Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Meh, that's just who was on set when the media was there/who was willing to talk to the media. Hopefully it's more than that. Also looks like at the time the media was on set, the cast/crew kept them in the dark about the "Where is Derek" plot because no one seems to know anything about that.
Sounds like PD is done for the season, so this #WhereIsDerek might be the theme all the way to the finale allowing him to pop up next season, I suppose.

The cast is making light of it on social media. CS/Amelia was joking about it and EP is suppose to be on JKL after 21. If they were killing him, I would think this would be more serious.

IDK.

It would make sense that SR would release PD if he wanted to be free to race, and we all know Shonda doesn't hold on if you want to fly the nest.

Just want to get on with the show, no matter what, you know what I mean.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Would they really joke about a death? IDK. They didn't joke about the S8 finale at all. Even SR issued warnings that it was depressing/tragic. They're making this #WhereisDerek into a big joke. So maybe he just goes MIA and that's the trend until God knows when.

Though PD might have pre-shot scenes. We thought it was taking them forever to film 21. Could be because he was shooting multiple episodes. Plus he said he shot for 3 months straight... that's a lot of filming for the amount of screen time we've seen him in eps 16/17/18/19. Only episode he was in the full episode was 18.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
I wish!!!

I hope we don't watch this whole episode just rehashing the plane crash. Sorry, but I am over it.
From the articles that were released, it looks like it has more to do with Maggie, Amy, Stef and Jo getting caught up on what happened.

Plz, I can't take another show centered around characters I am not invested in!
Yeah, I hope that isn't it. I am getting tired of these centrics on undeserving characters. It's out of control.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Meh, that's just who was on set when the media was there/who was willing to talk to the media. Hopefully it's more than that. Also looks like at the time the media was on set, the cast/crew kept them in the dark about the "Where is Derek" plot because no one seems to know anything about that.
IDK...The Japril shippers thought it was impossible for JW and SD to tweet the photo of the birth certificate that was in the same episode as the death certificate.
And before you mention there is a difference because of who PD is to the show, I get it. But actors are more invested in the plots than what the shippers think imo.

Anything is possible, still, and I don't put it past SR to kill Derek if he has expressed a desire to want to race full time.

Besides, I think the fallout for Meredith will be juicy acting material, no matter which way this goes down, so she might be happy on JKL.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Everything else aside, though, no one was joking when the Japril baby storyilne was going on. They told us to get tissues ready. ABC is making such a joke out of this #WhereisDerek business. It's going to backfire hugely on them if it ends in tragedy.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Everything else aside, though, no one was joking when the Japril baby storyilne was going on. They told us to get tissues ready. ABC is making such a joke out of this #WhereisDerek business. It's going to backfire hugely on them if it ends in tragedy.
Very true. But I think it will backfire just as badly if they leave Meredith thinking she's a widow or he took off.
Coma/Amnesia is so lame and overdone.
This better be one of the most original plots she has ever come up with in order to keep everyone's interest!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it would backfire because people would still have hope that she would reunite with Derek. If they kill him off decidedly, they cannot redeem that in people's minds.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I don't think it would backfire because people would still have hope that she would reunite with Derek. If they kill him off decidedly, they cannot redeem that in people's minds.
Not my type of plot. Hoping Derek shows up, maybe, sometime in S12. If they did that to Japril, I would be out.
Watching April walking around wondering where Jackson is episode after episode.
Assuming he's dead, or up an left.
Trying to explain it to Zola, who could understand.

Nope, that would be more torturous for me. I would at least need to be clued in on what really went down to cause the absence, as a viewer, to keep tuning in for the eventual reunion.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

But if the audience knew he was alive, it is different than if we are all unaware of where he is.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Would be great if the viewers were let in on something Meredith doesn't know.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
But if the audience knew he was alive, it is different than if we are all unaware of where he is.
Exactly. It they are going this route, they need to let the audience in on the plot in 24, otherwise I see it backfiring.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Amelia has to be apart of it seeing as Derek is her brother and all and he could have died in that plane crash and we didn't get any type of reaction on PP so I'm hoping we get at least a little reaction regarding her brother almost dying but her arc seems to be around Owen's guilt.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

She seems to have an adversarial relationship with her brother at times, so perhaps that is why.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry, but Amy doesn't do it for me. Watching her have something else to boohoo over does not make me happy GA fan.
She has had more emotional outburst about her baby and boyfriend than Japril and I hate when SR pushes characters on me.
I am liking Maggie more now that they have backed off and are allowing me to get invested.
Amy has been pushed in my direction, and it isn't working.
I know others have watched PP, I did for a few seasons, and they are totally invested in Owelia, but not for me.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
Sorry, but Amy doesn't do it for me. Watching her have something else to boohoo over does not make me happy GA fan.
She has had more emotional outburst about her baby and boyfriend than Japril and I hate when SR pushes characters on me.
I am liking Maggie more now that they have backed off and are allowing me to get invested.
Amy has been pushed in my direction, and it isn't working.
I know others have watched PP, I did for a few seasons, and they are totally invested in Owelia, but not for me.
to each their own. Shonda loves Caterina and seeing as Amelia gets the same airtime on GA as she did PP I don't really see it as pushing her character down my throat but then again I watched PP for Caterina and fell in love with Amelia on PP and was super excited that she was becoming a regular on GA. I get it through, there are plenty of characters that have airtime when I personally think they shouldn't but it is what is it.