Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2015, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

I'm assuming your first language isn't English? She was asking what "treason of fact" meant, since it's not typically used in standard modern English (I had to look it up). It's legal language for "disloyal."
Old 03-16-2015, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

The episode was not interesting at all. It's really because they focus on character's whose storylines are nearing completion, so there is nothing interesting to tell there.

But I guess it depends on perspectives, and which characters you happen to tune in for.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The episode was not interesting at all. It's really because they focus on character's whose storylines are nearing completion, so there is nothing interesting to tell there.
If you're referring to Meredith and Derek, I think that statement is entirely inaccurate, because to me, it seems like their storyline is just beginning. They're being forced to face with the fact what they're doing isn't working, so what happens next would be pivotal for them. It's just the beginning.

And how is Amelia and Owen's story anywhere near completion? That was the other major storyline in 11x15, and looks to me like they're just getting started.

Same with Callie and Maggie.

Lots of storylines just beginning in this episode. You could argue it was a bit fillerish, but there were some pivotal parts, especially at the end.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Forbes Montgomery (View Post)
I don't understand your question. It seems literal for me.
'Treason of fact' is not a common phrase in English, so I asked what you meant. Nicole posted that it means 'disloyal', which makes a lot more sense.

We don't know yet if Derek's been disloyal, but I guess we're gonna find out! I'm confident he didn't cheat, though.

And yep - definitely a lot of arcs began in this epi! The opposite of complete. Interested to see where they take it from here.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode minus the Owen stuff, it was too boring and really unbelievable, for 4 doctors to wait by the phone. Come on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
And yep - definitely a lot of arcs began in this epi! The opposite of complete. Interested to see where they take it from here.
Same I can't wait to see that [even though I am a bit nervous too, you never know with these writers]!! I love the buzz and freak outs this created on twitter/tumblr/facebook even those who stopped watching a while ago care about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

Lots of storylines just beginning in this episode. You could argue it was a bit fillerish, but there were some pivotal parts, especially at the end.
The end was the best part part... and it's definitely the beginning!

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 03-16-2015 at 09:46 AM
Old 03-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
I love the buzz and freak outs this created on twitter/tumblr/facebook even those who stopped watching a while ago care about this
Definitely a lot of chatter ... I guess the ending combined with the promos did the job. They used a lot of flashbacks in the promos, just like they mirrored Addison's dialogue from the season 1 finale in Mer's voice over at the end.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

I was wondering when they were going to make the connections between MD's current storyline and Addison, because this is exactly how Addek started flying south when Derek was absence.

Just fingers crossed that it's to show them having a different outcome. Too many stories on this show go in circles already. One reason MerDer is my main ship is because they're the only couple who really shows any originality in their storylines. The other characters are just knock-offs of other characters with a different twist. MerDer were Shonda's first baby, so she usually gives their storyline extra thought, I think. *knock on wood*
Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

I thought I read somewhere that SHonda said that the first love story of Greys is between Meredith and Cristina. While I know Sandra is gone, I still believe it rings true. I believe the Mer/Cris relationship still remains stronger than Mer/Der because Mer/Chris keep their promises to one another. I don't think other relationships are rip-offs of others. Each relationship has its own merits. Some characters were brought on the show for no other purpose than to be a love interest. The interns all had to be paired off with an attending which was ridiculous and, some happened over time. There are differences in each relationship and i like it that way.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Even though Shonda said that, some of Mer's lines this season have diminished the 'strength' of her relationship with Cristina. Examples being 11x5, when she declared that her one true love couldn't be a woman, and when she told Owen she didn't want Cristina to be right so she'd stopped calling her. This season has really been all about Mer discovering herself on her own, which she'd seemed to grasp at the end of last episode. At the end of the day, she chooses to have Derek in her life.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I thought I read somewhere that SHonda said that the first love story of Greys is between Meredith and Cristina. While I know Sandra is gone, I still believe it rings true.
While Shonda likes to say things like this, because she loves the twisted sisters, her actions speak MUCH louder than her words. She has given M/D a long and full story of their own, which showed Cristina being less and less important. Prime example? With Mer's first pregnancy she told Cristina first. With her second pregnancy, she told Derek first.

Cristina & Meredith's relationship has suffered ups and downs, they're not always stable. Even in the last season for Sandra the character of Cristina had no concept of Meredith's role of motherhood in her life, whereas M/D are parents together.

In the end, a relationship with one's best friend does not compare to one's romantic relationship, they both fulfill different needs in life.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Good points. Season 9 and 10 really did show how Meredith and Derek had grown as a couple. Meredith was depending on her husband more than her best friend.

Of course now she doesn't have either of them, and **** hits the fan. I still think Cristina was always jealous of Meredith's relationship with Derek. Dr. Wyatt pointed that out. Hence the "sun" comment.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
In the end, a relationship with one's best friend does not compare to one's romantic relationship, they both fulfill different needs in life.
This I agree with, a best friend and husband are completely different and fulfill different emotional needs.

However, if Meredith is still so insecure with Derek as to immediately question whether this is just like what happened with Addison she has zero trust in him.

You don't jump to that kind of conclusion if your relationship has the foundation to stand the test.
Obviously, for Meredith, it does not or she would not have jumped to the immediate conclusion that this is a cheating situation instead of a host of other possibilities.

If you have these tendencies to believe the worst, that people don't stay or care enough about you, and you meet the right one who makes you feel safe, secure and loved above all things, you no longer have trust issues with that person.

Seeing a lot of bad things coming Merder's way imo.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I do agree that a romantic relationship and a friendship fulfill different aspects in one's life. But I never see the bond between the twisted sisters being broken even through distance. Where as the distance between Mer/Der has caused even more problem. So much so, that Meredith was too scared to get on a plane because she was afraid it would cause a fight. It would never be like that with Mer/Cris. Shonda loves the twisted sisters because they are based on the relationship between her and her bestfriend.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am sure lots of angst is coming their way.. I can deal with everything except cheating, I still believe he didn't cheat, and we'll continue to believe it until I see otherwise on screen.
Just can one couple on the show NOT cheat? This has been done over and over.. and nothing good can come out of it. They separate, date other people blah blah like Calzona are doing right now. 2 same storylines in a season? MEH.
And I don't see them ever be the same without it being forced.

I didn't see Meredith really worked up over Cristina this season, I don't think they were the same persons and the same friendship like in the older seasons. Last season drift them apart and even more now, that's how I got it this season when Meredith was talking to Owen. I got why Meredith was scared to go visit Derek, since before he left all they did was fight.

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 03-16-2015 at 11:10 AM
Old 03-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

I don't think he cheated but I am not sure how that woman acquired Derek's phone. I don't think he lost his phone of left it anywhere. I do think her had a 'charged" moment although I am not sure if it the same woman on the phone.