Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-30-2016, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

A lot of people are speculating that Justin Chamber's is preparing to exit the show. However, if he does Shonda and Co should know the show is just about over at that point and end Grey's Anatomy.

The thing is, if Deluca and Jo get together now, it won't make sense with the fact that Jo has not been honest with Alex, and when he finds out why Jo cannot marry him, it may draw them together again. However, they may get together soon if it is meant to be a hook up and not a long lasting relationship.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Do you think a lot of viewers will left with Alex? I don't think so. Show survived without Cristina and Derek which were bigger ratings draw.
Grey's Anatomy is pretty much a mindless procedural nowadays. Like a CBS show. It will survive without him.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

I agree. There are other characters and everybody is replacable. We saw that in the past. Lexie and Mark or Callie were a big part of the show too, but it goes on without them. And after a few episodes nobody mentioned them. It's sad but that's tv reality.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
I agree. There are other characters and everybody is replacable. We saw that in the past. Lexie and Mark or Callie were a big part of the show too, but it goes on without them. And after a few episodes nobody mentioned them. It's sad but that's tv reality.
Well, only Mark/Lexie shippers cared for them and Callie was a secondary character, but yeah.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Do you think a lot of viewers will left with Alex? I don't think so. Show survived without Cristina and Derek which were bigger ratings draw.
Grey's Anatomy is pretty much a mindless procedural nowadays. Like a CBS show. It will survive without him.
Yes because without any originals left, people will tune out, believing the show has nothing left to offer. This season is so slow because they spend so much time focusing on the originals. They focus on the originals because they lost so many important characters that they are afraid viewers will tune out.

Only there is not enough originals left, which makes the season incredibly slow. It would be worse if Alex was absent and they really had no one for Meredith to interact with.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Yes because without any originals left, people will tune out, believing the show has nothing left to offer. This season is so slow because they spend so much time focusing on the originals. They focus on the originals because they lost so many important characters that they are afraid viewers will tune out.

Only there is not enough originals left, which makes the season incredibly slow. It would be worse if Alex was absent and they really had no one for Meredith to interact with.
It's interesting. People are only watching for originals, but they are boring? Kinda true.
Don't worry, they would've made Owen Meredith bestie.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think that JC is leaving the show. I think that if Jo and DeLuca hook up, even briefly, then Jolex is done for good. If they go there then the writers are going a different way and are paving the way for Mer and Alex (which I really hope is not the case.)

If Jo and DeLuca were going to hook up or be endgame, then I'm not sure what the point of the secret husband is. They could have just had Alex simply walk in on drunk Jo and beat DeLuca without all of the other drama. The point of Jo already being married is to give a reason why Jolex can't get married and to give them more drama and angst. To throw a hookup on top of all of that is just overkill, IMO. Which doesn't mean that they won't do it, I just don't see the point.

My guess is that Jo is going to rely on DeLuca as a friend and then feel really torn when she has to testify because she wants him to get justice but doesn't necessarily want Alex to go to jail. DeLuca and his lawyers are going to try to paint Alex as some kind of violent psychopath and imply that he would hurt Jo. At least that is my theory now.

Part of the reason the show seems so slow is that they ramp up the drama and then it never goes anywhere. The whole Big Secret stuff is put in for ZOMG!!! reaction and then never heard about again. We get the whole "Is DeLuca's career over?!?!?!? Is he blind in one eye!!?!?" And then two episodes later, yeah he's just fine and and scrubbing in on surgeries. Their pacing is terrible and I think that a lot has to do with the early hiatus, that messes up the timeline for so many stories because the need the stupid cliffhangers (that then go nowhere).
Old 10-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if part of that is because Sara Ramirez left unexpectedly and they felt people would leave the show if they did not switch gears and focus on the originals. The problem is none of them have compelling drama right now so they slowed down everything to give them their minutes.

Honestly we are near the hiatus and Maggie still has no idea about Meredith and Nathan. That is what I call bad pacing. I have a feeling everything will come out in the mid season finale so that they can pick up the pace in the second half, which makes for a very slow season.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

It's an interesting theory about them bringing SL about her abusive husband for a reason. But keep in mind that they didn't plan to go "he beat him to near death" originally. Whole first episode was filmed after s12 finale. Usually premieres that show us the aftermath are filmed along finale because it's cheaper. But they didn't. They had to redo/revisit decorations/place where Amy got married.
IDK.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)

Honestly we are near the hiatus and Maggie still has no idea about Meredith and Nathan. That is what I call bad pacing. I have a feeling everything will come out in the mid season finale so that they can pick up the pace in the second half, which makes for a very slow season.
Maggie is probably in 13x09 experience with Meredith and Nathan and then it goes into the winter break. I think after 13x08, Meredith will take a step towards Nathan and get into him, and in 13x09 Maggie will probably catch Meredith and Nathan.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did not like what DeLuca said to Jo in this episode. It was a bit "Nice Guy™" blaming her for choosing the "bad guy" even when they only exchanged 2 words because of work! I hope they don't ruin this relationship by DeLuca guilting Jo. She has had enough abuse in her life.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

DeLuca should have something to hold back, and not pushing Jo too much with Alex, it does not come well with her, I think.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I did not like what DeLuca said to Jo in this episode. It was a bit "Nice Guy™" blaming her for choosing the "bad guy" even when they only exchanged 2 words because of work! I hope they don't ruin this relationship by DeLuca guilting Jo. She has had enough abuse in her life.
Yeah, I didn't really like that either. DeLuca has every right to think the worst of Alex and I don't blame him. But he is not Jo's keeper and doesn't have the right to get pissy with her if she talks to Alex...for any reason. And I didn't think that Jo needed to justify why she was talking with Alex to him either. This is why Bailey said that they shouldn't talk about things at work. DeLuca could think that she was giving Alex "information" and vice versa. Jo is going to be in tough spot if she is called to testify. I know that Alex is completely in the wrong, but I won't find it completely believable if she throws Alex under the bus with no problem as if he is a serial killer.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Well she chose Alex and he is a bad boy, lol. She knew he is a little bit *****ty from the start.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Well she chose Alex and he is a bad boy, lol. She knew he is a little bit *****ty from the start.
Sure, and she has an element of that as well. I just don't think that its DeLuca's place to give her the silent treatment about it.