Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What about Calzona?
They are in the background but things will pick up I'm sure that always happens.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Well let's hope those who are really hoping for Derek to die, will be extremely disappointed.
I don't think anyone is routing for Derek to die, but speculating about obvious clues isn't something that should be dismissed.

Meredith's plot, for most of this season, has been about doing it on her own.
Hell, she even spent a weekend enjoying her "freedom" instead of going to DC.

Having a "win" streak until Derek reappeared, and then her head was totally not in the game causing this kids death in 17 spoke volumes to me.

The final scene in 17 was her saying, flat out, that she can live on her own, she just doesn't want to.

That is almost as bad as the finale in S10 for Japril shippers when they hug in the hallway and said "our baby will be fine". Shonda is nothing if not sadistically poetic.

As far as a major characters death would be written in the finale, I am not disagreeing, good point. But the side is indicating that there is no brain activity in the patient, and then the sides for 22 are indicating that there is a time jump of 6-7 months.
All very suspicious.

And another thing that is troubling is that all the patients in the 21 sides all seem to be car crash victims and PD posted that BTS of him in the Porsche.

As we are not privy to the actors contracts, we do not know if there were out clauses that PD or SR included that left them mutually satisfied that he was guaranteed for S11 but could leave in S12 if circumstances changed.

I am not routing for Derek's demise, far from it as I don't think the show has any chance of going on past S12 if that were the case.

I am just not sure where Shonda sees Meredith's story ending. Whether is it having it all or going it alone.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

It would be stupid to have her go at it alone as a single mom, because then she'll be her mother. Yeah, Meredith can live without Derek, we saw that, but she was also unbearable (for me, a FAN of Meredith) to watch alone. I don't like how she's been treating her subordinates this season, and I don't think that would get better if Derek died. It would only be worse, because her husband wouldn't be on the other side of the country, he would be gone, gone -- and for real. She would be moodier than I want imagine. She would be Ellis. Ellis became who she was because she lost the love of her life. Maybe not through death, but it's the same concept.

The flip side of this all being, not that Shonda is trying to show that Meredith is better off alone, but that she CAN be alone but she doesn't have to CHOOSE to be alone, like the VO says at the end. She sure can choose to push Derek away, like she has been all season, or she can choose to be with him. And that's really beautiful and something you don't see very often on television or in real life. A woman who doesn't NEED a man, but she CHOOSES to have a man in her life.

There are many women out there who think they need a man. Here Shonda is portraying a woman who doesn't need a man, but wants a man. And that's how it should be.

Derek has always been more dependent on Meredith than Meredith has been on Derek, though. That was clear from the beginning. Meredith has always been surrounded by her friends, whereas Derek was more of a loner. Nancy even said Derek has never been single, he was always with a woman. I knew Derek would be impacted more than Meredith when he went to DC in the first place.

As for the streak, the only reason it was broken was because Meredith was thinking about Derek all day and it seemed like she felt like she had something to prove. She took on an impossible case, as if she felt like she needed to prove she could save a life -- any life -- with Derek back. She set herself up for that failure.

It's a parallel to S4 though. In 4x17, Derek even said, "We kill things together." They killed 12 people together in S4 during their trial. The balance between their personal lives and work lives has always been an issue for them. It's why Mer left Neuro, because he couldn't trust her at work.

I don't think they're *fine* by any means right now. It was a step. If they were fine, they would have kissed or hugged, but they didn't -- which shows there's still unresolved issues. The next step, I feel like, is for them to save a life together -- that's how they realized they could be extraordinary together in S4, and if this season is a true parallel to S4, then that's what's next. Not Derek dying because that doesn't prove anything.

Now, I wouldn't put it past Shonda to kill Derek at the end of S12 after they've got everything worked out if she truly wants Meredith to be a widow. I just think there's too much unresolved with MerDer right now to kill him... and it would do nothing for the show next season. I don't think I would want to watch Meredith become Ellis 2.0.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow, what a disappointment with Derek. I waited until the last moment that his interest was more by the resident's project than her but then he kissed her, despite the face of crazy she has. It was halfway ridiculous he practically ask the kiss, correspond and then behave like a repentant maiden.

If he felt a necessity to kiss, leave the job is not the solution because in Seattle will have another cute resident to kiss. I think he should have told the whole truth to the Mer, because if the woman was able to answer the phone intentionally, she can be the new Murphy in their lives. I think they are only postponing the problem. But Mer after all that has passed is more firm and sure of she wants. Derek have to be careful.

The friendship demonstrated by Alex, Callie and Maggie was cool and comforting.

Although the case was until funny, Jo continues without many attractive to me. Bailey is always Bailey.

Owen is right in his distrust. Maybe he wants to follow more closely before forming an opinion. And finally he and Amelia managed to have a moment alone. I want to see how they will behave from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Two things bothered me about this episode. The first one was that Meredith was responsible for Alex's patient's death and she did it because she was high strung about Derek. She brought her drama into the OR and it resulted in a patient dying.
Initially I had the same impression. But now I think it was something more about she impose herself as a doctor than to leave a personal problem overlap the professional.

It is not the first time she clash with Alex professionally. In the end, the patient analyzed the two options, made a decision. Unfortunately, her body was very weak and for this reason, probably would not be a suitable candidate nor for transplantation.

Last edited by Rainha♕Primavera; 03-28-2015 at 12:01 PM
Old 03-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Um he did tell Meredith the truth. He told her the whole story. That's why the last scene parallels the first and why Mer was so upset all day.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I think he did tell Meredith that he kissed the resident. I think the issue isn't that she does not know the whole truth but it is as you said, the fact that he felt the need to kiss her in the first place. But I think he recognized this problem himself and came back as soon as he realized the problem.

Anyways, you could be right about Meredith and Alex. I think I was just upset because people don't take Alex's opinion seriously, and in this case, he was right. She should not have operated.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also think she shouldn't have operated, but I guess they wanted to make, the streak is over, when Derek came home... I had a feeling the streak was going to be over before the episode aired.

I do think he told Meredith everything [well he better] that's why she was hurt and upset all day, and he was also scared in the last scene, that Meredith will tell him they're over.

Icon: Nikki
Old 03-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. I think she wouldn't have abruptly left the house if she didn't know there was something that actually did happen. We were left with flashbacks of what happened in DC because that was what was going through Meredith's mind, along with her journey with Derek, while she was at work that day.

It makes sense now too with the fact that she said "that's all that happened," earlier in the episode. And it also aligns with Derek's fear that she would say it was over. Hence him calling post it.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, it was not clear for me the mention the kiss. I saw a man justifying himself by fear of losing his wife, but without going into too much detail.

Posterity, you may be right about Mer in relation to the Alex's patient. Mer sometimes goes beyond certain limits, as in the last episode when she told to Callie that Arizona went out with others during marriage and she did not owed anything to her.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Japril April and Jackson Avery — @wanderlust_xx_Yesterday on set was pretty wild to...

Ok, BTS of PD driving a Porsche and now this BTS about a stunt with "gorgeous cars" getting banged up.

Sorry, but I am suspicious. I am believing more and more that he is involved in the 11x21 sides with all the auto accidents and the seemingly injured cast member. That it has nothing to do with PTSD, (which is the plane crash epi "One Flight Down" 11x20).

Derek realized in 11x17 just how much Mer is his world, and that he doesn't want anything besides her in his life and Shonda followed it up with a foreshadow that is blaring, "I can live without you, but I don't want to."

What is going down in 11x21 is scary...to ALL the fans.

Last edited by justathought; 03-28-2015 at 02:17 PM
Old 03-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

11x22 sides are even more confusing, something big is happening.... And I don't doubt blood will be shed, and I'm positive there's more than meets the eye. What's confusing is all the doctors they're casting... 11x21 and 22 sides seem to take place in somewhere other than GSMH.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
11x22 sides are even more confusing, something big is happening.... And I don't doubt blood will be shed, and I'm positive there's more than meets the eye. What's confusing is all the doctors they're casting... 11x21 and 22 sides seem to take place in somewhere other than GSMH.
They are shooting 11x21 in an abandon hospital. There was a "Notice with intent to Film" sent to residents that was blogged on several sites.

Something big is going down, and with the time jump in 22 I am not sure what Shonda is cooking up but it is intense for sure.

PD is either involved in the cause of the accident, or stumbles upon it, or is actually hurt.

The sides sure do make it sound like he is hurt. Especially the John Doe side.

Like I said, I am not wishing death on Derek, but this is not the PTSD plot that is in 20 and there is more than just a simple Sunday drive in a Porsche for Derek.

Or this could all be about him seeing a very ill equipped hospital, (judging from the sides), and decide to take it on and reform it.
Two neurologist at GSMH isn't necessary and it keeps him close to Mer and not in DC.

Last edited by justathought; 03-28-2015 at 03:12 PM
Old 03-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

That would be brilliant, actually. If he comes across a hospital that's lacking a neuro department and decides to spearhead it himself. That would solve the Amelia/Derek situation.

The 11x21/22 sides confuse me immensely. I definitely think there's more than what meets the eye. Killing McDreamy simply doesn't make sense practically from a writer's POV if there's going to be a season 12. If they plan on season 11 being the last season, then I can kind of see. I wouldn't like it, but I'm not interested in watching a season of Mer being a widow. And I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Ratings are solid and Grey's attracted more viewers than they had since Derek left last night. Proof that McDreamy is a huge asset to the show. I do think the show would tank without him, especially if they're going to write Meredith as a grieving widow. She was painful enough to watch with Derek in DC. I can't imagine watching her with Derek dead. And I love Meredith and Ellen. My "McDreamy dies" theory is that Meredith will then get Alzheimer's and hallucinate Derek all season 12. The entire season will be her reminiscing all the great times they had together. So depressing. I guess it's the only way they can kill Derek and thus keep McDreamy around. So Patrick wouldn't really be off the show...

It would just be so sad...
Old 03-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

It would work brilliantly if PD really does want to stick with the show.

It could also bring in the HAF if the entire cast is torn about seeing a hospital, maybe in a bad area, that just needs funding.

That with the proper help they would have been able to save lives if they lose a lot of the accident victims because of poor staffing and equipment.

It could also give them more steam if Shonda really does want to beat the ER record for most seasons.

Who knows, but I am definitely intrigued by 21 especially with the implied time jump in 22.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

11x22 makes it look like one of our doctors undergo surgery at a hospital that's not GSMH, though. And then there are the two six-year-olds -- flashbacks to little Meredith again??? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if Meredith has another NDE, considering it's been two seasons since she's had a NDE. Though the person's husband is there with her, so that means Derek is very much alive if it's Meredith???

I'm wondering how many of these are fake sides, though. About half of the sides in this year's sides haven't happened, so we should probably take them with a grain of salt. Ellen was in street clothes at a hospital in a picture Patrick posted on Wednesday. It could be she hadn't changed yet, or it could be something else.

Or 11x21-22 are one big AU. Who freakin' knows. Could be anything at this point. I refuse to believe PD would break his contract, especially when he said just a couple months ago he's with the show until the end of S12 and he's said Grey's is his first priority and how grateful he is for the show to allow him to race. Movies wouldn't allow him that flexibility and I doubt most other television shows would, either. Can't see him giving up all that or ABC letting him go when he brings them so much profit.