Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
No one on this show can communicate with each other, I guess that makes for good Drama I just hope it doesn't last to long.
it's actually kind of ridiculous the lack of communication going on with this show. I will be surprised if that's not the reason that they have trouble. They are too afraid to say what they really want for fear of what they think the other wants. It's a decent story.. I just hope they don't bring in another significant character to cause tension.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Welcome Nina! Added you.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sorry I haven't been around. Somehow those last two weeks weren't so good on the RL front.

Anyway, everyone seems to think that April needs to have sex with somebody else before they really get together and I find myself not really agreeing. I mean, let me put it like this, if she was much younger without any experience, I'd most likely say – woah, hold on a minute, you haven't seen what's out there. But being thirty, even if you haven't really dated (much), you have still observed what surrounds you, what kind of people are there, what you might prefer when it comes to finding people you want to be with/surround yourself with and you have seen and heard how other people's relationships went. Bascially you have thought things through (and April is overanalysing a lot to begin with). I am not convinced that you need to have sex with a bunch people before you can decide on being in a serious relationship. I do agree though that she needs to take a breather and remember all the things she got to love about him to be completely sure. Just my 2¢ obviously.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't speak for everyone else, but I never thought she needs to have sex with someone else to figure out what she wants. She could date another guy without having sex with him, maybe realize there's no spark with him unlike with Jackson. Plus I can't see April putting out easily for a guy she hardly knows. And Jackson wasn't some random guy she started having sex with. She's known him for years, so they've built some trust there.

But more importantly, I just want them to have a serious talk about everything. I hate how everyone on Grey's can't be straightforward with each other. They're all grown adults, but sometimes still act like high school kids.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I didn't "blame" anyone really and I don't know if I read it here or on LJ or on tumblr, I just heard a lot of people say that, so I felt like just saying how I felt about it. I know a lot of people seem to like this kind of stuff but I personally really dislike love triangles. It's the back-and-forth that annoys me and the fact that someone ends up being sad and having lost makes mefeel sad too even if "my" preferred couple comes out on top (which it hardly ever does judging from all the fandoms I went through).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePenguin (View Post)
But more importantly, I just want them to have a serious talk about everything. I hate how everyone on Grey's can't be straightforward with each other. They're all grown adults, but sometimes still act like high school kids.
I totally agree with you there in general. The thing is (a) in general from a writer's perspective it's probably set up this way as they want to make a point of how dysfunctional everyone is plus it makes – in a lot of people's eyes – for a more amusing script when things build up to a degree where things explodes... not for me really but, it seems to be a general consensus on these kinds of shows or so it feels to me and (b) I think though that at least Jackson tries to discuss things but it could be his attempts are not that pushy because he is afraid she'll back away if she really has to talk. But I'd say A for effort for his "not ready to be anybody's husband/wife" speech and his hilarious passive-aggressiveness "never happened".

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 11-06-2012 at 12:22 PM
Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sorry I haven't been around. Somehow those last two weeks weren't so good on the RL front.

Anyway, everyone seems to think that April needs to have sex with somebody else before they really get together and I find myself not really agreeing. I mean, let me put it like this, if she was much younger without any experience, I'd most likely say – woah, hold on a minute, you haven't seen what's out there. But being thirty, even if you haven't really dated (much), you have still observed what surrounds you, what kind of people are there, what you might prefer when it comes to finding people you want to be with/surround yourself with and you have seen and heard how other people's relationships went. Bascially you have thought things through (and April is overanalysing a lot to begin with). I am not convinced that you need to have sex with a bunch people before you can decide on being in a serious relationship. I do agree though that she needs to take a breather and remember all the things she got to love about him to be completely sure. Just my 2¢ obviously.
exactly how i feel if she sleeps with someone else it will not only ruin everything special about japril but it will actually ruin her character but i dont think she will though i think that she will just date some guy what iam afraid of is that jackson will find someone maybe even a girlfriend right at the moment when april finds her way to him cause GOD knows that thats shonda s style
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well, I didn't "blame" anyone really and I don't know if I read it here or on LJ or on tumblr, I just heard a lot of people say that, so I felt like just saying how I felt about it. I know a lot of people seem to like this kind of stuff but I personally really dislike love triangles. It's the back-and-forth that annoys me and the fact that someone ends up being sad and having lost makes mefeel sad too even if "my" preferred couple comes out on top (which it hardly ever does judging from all the fandoms I went through).
Didn't mean to make it sound like you were blaming anyone. I do agree with your opinion. I also completely agree with you about love triangles. It seems every character on the show has been through some sort of triangle except April (and no, Jesus doesn't count despite the jokes I've seen elsewhere).
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I couldn't agree more, Why is it that everyone on this show (The women mostly) Feel the need to go out and explore other Relationships. If April likes Jackson (Which she does) deal with that, I don't see the need and I don't want to see April going out with anyone, especially since she's still confused with her feelings regarding Jackson.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I mean she went out, right – she tried with Alex (okay, not really dating but you know) and she tried with Dr. Stark (and come on, he was insufferable but he liked her) and both times she realised that this isn't working. It is often claimed that she broke off the latter soley because the others made fun of her but I think that only added to her not feeling it. Idk, just how I felt.

Quote:
I think that she will just date some guy what iam afraid of is that jackson will find someone maybe even a girlfriend right at the moment when april finds her way to him cause GOD knows that thats shonda s style
Sadly I totally agree with you and that's what I'm anticipating too which annoys me and particularly bores me because we have seen this so many times before with other people, why repeat this pattern time and again, I don't know. As for Jackson finding anyone – I don't want anyone to take offence, I think everyone can totally ship whatever they want and how many things they want – but I was really really meh about Jackson and Lexie dating. Even then I thought he was overlooking (a) April and (b) the fact that Lexie only wanted to be over Sloan... plus I never really felt the chemistry and that's something to say because I never hated Lexie quite the opposite in fact.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Sadly I totally agree with you and that's what I'm anticipating too which annoys me and particularly bores me because we have seen this so many times before with other people, why repeat this pattern time and again, I don't know.
Yes, I agree.
This is so unnecessary, but Shonda just likes messing with ships. So I'm already getting prepared...
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Passionate Fan

My worst case scenario is April wanting to be just friends and Jackson turning into the next Sloan. Alex is already the manwhore of the group. We don't need another one.

Quote:
As for Jackson finding anyone – I don't want anyone to take offence, I think everyone can totally ship whatever they want and how many things they want – but I was really really meh about Jackson and Lexie dating. Even then I thought he was overlooking (a) April and (b) the fact that Lexie only wanted to be over Sloan... plus I never really felt the chemistry and that's something to say because I never hated Lexie quite the opposite in fact.
No, I wasn't feeling that pairing either. Mainly because I always thought Sloan and Lexie belonged together. I actually wasn't much of a Jackson fan when they were together.

I root for April to be happy more than the ship itself. I just want her to be with someone who can make her happy and at this point, I hope it's Jackson.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know... I don't think that April would have sex with Jackson if she didn't feel anything beyond friendship even if she can't really define it yet. And as you said Alex is the cynical promiscuous one already, they don't need another one. Plus let's remember, when April was gone and when she was back and in denial, Jackson was annoyed and angry but he didn't go looking for anyone else. So that's what I build my hope on. I am more anticipating the "April has to go out and sleep with a few other guys before she can make an informed decision" and as stated above "Jackson has found someone serious by the time she made her decision in his favour" scenario.

I think ... something that was overlooked most of the time on this show or on TV in general is that actually the most successful relationships are built on friendship. So I always thought that people jump into their relationships from the wrong side: First the sex, then all the complications, then sex again and maybe then if they are committed, getting to know each other.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Didn't SR already say Jackson is going to be the next Manwhore?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Oh she did? I never follow these things. Yeah that is depressing then.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

She said that once Eric decided to leave, now whether it changed or not is yet to be seen.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Alex does a lot of whoring around lately...