leads who could careless if the females want them or not.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The fact that Penny is being made out to be the love of Callie's life makes me . I never was a Calzona shipper, and I actually like them better apart, but I'm not buying Callie and Penny.
I completely agree. They have NO chemistry whatsoever in my opinion and honestly why is Penny still on this show?
Old 04-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

after everything CA been through it is very hard to buy into Callie and Penny.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi,

I'm a newbie here...

Where to start

The fact that the lockdown lasted seconds and that the kid was hiding was a major let down. I really thought the episode would be about a pedophile or crazy woamn stealing a kid and looking for the child. Then the second episode would have been about dealing with the lockdown consequences...
I thought it would be an episode similiar to the ferry accident or the shooting.... From the look of it I even hoped for JAckson and April to get stuck on the elevator...

About Ben.... IT is a good thing he made this mistake he was too perfect (knowing the names of all the kids etc) and that's why PEnny or Maggie don't work but I will come back to that... However it bothered me that he only cared about what would happen to him while Baley actually felt for the children... HE never stoped five seconds to quetion himself or feel guilty or wonder how those kids might feel...

Now Penny... For a start I'm not a big fan of the actress... My second and main problem i that she is too perfect... She is the only one who could have saved Derek, the best resident, the best girlfriend always saying the right thing, patient, sweet. The only time I thought she was interesting was when she went after the scolarship thing and was called out for it by the other girls. Finally she showed a signe she was human but no it did not last. Everyone on grey has made mistakes been mean at one point. Meredith can be a bitch, Alex was a moron, Jo is not always loved but God forbid Penny is anything but perfect...
I think the same thing applies to MAggie always so sweet and nice....

Arizona... That's just ridiculous you don't go to a lawyer like that. Clearly Callie misunderstood her try and talk it out first...

Owen... they are ruining him ... HE is not the guy Christina fell in love with. He is not the strong army guy, who got it together, a good guy, a gentleman with a hint of darkness. He lost all his charisma and charm. Even in the look department he looks unkept and does not seem to have it together.

In general,Grey's problem is that it lost what made it great. There is no competition anymore. Doctors have families, medicine is just a job and it's all about relationships. What happen to their ambition, they wanted to change the world be the bests. Only Christina followed that road.... Derek kept moving as well with the president stuff.... Meredith had a research trial going on what about curing Alzheimer...IT's just so dead nowadays, no challenges, they are just the best that's it and doing ridiculous stuff such as the guy with one leg... Derek used to fail even if he was the best but not them they are just perfect...
Is any of them doing research these days ? They became what they did not want to become ordinary...

Problem with the new intern is that they are secondary characters. I 'm a big fan of ER and a thing they did is let the newbies shine, give them their own separate different storyline not make them carbone copy of the older ones. We moved with MEr and the other from the starts except that now they made it or don't care to take it further. They should have started again with Jo and Steph and give them their own peronnalities and stories. It would have been nice to see them evolve the way we did with the first

We need to see the doctors get their ambition back let them be in a competition with another hospital, we need to see the interns, residents developpe their own storylines, we need something big to happen an accident, a real lockdown, a shooting, an explosion, a hostage thing whatever to wake them up... We need new blood from time to time like the crazy doc who replaced arizona that was fun....
Old 04-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossip23 (View Post)
Hi,

I'm a newbie here...

Where to start

The fact that the lockdown lasted seconds and that the kid was hiding was a major let down. I really thought the episode would be about a pedophile or crazy woamn stealing a kid and looking for the child. Then the second episode would have been about dealing with the lockdown consequences...
I thought it would be an episode similiar to the ferry accident or the shooting.... From the look of it I even hoped for JAckson and April to get stuck on the elevator...

About Ben.... IT is a good thing he made this mistake he was too perfect (knowing the names of all the kids etc) and that's why PEnny or Maggie don't work but I will come back to that... However it bothered me that he only cared about what would happen to him while Baley actually felt for the children... HE never stoped five seconds to quetion himself or feel guilty or wonder how those kids might feel...

Now Penny... For a start I'm not a big fan of the actress... My second and main problem i that she is too perfect... She is the only one who could have saved Derek, the best resident, the best girlfriend always saying the right thing, patient, sweet. The only time I thought she was interesting was when she went after the scolarship thing and was called out for it by the other girls. Finally she showed a signe she was human but no it did not last. Everyone on grey has made mistakes been mean at one point. Meredith can be a bitch, Alex was a moron, Jo is not always loved but God forbid Penny is anything but perfect...
I think the same thing applies to MAggie always so sweet and nice....

Arizona... That's just ridiculous you don't go to a lawyer like that. Clearly Callie misunderstood her try and talk it out first...

Owen... they are ruining him ... HE is not the guy Christina fell in love with. He is not the strong army guy, who got it together, a good guy, a gentleman with a hint of darkness. He lost all his charisma and charm. Even in the look department he looks unkept and does not seem to have it together.

In general,Grey's problem is that it lost what made it great. There is no competition anymore. Doctors have families, medicine is just a job and it's all about relationships. What happen to their ambition, they wanted to change the world be the bests. Only Christina followed that road.... Derek kept moving as well with the president stuff.... Meredith had a research trial going on what about curing Alzheimer...IT's just so dead nowadays, no challenges, they are just the best that's it and doing ridiculous stuff such as the guy with one leg... Derek used to fail even if he was the best but not them they are just perfect...
Is any of them doing research these days ? They became what they did not want to become ordinary...

Problem with the new intern is that they are secondary characters. I 'm a big fan of ER and a thing they did is let the newbies shine, give them their own separate different storyline not make them carbone copy of the older ones. We moved with MEr and the other from the starts except that now they made it or don't care to take it further. They should have started again with Jo and Steph and give them their own peronnalities and stories. It would have been nice to see them evolve the way we did with the first

We need to see the doctors get their ambition back let them be in a competition with another hospital, we need to see the interns, residents developpe their own storylines, we need something big to happen an accident, a real lockdown, a shooting, an explosion, a hostage thing whatever to wake them up... We need new blood from time to time like the crazy doc who replaced arizona that was fun....
Ben was never perfect, he left his family for a career, even, though, later he comes back. I think it's mostly Bailey who is perfect so people seen him as perfect too. I think they are going to write him off soon.
Owen was always weak, he was crying in Cristina shower, acting like a looser, etc. Most of guys are actually weak in Shondaland.
Penny is written this way because according to reports she is going to leave with Callie and I don't see them letting her go with someone bad, so maybe that's why she is perfect.
Agree that ER was better in reinventing itself.
Disagree about new needed catastrophe, it's already too much. Maybe the one that only includes newbies and not in the hospital.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

Prior to season 11, I tended to side with the female characters, but Shonda's overbearing feminist writing has indeed made me sympathize with the men. They're all in their partners' shadows. And yeah, the long, 'please let's fix this' speeches are getting old. It's more of a recent thing, though... I mean, Meredith gave Derek several over the years. (The iconic, "Pick me, choose me, love me"). But that was before Shonda went full-blown feminist and made it impossible for her female characters to show any vulnerability or signs of weakness.
I'm curious if Meredith is to someone these sentences again say. She has really changed, not only externally but also internally.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Disagree about new needed catastrophe, it's already too much..
When I say that I mean like traumas everywhere so they can each shine as doctors. I don't want them to be the victims. With the ferry stuff Izie opened a man head with a tool. Alex was dealing with the families, george was looking for a child etc...

I thought THIS was going to be a high adrenaline episode with the kid missing and everyone counting minutes looking for him while dealing with a lockdown.
Er had stuff like that happening everytime without anything happening to the doctors themselves. While in Grey's too much happens TO the doctors.
Carter, Chen, Abby and PRatt locked in the hospital, really big accidentS .... It made the episodes interesting.. Today Jo and Steph were sitting on their bums doing nothing... Christina was alsways running after a surgery... The only times they sat was to eat.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossip23 (View Post)
When I say that I mean like traumas everywhere so they can each shine as doctors. I don't want them to be the victims. With the ferry stuff Izie opened a man head with a tool. Alex was dealing with the families, george was looking for a child etc...

I thought THIS was going to be a high adrenaline episode with the kid missing and everyone counting minutes looking for him while dealing with a lockdown.
Er had stuff like that happening everytime without anything happening to the doctors themselves. While in Grey's too much happens TO the doctors.
Carter, Chen, Abby and PRatt locked in the hospital, really big accidentS .... It made the episodes interesting.. Today Jo and Steph were sitting on their bums doing nothing... Christina was alsways running after a surgery... The only times they sat was to eat.
The thing is that Grey's can't really do a lockdown considering small decorations. lol.
ER at least had 2 floors and bigger set.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

True lol
But something needs to happen the show i way to slow right now. The pace was much more exiting in the beginning...
Old 04-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Well with April being pregnant and Arizona/Callie situation, I'm sure some interesting mess is about to happen.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Was it really so that Owen Riggs wanted to wipe one because he was also with Alex and Amelia at the baby and took care of that? I found it as well but the Maggie Owen said the opinion, even if it itself was not good, the Riggs lied. I hope really that Meredith her opinion of Riggs still change.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

maybe they would appreciate the value of kids