Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

11.20: "One Flight Down"

11.20: One Flight Down
Original Air Date: April 16, 2015

Episode Description:
A small plane crash occurs, triggering bad memories for Meredith and Arizona as injured victims are brought to the hospital. Meanwhile, tension between Owen and Amelia creates an awkward work environment for Stephanie.

Promo:

Sneak peeks:

Reminders:
This is a general episode discussion thread so everyone is welcome to post in it.

We would just like to request that we respect each other's opinions and ships and
keep criticisms constructive. Thank you.

Grey's Anatomy Board Rules:
~ For the same reason, we are requesting everyone to please do not discuss 'opposing fanbases' in the threads, whether they're in or elsewhere. We all love the show so let us keep our discussions to the show and its characters.

~ Criticisms about the show and its characters are welcome in the threads as long as they're kept constructive. No character-bashing, please, especially in the episode threads. Constructive criticisms are different from bashing. We should learn to distinguish between the two. Be mindful of other posters who may like the character we're talking about. Let's keep in mind that we may have a right to post our thoughts but other people do too. If we want people to respect our opinions, let us learn to respect others too.

~ Do not call a ship and/or character by a negative association label. Since season two and on these words have been used in a character/ship bashing manner: MurDer, Bobble Head(Denny), Gizzard, Gizziegate, Grizzie, Izzme, Callous, and etc. These names are considered to be character and/or ship bashing which is something we do not tolerate on this board. So from now call the ships and/or characters by their names, and not names give to them by negative association.

~ No actor or writer-bashing, please. This is a rule. We are all welcome to criticize the characters and the stories but making negative personal comments about the actors, the creator or the writers are unacceptable. Unless we know these people personally, we have no right to talk negatively about their personal lives, even in a speculative way. Let's keep our comments to the fiction part of the show, shall we?

~ Shipper wars are also not allowed at or at this site. We believe there is no competition between the ships each show so there's no need to bash each other's ships. We like that people are so passionate about their ships and we appreciate the time and effort that you spend posting about them. We'd like to keep it that way.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask Jaje, Wala, or Mai.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftt

Icon: Nikki
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I feel kind of shocked in a bad way that Stephanie continues to receive mini-storylines each episode. It's so frustrating because Shonda tries so hard to make her happen.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

It's annoying, agreed. Stephanie needs to goooo...
Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I feel kind of shocked in a bad way that Stephanie continues to receive mini-storylines each episode. It's so frustrating because Shonda tries so hard to make her happen.
Stephanie is annoying to me as a character and I am amazed that she keeps getting more screen time than established players on the canvas, EVERY episode.

They should at least split the time with Jo, who has floundered all season.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

The most ridiculous thing is that her plots don't build up to anything. It's like in a cartoon, each episode has a different plot and has nothing to do with the previous one. It's so obvious this is the case because she still fails to have any relevance three seasons in.

I agree that it is odd that Jo flounders each epsode while Stephanie gobbles up airtime. It makes them both look pointless.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The most ridiculous thing is that her plots don't build up to anything. It's like in a cartoon, each episode has a different plot and has nothing to do with the previous one. It's so obvious this is the case because she still fails to have any relevance three seasons in.

I agree that it is odd that Jo flounders each epsode while Stephanie gobbles up airtime. It makes them both look pointless.
She's either asking Jo what's up with bavery, in on a kick ass brain tumor surgery, taking a superhero posture to pass out, being offered a fellowship to Mass Gen with Mama A.
So over her, and now she is suppose to have a love interest in this epi. SMH.
Will never be invested in her!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

All this kick ass surgeon Stephanie could be the preparation to send off someplace else. And speaking of Jo and Stephanie, I find it weird that Jo came in as graduating at the top of her class at Harvard and now Stephanie is the kick ass surgeon .
Old 04-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Well to begin with, Jo graduating top of her class was never believable. I do think they came up with some contrived backstories for Jo that did not take off. For instance, her stealing a car five times.

The problem with Stephanie is that does not fit with anyone's story. She really has not connected with anyone in a real way since she has arrived. Jo has Alex but he was never Shonda's favourite so she dismisses Jo too.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

tftnt

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 04-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by begonia (View Post)
All this kick ass surgeon Stephanie could be the preparation to send off someplace else. And speaking of Jo and Stephanie, I find it weird that Jo came in as graduating at the top of her class at Harvard and now Stephanie is the kick ass surgeon .
Theory and practice aren't the same. I do agree that they're preparing Stephanie to leave (or die).
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

They did it to Leah last year. Gave her tons of screen time then she left.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Maybe she will realize surgery is not for her and take off.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Maybe she will realize surgery is not for her and take off.
I wish!!!

I hope we don't watch this whole episode just rehashing the plane crash. Sorry, but I am over it.
From the articles that were released, it looks like it has more to do with Maggie, Amy, Stef and Jo getting caught up on what happened.

Plz, I can't take another show centered around characters I am not invested in!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Meh, that's just who was on set when the media was there/who was willing to talk to the media. Hopefully it's more than that. Also looks like at the time the media was on set, the cast/crew kept them in the dark about the "Where is Derek" plot because no one seems to know anything about that.