Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I didn't get she's the one who chose to leave after fighting with Richard.

Icon: Nikki
Old 11-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Fortunately Mer enjoy her night with Der. It sucks when Maggie behaves that way, I think she will improve.

"We Call It Rock Bottom" — Top 10 Quotes From Grey's Anatomy Season 11, Episode 7 | Grey's Anatomy | Wetpaint

Last edited by Rainha♕Primavera; 11-15-2014 at 02:29 PM
Old 11-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the story about Amelia's addiction. It was interesting that Amelia's story was what triggered Derek to realize his feelings. And Patrick's performance was great! I also liked Richard offering advice and support to Amelia.
Mer was a good sister this episode to both Amelia and Maggie; Mer and Maggie in the bunk bed in the on-call-room was so sisterly.

Loved the lighter moment at Alex's house, similar with the lunch/tunnels/home scenes from the early seasons. The music for that scene was also great! I hope they'll continue doing these scenes, because that is how we see the characters friendship developing.

I'm mostly not interested in Jo or Stephanie, but I love Alex and Jo is his girlfriend, so her scenes stick with me. The writers could have done a better job portraying Jo as a match for Alex personality-wise. But, Alex loves Jo and they will work things out, because Grey's is in season 11 now and they have to start thinking the show will end sooner rather than later and Alex has to find his happy ending.

Quote:
She also may have wanted to tell Alex about her surgery and how it went but obviously his time was again consumed by Meredith and now Arizona is moving in.
Sure, Jo was unhappy about Alex's party with his friends when she would have wanted to talk to him about her surgery and whatever. But they live together and Alex doesn't have parties every week(also it wasn't Alex who threw the party, Mer kind of made it happen); so she could have joined the party and waited for after it finished to talk.
Alex should have consulted her about Arizona moving in, though. And, what else is happening to her: the throwing up and forgetting if she did certain surgery steps seems a little much for normal nervousness.

The show still surprises me: Arizona moving in with Alex - I didn't see that coming !

Quote:
We need a Lexie mention, especially with this whole Maggie storyline. Why hasn't she been mentioned?!
I also don't remember Izzie being mentioned: was she?

Quote:
I feel like April is going to end up in a coma during Sarah's maternity leave.
This an interesting plan. I don't see Jackson sleeping with Stephanie either, he is too good of a person to do it.

Is Bailey's story about her not-so-great health from last episode dropped already?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

I think they did try to show the audience that Jo was a perfect match for him by coming up with a story about her broken childhood. It just did not necessarily pan out, the way they thought it might, when it was presented onscreen.

About her getting upset with Alex inviting people over, it might be because she isn't friends with any of Alex's friends and moreover, those are her bosses. It's weird.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, I suppose that was the idea, but as a viewer invested in Alex's story, I'm not happy.

True, Jo isn't friends with any of them and they are their bosses. But, knowing that they are Alex's friends could she be happy for Alex(because she was clearly unhappy)? As a person who was abandoned and lived in her car, I would think she would value a friendship more: even if it is Alex's friendship, even if his friends have flaws. If we compare this situation with the one in season 10, when she had her friends over to study (and it was for more than one night), we can see the difference in attitude about the other person's friends .
Old 11-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

I get that it's awkward because they're her bosses, just like it was awkward when Derek moved in the frat house with Meredith, Izzie, and Alex in season 5 and wanted her roommates out, though the scenario was a little different. I mean, sure, you didn't see any of the residents specifically becoming BFFs with their attendings in Meredith and Alex's class. No, they just all hooked up with them. Well, Meredith and Cristina were the only ones who did, besides Alex's one time deal with Addison.

Alex doesn't complain when she's hanging out with Stephanie, though. Honestly, I think this is going to spiral into more conflict between them as the season continues. She'll eventually confront him about spending too much time with his friends and he'll say "I don't complain about your friends" and it could get ugly and lead to a break-up (since everyone breaks up at some point on this show), and Jo will be 'homeless'. (There's too much foreshadowing to that outcome -- where will Jo go when she doesn't have Alex? Probably Stephanie's, logically).

I don't think their break-up will be permanent, though, just long enough to put things in perspective. It is a silly fight to have, but I do understand Jo's POV, though I know it's not the first time. This is part of the reason Meredith and Derek broke up in season 4; Meredith chose her friends over him. Alex is Meredith's reflection, after all.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think this is were going with Jolex too.. I can see a break up coming soon, clearly Jo is feeling left out, and Alex choosing others over her. I mean it's Grey's, every couple broke up at least once.

Icon: Nikki
Old 11-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by begonia (View Post)
Yes, I suppose that was the idea, but as a viewer invested in Alex's story, I'm not happy.

True, Jo isn't friends with any of them and they are their bosses. But, knowing that they are Alex's friends could she be happy for Alex(because she was clearly unhappy)? As a person who was abandoned and lived in her car, I would think she would value a friendship more: even if it is Alex's friendship, even if his friends have flaws. If we compare this situation with the one in season 10, when she had her friends over to study (and it was for more than one night), we can see the difference in attitude about the other person's friends .
I really think that there is more going on then just Jo being mad that Alex had friends over. Before Cristina left, Jo and Alex were together all of the time. Sure, maybe they did stuff with friends, but not like this season. Since Cristina left, we have seen a pattern (in the very brief screentime that they have gotten), where Jo seems to come second to every other thing in Alex's life, and that is something new.

As for this episode, Jo had a very eventful and stressful day herself, which was completely ignored by Alex apparently. She is already starting to feel insecure about stuff, and here comes the gang (because since when does Alex hang out with any of them except Mer?): one of whom can't remember her name (Maggie) and the other (Meredith) who treats Jo like a complete nobody in her own home, instead of like the relatively long term girlfriend of one of her supposed best friends. Plus, they are her bosses. And now here comes Arizona to take Cristina's place. And Alex, who should be aware that Jo is feeling a little unsure of everything now, is once agan completely oblivious. I think she has a right to be annoyed, if not upset.

I will be okay if they break up for a bit, but not in this next episode. There really is not story here except a few looks and remarks from Jo. I'm sure they won't get much in the next episode, so I am just hoping that their real story is going to get going in the next batch of episodes, and that this is just laying the ground work.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I think their story will come after the hiatus along with any break up that may happen. I think Japril and MerDer will primarily be this fall's cliffhangers, and maybe something with Arizona and Dr. Herman. But I think April IS Arizona/Dr. Herman's patient now, so their cliffhanger is probably part of Japril's.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm finally all caught up!

I liked this episode, especially Amelia and Derek's SL. I don't see how what Derek did was so bad though, he was silent for one moment and then he came through at the end.

I'm feeling for Arizona this season? That's a first so I guess they're doing a good job there.

I too wished they'd mention Lexie one in a while now that Maggie's here. It is a bit weird how Meredith suddenly likes Maggie so much now

I wish there was more Alex since he hasn't really had much to do this season.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Comments about the episode 11x07

Grey's Anatomy Round Table: All About Amelia - TV Fanatic
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
As for this episode, Jo had a very eventful and stressful day herself, which was completely ignored by Alex apparently. She is already starting to feel insecure about stuff, and here comes the gang (because since when does Alex hang out with any of them except Mer?): one of whom can't remember her name (Maggie) and the other (Meredith) who treats Jo like a complete nobody in her own home, instead of like the relatively long term girlfriend of one of her supposed best friends.
Jo is not perfect herself in relation to Maggie: she was the one who told Maggie, her new boss, who was working there for only a few weeks about Alex's board seat and didn't even mentioned it was confidential and as a result Alex got fired from the Private Practice. And it isn't important in my opinion if they were his best friends or not: he was having a good time socializing with some people.
I still think Jo exaggerated (before Arizona moving in part). If she had a stressful day, she should just have talked to Alex first (privately in another room, or wait till the party was over, or...), before being annoyed. I'm sure Alex would have comforted her (like last ep). Anyway, as mentioned is just a few looks now, not a big deal.

Quote:
I'm feeling for Arizona this season?
I also find Arizona/Herman SL interesting and I'm curios how it will play out because Arizona is not in the greatest position now: at some point the hospital will find out she knew about Herman's tumor and it will look bad on her, especially since she is a board member. Things could come out ok for Arizona if Derek will be able to take Herman's tumor out and save her.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

This was a great episode...

Jo is annoying as frick.

Derek is really annoying me. I guess they were purposely making him unlikable so when they kill him people won't be as upset.... His flashbacks made him more sympathetic to me but still..

I felt bad for Arizona. Its taken years but I am finally warming up to her character.

I liked the focus on Amelia. She’s a good actress and I liked the Owen/Amela interaction too. and the Derek/Amelia stuff was interesting.

the Maggie/Meredith stuff was great, they have a nice chemistry. And the ending group scenes were great too.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-01-2016 at 08:38 AM
Old 01-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Derek was sadly really given the short end of stake as a character.