Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I don't believe for a second that Derek is dying. If someone is dying it's someone who's not a regular (Ben/Catherine), or someone whose contract expires this year. And Patrick is bound under contract. Do you really think ABC would let his pretty face go so easy? LOL. Most likely I think the scenes in the sides for 11x21 are a result of Meredith and Arizona's PTSD. Though sides are sometimes misleading, especially when it's a big, intense episode. Those particular sides reminded me too much of 9x2. I don't think whatever is happening is occurring in real-time with everything else.

And nobody's interested in watching Meredith as a widow mother. At least I'm not.

GA needs McDreamy. Look at the ratings.
One Flight Down - plane crash epi is 11x20, not 11x21 so not buying that.

The ratings held, just as they have since he has been absent from the canvas so that is a mute argument too.

The supposed character that is killed off one of Shonda's shows has a big fanbase and that is not Ben or Catherine so that wont work either.

Shonda doesn't keep people on when they want to spread their wings, Mark and Lexie are proof of that.

All I am saying is that I would not rule it out so casually as there are a lot of things pointing to his possible demise including Mer's own forshadowing that "I can live without you, I just don't want to".
Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Pretty sure the crash happens in 11x20 and the after effects lead into 11x21. Makes perfect sense.

Mark and Lexie aren't McDreamy, though. I mean, sure, they were beloved, but they weren't as valuable to ABC.

And the "big fanbase" rumor was posted on a gossip site. One called "Naughty Gossip" -- do you really believe a word posted on a site called "Naughty Gossip"? I, for one, do not.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

He sure is for ABC.

Derek was off from 6 episodes and he was constantly mentioned and still part of a storyline, more can be said than some characters who were there just to fill come time, if they want to get rid of a character, they have lots of other choices.

Episode 21 is the aftermath of what happens in the plane crash..
Spoiler:
so really to kill off Derek on top of it, yeah.. I can't see her recover from that.

I can totally see Shonda going to a site as Naughty Gossip spilling she's killing off a big character from one of her shows. Plus I doubt the sides will give out a main character is dying, they are confusing and it looks like it's an AU episode or a bunch of flashbacks.

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 03-27-2015 at 12:37 PM
Old 03-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

^ITA. It's flashbacks to the plane crash. I bet anything. PTSD/flashbacks go hand in hand. And they've sure been milking the flashbacks this season.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

And the "big fanbase" rumor was posted on a gossip site. One called "Naughty Gossip" -- do you really believe a word posted on a site called "Naughty Gossip"? I, for one, do not.
Everybody mocks the National Enquirer and TMZ but they have nailed scoops far ahead of supposed "reliable press".

Even a broken clock is right twice each day.

It could all be nothing, but sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.

BTS of Derek will be scouted for sure.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well let's hope those who are really hoping for Derek to die, will be extremely disappointed.

Icon: Nikki
Old 03-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Right. Everyone thought he would die in the plane crash in S8 too, and Patrick wasn't even bound by contract then, so.

Also, if Derek is dying

Spoiler:

Additionally, they didn't even have Derek's and Labrat's kiss in the sides -- do ya really think they'd include a major character's death in the sides?!

Last edited by darkxtwisty; 03-27-2015 at 12:48 PM
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

They had everything but the kiss in the sides, so that is mute too.

I am only speculating like most of the fans of GA based on obviously leaks, sides, and gossip.

As I said, it could all be nothing, but what, ignore everything pointing in that direction completely.

Japril's baby arc was a secret plot but it didn't stop them from posting the blessing side for the minister.

If they need to cast extras to facilitate the role, they are going to include it in the sides, whether it is dealing with a major character or not.

Most viewers don't even look at the sides or even know what they are.

I choose to believe it is a very real possibility and that isn't routing one way or the other, its just an opinion.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Two things bothered me about this episode. The first one was that Meredith was responsible for Alex's patient's death and she did it because she was high strung about Derek. She brought her drama into the OR and it resulted in a patient dying.

Another thing that bothered me was Meredith readily accepting Derek so quickly after she learned the story. I think he should have worked a little harder than that. I loved that scene at the end between them but the ending moments kind of cheapened it. They should have left with him saying he cannot live with her and the camera panning to her face. But I guess that would have left their diehard shippers with ill-ease which they did not want.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Derek dying would be too obvious, and every time there's a rumor someone is going to die on GA the first thought that jumps in everyone's head is Derek because everyone knows how much Patrick loves racing. Again, beyond obvious. Of course it *could* happen, but I highly doubt it especially since Patrick is under contract for another season (he said so himself a couple months ago), and he's not the type to pull a Heigl when he's said himself he would like to act post-Grey's. Heigl breaking her contract made it very difficult for her to weather the acting industry, and I can't see Patrick putting himself in that situation.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Heigl breaking contract is not what made it challenging for her in industry. The challenge was the rumors of her supposed bad attitude that made a lot of producers unwilling to take on the challenge.

Anyways, I doubt Derek is dying. Last episode they went out of their way to try their best to please Meredith and Derek shippers, ending their story on a "good note." I can't see them killing off Derek if they aren't willing to fully go there with the cheating as they did with Calzona or Crowen.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

If Derek were dying, honestly, I think they would have assassinated his character and would have had him sleep with the girl. (For a moment, before the last flashback, I was worried that's where they were headed...) It's the only way fans would come to 'accept' a McDreamy death.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:50 PM
New Fan

I liked the episode. But there's this thing I gotta get off my chest. So, it only took a few episodes for Meredith and Derek to clear all the situation up. What about Calzona? We've been waiting for like, a whole season, and we still don't know how they're gonna end up. Lexie and Mark? things never really got fixed between them until they died. Don't get me wrong, even though I'm not a shipper, I like seeing MerDer together and I want them to stay together. But to me, it feels like Shonda has always an eye on them and never lets them unfinished. They're the only couple Shonda gives us certainties about. It's like she does a weight and two measures.

However, I didn't like Meredith's behaviour with Alex's patient. She was too "busy" thinking about Derek and didn't put her patient first. [Am I the only one whose heart melted because Alex's patient's name was Danny?]

And I'm TOTALLY in love with Amelia. I don't care what she does, she's amazing. She's so beautiful, smart, sexy, badass, caring, funny... I LOVE HER.

Also, I don't think Derek's gonna die. We all know we can expect anything from Shonda but Derek's too important to the show to die. I just hope that nothing will happen to Amelia\Callie\Arizona because they're my favourites. Plus, I remember that a few months ago, Patrick said he was gonna be on the show for one more season and wasn't planning to leave it.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree. It really bothers me that we glossed over Meredith's actions with Alex's patient. She did not give the patient 100% so it's wrong that she took him on. That's someone's loved one that she was responsible for and she botched it. Worse is she tried to blame Alex in the end. Can anyone imagine what would happen if it was APRIL that had botched up in this way? The fandom would never let her live it down.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Well let's hope those who are really hoping for Derek to die, will be extremely disappointed.
I think they will be...

my thought is if a character as iconic as Derek is going to be killed off, they would do it on SF and let people hanging on the uncertaitity or it's killed in mid season finale, not 3 epis before the SF that would actually lead to a very uncliffy ending.

As for the episode, I really liked it even if I have to endure those flashbacks in DC but I guess it was necessary to have his side of the story...I liked how they interwined those flashbacks with Meredith and Derek's flashbacks. Even if it made people think ambiguosly about if Derek told Meredith or not about the kiss, I think the way it was played showed Meredith thinking about it and weighing on it when facing her history with Derek. That's why she was so mad and upset and why in that last scene between Meredith and Derek he was so afraid. He knew he did a stupid mistake that could cost him, as he said, his everything...and that's Meredith (and the life he had built with her). That speech was beautiful (yeah, shipper talking here) and I hope he will do everything in his power to prove to her that she is his everything. I dont think though that things are 100% good bewteen them, if it had been they would have kissed or hugged or something. I just think Meredith weighed on everything and decided to forgive him about this "indiscretion" and gave them the chance to work in their marriage and fix it, but she is not giving in yet....Meredith is good at the tough love thing and Derek knows. Btw I find interesting that for Derek, loving Meredith is inevitable, he cant control it and he cant live without her, as for Meredith is her choice, she can live without him but she is chosing to be with him and to love him. This two really complete each other.

I loved Mer and Alex in this episode. That's the friendship I love.

Owen discovering his mother was dating a younger man was really awkward. And Owen was such a big arse to his mom and the boyfriend...cant say I didnt laughed at some parts but it was mostly awkward...

The girl with the leech on her nose was gross...I didnt really understood the purpose of that SL except to serve as a comedic filler but without really getting to it. Honestly Jo and Stephanie are two characters that could be guest stars again...they dont really bring anything to the show.

Icon by Jaje

Last edited by gladluvgrey; 03-28-2015 at 03:36 PM