Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

11.18: When I Grow Up

11.18: When I Grow Up
Original Air Date: April 2, 2015

Episode Description:
A school field trip to the hospital takes a dramatic turn when the kids witness two injured cops enter the emergency room. Meanwhile, Stephanie sets her eyes on one of the chaperones, Callie operates on the leg of the police captain and Amelia must face her feelings for Owen.

Promo:

Sneak peeks:

Reminders:
This is a general episode discussion thread so everyone is welcome to post in it.

We would just like to request that we respect each other's opinions and ships and
keep criticisms constructive. Thank you.

Grey's Anatomy Board Rules:
~ For the same reason, we are requesting everyone to please do not discuss 'opposing fanbases' in the threads, whether they're in or elsewhere. We all love the show so let us keep our discussions to the show and its characters.

~ Criticisms about the show and its characters are welcome in the threads as long as they're kept constructive. No character-bashing, please, especially in the episode threads. Constructive criticisms are different from bashing. We should learn to distinguish between the two. Be mindful of other posters who may like the character we're talking about. Let's keep in mind that we may have a right to post our thoughts but other people do too. If we want people to respect our opinions, let us learn to respect others too.

~ Do not call a ship and/or character by a negative association label. Since season two and on these words have been used in a character/ship bashing manner: MurDer, Bobble Head(Denny), Gizzard, Gizziegate, Grizzie, Izzme, Callous, and etc. These names are considered to be character and/or ship bashing which is something we do not tolerate on this board. So from now call the ships and/or characters by their names, and not names give to them by negative association.

~ No actor or writer-bashing, please. This is a rule. We are all welcome to criticize the characters and the stories but making negative personal comments about the actors, the creator or the writers are unacceptable. Unless we know these people personally, we have no right to talk negatively about their personal lives, even in a speculative way. Let's keep our comments to the fiction part of the show, shall we?

~ Shipper wars are also not allowed at or at this site. We believe there is no competition between the ships each show so there's no need to bash each other's ships. We like that people are so passionate about their ships and we appreciate the time and effort that you spend posting about them. We'd like to keep it that way.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask Jaje, Wala, or Mai.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 04-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

tftnt Happy Greys Day Love that second sneak hehe I hadn't seen it yet.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftt

Icon: Nikki
Old 04-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Today oh yes
Old 04-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! With it being Holy Week I totally forgot it was Grey's Day!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

In my opinion, I see ZERO chemistry between Owen and Amelia
Old 04-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I kind of agree about Owen and Amelia. Something doesn't seem quite organic about their chemistry together. Perhaps they need more time to get used to each other as actors. Or maybe because the story is so overwhelmingly full on with them that it's too unbelievable to the actors to sell and they need more time to buy the story. Because I have no idea how Amelia could be falling in love with Owen in the span of a few episodes....
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Because I have no idea how Amelia could be falling in love with Owen in the span of a few episodes....
I completely agree. I mean I get it, this is TV but still that honestly came out of nowhere to me
Old 04-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually see chemistry with them, but I agree that falling in love already seems fast (but this has always been the case with the couples in this show)

I LOVED the last scene with Derek and Amelia.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I completely agree. I mean I get it, this is TV but still that honestly came out of nowhere to me
They had their first scene together in 11x07 and their first "positive" scene in 11x08. Amelia liked how he dealt with her being an addict. She liked him ("I work for you ... and I respect you ... and I like you...") and then there was the "Do you have people"-scene. This was pure chemistry for me. Then the scene in the chapel when Owen noticed that there was something wrong with Amelia that day and her telling him about her baby. Then their first kiss. I think this actually got really slow.
11x08 was the episode when Derek left and Derek was gone at least 2 or 3 months.
When you work together almost every day for several weeks in my opinion it is possible to fall in love with someone during that time.
That's the point. That's the entire point.
Don't ... don't avoid it. Don't ... extinguish it."
Old 04-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
In my opinion, I see ZERO chemistry between Owen and Amelia
Totally agree. I hate when I am presented a couple to ship instead of rooting for them over time.
Besides, Amelia fled from James in 10x21, (epi April told Jackson she WAS pregnant and the baby passed two months ago at five month gestation).
If we r going from GA timeline she is now in love with Owen in like 6-7 months tops.
So not believable.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
If we r going from GA timeline she is now in love with Owen in like 6-7 months tops.
So not believable.
If we're going to play THAT card, Derek fled from Addison and was in love with Mer like 2 weeks later. Shepherds fall hard and fast.

And I don't really believe Amelia was in love with James. Otherwise she wouldn't have left him so easily.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I think there is chemistry between Amelia and Owen. The problem of some people can't accept them as couple is because they don't have so much time scene. But, I believe that Amelia is falling in love for him because he is totally different men that she used to be with. By the another side, people still thinking that Owen is not over Cristina, so people can't buy this new couple. I think Owen is definitely over Cristina and now he is feeling in love again.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I don't think people don't accept them because they lack screen time. In fact, if it is one thing this couple does not lack, it's airtime.

It will be interesting, and quite unbelievable, if Owen actually says he is falling in love with Amelia when the audience never saw him fall out of love with Cristina.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

So it's not possible to love two people at once? Okay. Just because you love someone deeply doesn't mean you can't accept that you're not right for each other and move on and love someone else. No one is saying Owen will ever stop loving Cristina, but that doesn't mean he can't love Amelia too. Happens all the time in real life. Sometimes people just aren't right for each other. Owen and Cristina are two of those people, and I hope Owen recognizes that. He has to move on at some point. He can't pine over Cristina forever, and to expect him to just stop loving her is impossible. Doesn't mean he's not allowed to move on and open his heart to someone else, though.