Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Extreme Fan

1.If Penny killed Derek then Meredith killed Lexie mother and George.
2.Penny helping Meredith was very predictable and considering how they killed Derek it's strange that they keep her on the show to remind people of him.
3.Amelia/Meredith conflict is very over the top.First of all, I highly doubt she would've helped Meredith, probably she would be beaten too, and it's not like she just didn't go there, she has another work to do, if anything it should be Bailey husband (don't remember his name) who should feel guilty, but he also had another work to do, so...
Old 02-13-2016, 02:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Dude, no offense, but all I said was that THEY considered Penny to be Dereks killer. THEY, as in Mer and Amelia. Not me. Please read a post carefully before you freak out. Don't deserve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec =) (View Post)
No. No. No. No.

PENNY IS NOT DEREK'S KILLER!

When will you people get it through your head?! Penny was the one INSISTING Derek get a head CT!

We miss Derek, I understand! But Penny is not his killer. Don't say she's his killer until you watch that episode and listen her say not once, not twice, not thrice, but like FOUR times the patient get a head CT!

HOWEVER, I do agree that with the bloated cast, Penny is an unnecessary addition to the hospital staff.

I DO AGREE that Meredith has been unnecessarily rude to Amelia for absolutely no reason. The thing is, though... neither Amelia nor Meredith know the true story when it comes to Derek's time spent in the slummy-looking hospital. The only person that can tell the truth about that evening is Penny. AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME HATE HER!

Penny keeps playing the victim!!!

And is bringing Derek's two favorite people against one another. Meredith needs Amelia and Amelia needs Meredith now!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For a one-off episode, it was amazing. Great directing and great acting. I loved the suspense before the attack, the silent part, the scenes with Richard, Arizona, even the bond with Penny was nice. I really liked when Mer send Alex to Jo even if I don't really ship them that much (it was good for their friendship and for Alex, and for Jo too).

From the point of the view of the whole season, it was a bit anticlimatic since Amelia's drinking, Jackson & April, Alex&Jo were left in the air and vaguely mentioned after six weeks. I hope they come back to that because I hate when they skip things. That's lazy when it's done too much. Also, I don't think it was really necessary. They should've given Mer more screentime right after Derek died when she run away than now but oh well.

I'm glad they gave Meredith a flaw in the episode about not forgiving Amelia. Though I don't know what's the big thing she needs to forgive her for besides some harsh words. She's forgiven much worse. Maybe it's what Richard said that Derek died and she's alive.

Last edited by Maité; 02-13-2016 at 12:49 PM
Old 02-15-2016, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

The issue is that the show is trying to force forgive and forget It take years not one year. Ellen did well enough but it feels like it is catching on her she been playing Meredith for 12 years after all
Old 02-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

This show is not what it once was. Lazy gimmick episodes, lack of continuity, failure to address overarching plots. The plots from six weeks earlier better be addressed in full episodes or I will be super annoyed.

So tired of Meredith's never ending NDE. It does not erase the terrible things she did to others around her and a simple apology would suffice instead of trying to evoke pity for her through cheap gimmicks.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

I have a hard time feeling any pity for Meredth now whatsoever. They've beat that horse far too many times. It's like when Olivia Benson gets attacked/abducted/whatever on SVU. I just roll my eyes now, because you KNOW nothing is going to happen and she'll survive and carry on saving the world. How many times can you attack the SAME character?

That's why I admire shows like Criminal Minds, which truly is an ensemble show. I've never felt like any one character gets tortured more than the rest. They're pretty good about 'sharing' the torture.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

dp
Old 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They're pretty good about 'sharing' the torture.
That's messed up and funnt at the same time
Old 02-16-2016, 04:56 PM
New Fan

I agree with you. I don't understand why they didn't write messages to Meredith??? Shonda is definitely a misandrist. Now, Owen and Jackson are being portrayed as total jerks. I guess she pays the actors enough to put up with her issues. Catarina is wasted on this show. I hope she finds a better opportunity.

QUOTE=darkxtwisty;85039630]Thoughts
  • Ellen Pompeo still can't cry. (But neither can Jessica Capshaw, so she's not alone)
  • The scene where Meredith hears again was well-played by Justin and Ellen, though. (After the crying. The crying was awkward)
  • I kinda wish Ellen had narrated Meredith's thoughts, but I get they were going for the 'sound of silence' effect, which was sort of interesting.
  • When Meredith was deaf, why didn't anyone think to write on a whiteboard or iPad or anything so she could read what they were saying?
  • I feel bad for little Bailey. He was just 'there' and Mer kept asking for Zola, not Zola and Bailey... he just kind of stood there like, "WTF" and even later he was on the opposite end of the couch from the girls. Poor kid. It's already bad enough being the only guy in a house full of women.
  • The opening VO pissed me off. Yeah, we get it, Shonda hates men. I was also aggravated by Ellen's interviews STILL insisting that the fans' response to Patrick's exit was sexist. Um. No. We're angry because of how he died. We weren't angry when Sandra Oh left because Cristina wasn't murdered in the most horrible way, and she's alive and well and being successful.

I really wish they'd stop using Amelia as a prop. Caterina can freaking act (Private Practice proves that, if you haven't watched it), and Grey's is just wasting her.

I'm glad Meredith finally realized she doesn't need 'one person'. It's a bummer she didn't realize that like eight seasons ago.

Also, I wish she and Amelia would forgive each other and lean on each other. They're the only two who really knew Derek, so I'd like them to get to a point they can exchange stories. But maybe that would be too much for the writers since they're trying to obliterate Derek.

I don't care enough about Penny to comment on her.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like it is not Ellen fault that show has been going on for 12 on recycled material to be fair
Old 02-17-2016, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing is this has been done to death ,therefore no good acting can save it.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually LOVED this episode, I am shocked to see that people didnt like it. I found the storyline really interesting and I loved seeing Meredith go through it and come out on the others side!

The meredith/alex scenes were so great, to seeing how in pain he was over her being hurt and then the hospital scenes on the bed.

It was a little strange that we didnt get to see any resolution to things that happened that week, other than little snippets, but hopefully they will touch on those next episode.

The one thing I do agree with is that it should have been extended over multiple episodes instead of just over and done with in one episodes time...
Old 12-23-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mer and Alex scene are always made of win
Old 01-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The Merlex scene when Meredith got her hearing back is my favorite by far!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah their chemistry is amazing