Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

One Chicago Spoilers #7: There's so much coming up!

One Chicago Spoilers
Chicago Fire
8x20 - 51's Original Bell - April 15th 2020

When one of 51's own gets injured on a call, Lt. Severide becomes obsessed with helping out. Foster contemplates a big decision. Kidd is concerned for one of her high school trainees.

Promo Photos
Chicago PD
7x20 - Silence of the Night - April 15th 2020

Atwater goes undercover to take down a gun-trafficking ring, but discovers an officer from his past is undercover in the same organization.

Promo Photos | Sneak Peek #1 | Sneak Peek #2
Chicago Med
5x20 - A Needle in the Heart - April 15th 2020

Dr. Crockett is visited by two New Orleans detectives who have questions about his past. Dr. Choi puts his life in danger to save a child. Dr. Charles gives fatherly advice to his young daughter.

Promo Photos

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 04-10-2020 at 06:48 PM
Old 11-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chicago P.D.'s Jesse Lee Soffer Teases Big Cliffhanger, 'Upstead' Slow Burn

On this Wednesday’s Chicago P.D. fall finale (NBC, 10/9c), “Halstead’s secret ongoing relationship with a woman connected to another case puts him in jeopardy.” Wait, what?! If that unexpected official synopsis gave you pause, star Jesse Lee Soffer is here to clear things up.

“There’s nothing going on, intimately,” between the detective and the mystery woman, the actor tells TVLine. The storyline actually ties into “the Marcus West episode, where Halstead sends the guy to county because of the two murdered children. It’s someone having to do with that story, and the fallout of that, and how Halstead blames himself.”

As for the jeopardy part, Soffer confirms that there is a “life-and-death cliffhanger” which will have viewers on the edge of their seats.

Below, Soffer also talks about Halstead and Upton’s slowly evolving relationship, and whether Halstead is hesitant to start another workplace romance after what happened with his ex-girlfriend Lindsay.

TVLINE | Is he reaching out to this woman to kind of make good?
Sort of. Yes, I think so, and just because it matters to him. He’s all heart, and so he’s going to do everything he can to make things right for everybody. He puts it all out there. And this one is one that maybe he should stay away from because it’s dangerous for other people, for the unit included, because it was so wrong what happened to the Marcus West character and how Crawford had us use the facial recognition software, and he was wrongfully accused and then he ended up dead. So it’s a pretty dark story, and it has to go somewhere. We can’t just leave that out there the way it is, especially when Halstead is such an emotional [guy and has] such a heart. So it’s going to get scary. It’s going to get a little hairy.

TVLINE | This season, there have been a lot of episodes where the cases have really tested Halstead in terms of him being an upstanding guy and wanting to do what’s right.
Yeah, I think Halstead, more than any other character, definitely has the moral, ethical storyline of, “Are we going too far? Are we in the right? Are we in the wrong? What part of the gray is acceptable to get the job done?” And they definitely play with that with Halstead. Voight’s usually in the dark, and other characters, too. I think Ruzek, he’ll follow Voight and do something unsavory if he feels it’s right. But that’s really what it’s all about. It’s what you feel is right to get the job done. Robin Hood robbed the rich to give to the poor. Is that a crime? Sure. Was it wrong? No, in that story. I think that playing with that is one of the things that makes the season fun for the fans.

TVLINE | This season has also given us these little subtle moments between Hailey and Jay. How do you feel about how that relationship is evolving? Do you like that speed that they’re taking?
Absolutely. I think if it were ever to go somewhere, it should be the slowest burn there ever was. I think that the two characters care about each other so much, work well with each other. They both know that there’s a deeper… I think if you ask both of them, they’d go, “Yeah, I love the other one.” What kind of love that is, I think they don’t know and maybe haven’t really thought about it or wanted to explore it. But that exists. I think the way they’re teasing stuff in these little moments, where they don’t know and maybe it’s flirtatious, maybe it’s not, I think it’s great.

TVLINE | On more than one occasion, he’s said that he’d follow her wherever she went.
Yeah, they’re definitely putting it in there. So we’ll see what they do with it. Who knows, maybe by the end of the season, we’ll have more information, but I know as much as you do.

TVLINE | Do you think that he has some concerns or hesitations about dating another partner because of what happened with Lindsay?
That’s such a good question, because all of our writers, with the exception of a couple, are new writers. I don’t think that that would be part of the thought process. They’re writing what they see in front of them and what they’re getting from the dynamics of what they see when we’re doing scenes, day in and day out. But I don’t know that that would be part of their thought process as far as keeping track of the beginning of the show and where things were with previous relationships from years and years and years ago. For me, it’s something that I would keep track of as an actor for Halstead. For them, I don’t know. But yes, maybe I would sprinkle that in, or if scenes came up, I would suggest like, “Hey, there should be a conversation about how it wouldn’t be the first time,” and stuff like that. But it’s definitely a slow burn, so I don’t think we have to worry about it right now.
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

the videos!

Loved the interview!

TFTNT!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 11-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gabby/Stella

Quote:
'Chicago Fire' Sneak Peek: Monica Raymund Returns for Fall Finale -- Watch Dawson Surprise Casey!

Gabby Dawson is back!

Former Chicago Fire star Monica Raymund, whose last appearance was in the season seven premiere, returns to the Windy City in Wednesday's fall finale, and the reunion between exes Dawson and Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) is fraught with tension. ET premieres a sneak peek at Raymund's first scene from the episode, titled "Best Friend Magic," where Dawson -- in town for a fancy charity gala -- surprises a stunned Casey outside the firehouse as she marvels over the statue commemorating Otis' death.

"It's beautiful," Dawson tells Casey, who is still speechless at his ex-wife's unexpected presence, in ET's first look from the episode.

"Boden called it sacred ground," Casey says, their attempt at small talk not exactly cutting it for the lieutenant. After all, there's some unfinished business the divorced couple has to tend to.

When Casey asks when she got into town, Dawson reveals that she arrived an hour ago and that the firehouse was her first stop -- possibly to see a certain someone whose initials start with M and end with C.

"I wanted to see...," Dawson begins to say, but she's cut off by a call for an emergency fire rescue. Of course.

As Casey runs back to the firehouse to suit up, his excitement is notable as he tells her not to go anywhere. "Brett's here," Casey exclaims, bringing up Dawson's former partner and his current maybe love interest. "Everyone's gonna wanna see ya!"

Back during the OneChicago press day in October, Spencer subtly dropped hints that Raymund's return was coming. Her character left the Chicago Fire Department for a permanent volunteer position in Puerto Rico, effectively ending her marriage to Casey.

"She ran down to Puerto Rico and I mean, how long is she really gonna be down there?" he coyly teased to ET Live's Cassie DiLaura, hinting that things may be complicated by the whole Brett factor. "Then it's going to be awkward!"

ET recently spoke with Chicago Fire showrunner Derek Haas about bringing Dawson back for one more -- and hopefully not last -- time.

"We were planning it from the very beginning of the season. When I had written the scene at the end of the premiere episode this season, where Boden is dedicating this memorial to Otis and he says, 'If you see somebody standing down here at this memorial, I want you to walk down this apron and bring the memorial to life.' And just the image of Gabby from behind and Casey walking out on the apparatus floor and seeing her there, that's where it started," Haas told ET. "It was pitched right from the beginning and pitched to [executive producer] Dick [Wolf] and he liked the idea. So then I had to text Monica and beg her to come back again. She was like, 'You're nothing if not persistent.' I said, 'Yes, that's true. I am. So come do it.' We were thrilled that she did it."

"For me creatively, it's inspiring to get to write for Monica because you know she's going to make anything that you write for her better than what you had in your head. She's just been like that the six years that I got to work with her," he continued. "You sit down to your computer and you know you're going to get to write Dawson coming back. It was awesome. Then, of course, she was delightful as always on set. It's just so fun writing for her. I mean, writing for her is a blast."
X

Quote:
Chicago P.D.'s Jesse Lee Soffer Teases Halstead's 'Possible Murder' in Bloody Finale

Chicago P.D.'s midseason finale will see Jay Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer) trying to make amends for a facial recognition case gone wrong, setting the stage for a bloody episode that might end with Intelligence losing one of its own. Earlier this season, Intelligence used artificial intelligence to identify suspect Marcus West as the man behind the murder of two young boys, only for Halstead to learn later that he got the wrong guy. But before he could release the innocent man, West was murdered in jail.

The episode, airing Wednesday, Nov. 20, finds Jay reaching out to someone connected to West in an effort to make amends, but according to Soffer, it all goes horribly wrong for the embattled detective.

Marcus West that he shouldn't be talking to at all. It's really coming out of care and trying to do the right thing, but it's ill-advised," Soffer told TV Guide. "And she's involved with some shady characters, and Jay ends up getting kidnapped and possibly murdered. There's a lot of blood."

Soffer added that fans should definitely be worried about Halstead "because even if he does survive, which we don't know if he's going to, it's gonna change him."

Whether Halstead makes it out alive or not remains to be seen. However, Soffer also confirmed that this case will force Upton (Tracy Spiridakos) to start sorting her feelings out for Halstead.

"It's definitely gonna be a little bit of a wakeup call for Hailey. I think she's gonna go, 'Oh my gosh, I really care about this person,'" Soffer previously told TV Guide at a recent NBC press event.
X

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

Love the sneak peeks!

IKR?! and an Antonio mention by Matt

poor Jay

Old 11-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chicago Fire's Miranda Rae Mayo Teases 'Beautiful Moments' for 'Stellaride,' Praises 'Dawsey' Reunion

Chicago Fire‘s Stella Kidd is about to pay the price for taking on one too many gigs.

On top of being a firefighter, Stella is leading an academy class and is a manager at Molly’s bar. “She also is in this beautiful relationship with Severide that she wants to nurture,” her portrayer Miranda Rae Mayo tells TVLine ahead of Wednesday’s fall finale (NBC, 9/8c). And rather than requesting a day off, because that would be “showing weakness and discrediting Boden’s belief in her,” Stella continues to grind through her hectic schedule — to her own detriment.

“She is like a mule. She’s stubborn, and she’s going pull that cart until her heart gives out,” the actress adds.

Below, Mayo previews how Severide is there to care for his girlfriend and reveals whether Stella will get caught in the middle of the Dawson/Casey/Brett love triangle.

TVLINE | Does the fact that she is taking on all this responsibility, almost too much responsibility, put her position at the firehouse in jeopardy?
At the end of the fall finale, I think she might be afraid that’s what she’s done.

TVLINE | Severide has been so incredibly supportive of everything she’s been doing this season.
Right?! It’s like we want to check the back of his head like, “Are you a bot? Where is the plugin? You’re perfect.” He says all the perfect things.

TVLINE | He keeps dropping these lines. I’m like, “Was he watching romantic dramedies over the summer?”
I know! I mean, she even says it. She’s like, “When did you get so good at knowing what to say?!” Oh, my god, he’s just been so beautiful, so supportive, and I think it’s so fun for all of us who love the show and have been watching it since the beginning to see this side of him. I think that Severide has been really scared to be this vulnerable with anybody, and I think it’s perfect that it’s Stella. They both have proven to one another that they’re there for each other, whether it’s in a romantic relationship or not. They just love each other. And they’ve also proven — at least she has — that like, “Hey, if it’s not working out, I’m not afraid to walk away. I will take responsibility for my own happiness and my own health.” So there’s a freedom that comes with that. I think that’s what enabled him, at the end of last season, to say, “You deserve a better man, and I want to be that man,” because she didn’t guilt him into it. It just was like, “This isn’t working. I love you, but I can’t be with you anymore.” The way that he’s behaving, it’s really fun to watch, because it’s from a place of enthusiasm. It’s from a place of authenticity. It’s not from this place of, “Well, this is how I have to act now.”

TVLINE | Are there any big moments for them in the fall finale?
You just see him care for her in a way that we haven’t seen before. A lot of times, she’s been there for him, catch[ing] him when he kind of spirals and falls. But we actually get to see Stella spiral, and we get to see him stand strong and be there, and it’s so beautiful. I’m so excited for fans to see the [episode]. There are just so many beautiful moments between her and him. There’s one in particular that I’m very excited about.

TVLINE | The fact that they’re at two different jobs, and he’s gone off to work at the Office of Fire Investigation, it’s not causing any sort of strain on their relationship, it sounds like.
No. At this point, she’s just wrapped up in everything that she has going on that she doesn’t have a lot of space within her consciousness to be worried or stressed about what he’s doing. And there’s this trust that has been established, and it feels sturdy. She just misses him. It’s more of a juvenile pout. She’s just like, “I want my boyfriend back.” But there’s nothing serious about it. And she understands; she’s supportive. She knows that he is such an excellent firefighter and member of the CFD, especially with OFI. They worked together on solving that case with the arsonist that had spanned over something like 10 years that his dad was trying to solve, and then [Severide] finally did [solve]. She sees how talented, how dedicated, how brilliant he is. She’s always just wanted the best for him, for him to thrive.

TVLINE | We’re welcoming back Gabby in the fall finale. What is it like to have Dawson back in the firehouse?
Oh, my God. The energy was just electric, having her back on set. It was really, really wonderful having her back.

TVLINE | How does the firehouse react to seeing her again?
I think Brett feels a little conflicted, and so does Casey, not only because of their dynamic, but just because of the way she left things. It was very abrupt and jarring. There is this managing of emotions that’s taking place within both Brett and Casey. So it’s like, “I’m excited, but ugh, I don’t want to get too excited, because you’ll probably just leave again.” Like abandonment issues. But everybody, more than anything, is just so happy to see her. It’s Dawson!

TVLINE | Stella has been pretty supportive of the idea of Brett exploring her feelings for Casey. So when Dawson comes back into the picture, does Stella get involved? Does it complicate things for her at all in terms of her friendships with Brett and Dawson?
No. She totally clocks it. But one of things that I really love about Stella is that, in her mind, the ideas are not mutually exclusive, where she’s like, “Yeah, I think that you can explore having a situation go down with Casey, Brett,” and also, “Yeah, Dawson, I’m really excited to see you.” I don’t know if they’ll show that in the edit, but when we filmed it, it was very clear that Brett was feeling conflicted, and Stella sees that, and it’s kind of like, “Aww, damn, that sucks.”

TVLINE | [Showrunner] Derek [Haas] has been teasing tears on Twitter. What do you think is going to make people emotional?
Oh, so many things!

TVLINE | Are those happy tears or sad tears?
A mix of both. Nothing as tragic as the way that we started the season. The writers can be cold, but they’re not cruel. [Laughs] They’re loving tears, tears of empathy, of really empathizing with the loss of Otis. That comes back around in a really beautiful way with some characters that you maybe didn’t expect, and you haven’t heard them be this vulnerable about the loss of Otis. And then also just seeing Casey and Dawson together again brings up a whole well of feelings and emotions. Those two actors, Jesse [Spencer] and Monica [Raymund], are phenomenal. They’re so brilliant. The chemistry between them, it’s a pleasure to get to watch what happens between them. It’s very real, it’s very grounded. Be hard not to cry or feel something when those two are on screen together.

TVLINE | And what kind of a note does the episode end on?
Like that deep sigh after a really good cry.
X

X

Quote:
'Chicago P.D.' Boss Says 'Intense' Fall Finale Tests 'Upstead' Future and 'Burzek' Baby Surprise (Exclusive)

Jay Halstead is in trouble.

Chicago P.D. is gearing up for its fall finale on Wednesday, titled "Absolution," which finds Jay missing after he gets abducted and faces life-and-death stakes. Scrambling to save one of their own, Intelligence races to rescue Jay from dire straits but the task proves more difficult than they could ever imagine. (Of course.) Will they save him in time?

"Halstead's attempt to make a past wrong, right, puts him in harm's way," Chicago P.D. showrunner Rick Eid tells ET. That past wrong Eid is referring to is the Marcus West case from the Oct. 30 episode, "False Positive," in which Jay caught the wrong suspect he believed killed two young boys. "Jay was very aggressive in his policing trying to get a confession and it turns out the facial recognition software was wrong, and they had the wrong guy, and the man ended up getting killed, and in prison. That bothered him. That lingered with him."

"In an attempt to try to make sense of all that and purge himself of all his guilt, he does certain things that ultimately put him in harm's way," he previews. Ahead of the fall finale, ET spoke with Eid about Jay looking down the barrel of death, how Upton handles the news and Burgess' surprising pregnancy.

ET: The official synopsis for this episode hints at a "secret ongoing relationship" Jay has with a woman from the Marcus West case. What can you divulge?

Rick Eid:
It's surprising, unexpected and I'll leave it at that. I don't want to give away too much, but it's consistent with Halstead.

How worried should we be about how Jay comes out of this?

You should be worried. He's in a bad position. He's in a bad place, and yeah, he should be worried.

There's been a slow burn between Jay and Upton. How does Upton handle him being in such a dangerous spot?

You'll see her react in a way that's representative of her feelings. Everybody wants to find Jay, and help Jay. She's just approaching it in a slightly different way, and you'll see a slightly different attitude, and I think it speaks to how strongly she feels for him.

It's been refreshing to see their relationship grow gradually as it slowly evolves, and they're in no rush to put a label on their connection. What has been your approach to this particular partnership?

Yeah. We talked about this going back all the way to last year, when she and Ruzek started hooking up. We would say that she and Ruzek are hooking up, but she and Halstead are in love. So even while she and Ruzek were, I guess, romantically involved, we still wrote Halstead and Upton like they were in love. So you're right. It's a slow burn, I guess is the answer. It's been lingering and burning now for awhile. It's fun to write.

Is there an end goal in mind that you have for them by the end of this season? Do you want them to reach a point where they're comfortable testing the romantic waters in a more official capacity?

Yeah, I think we're still thinking about it. You watch each episode and see how it looks, and what feels right and honest to these characters. So to answer the question, we don't have, like, a specific [destination]... "Episode 22, this is what's going to happen." We have a bunch of ideas what might happen, or what might not happen, but we always remain open to changing our minds.

How does this ordeal with Jay affect the P.D. team?

There aren't major changes. One of their own is taken and some bad things happen. [But] it will change things moving forward in very meaningful ways. It reminds them that their actions have consequences. I think there's a line, I don't know if it's in this episode or the next episode, but there's a line that, "The No. 1 killer of cops is guilt," you know? And I think it reminds them that it's not always easy to be a cop and that sometimes you can't act on your guilt. You have to just let it linger. I think that's the overarching sentiment.

In the last episode, the show dropped a surprise pregnancy for Burgess, who is expecting Ruzek's baby. When did you get the idea that this would be an interesting story to explore for these characters?

We were talking in the summer... We were talking about her character and what the natural next step for her character was. And then we started talking about how hard it is for female cops to have kids, to be pregnant, what the sacrifices they have to make. And then we started talking about being a single mother -- if that's something that would be interesting for a character. It's particularly hard when you're a cop, and especially a member of the Intelligence division. When your life is in danger, you're undercover, is it selfish to do that when you have a kid? Or do you have to take desk duty? Like, what does it all that mean? We started riffing on different ideas and ultimately, we decided she'd be pregnant, and that Ruzek was the father.

You touched on it a little bit already, but the question of balancing career with motherhood is something that working women deal with in real life. Are you fully diving into the complexities of that for Burgess and Ruzek?

I think so. I mean, we're still talking about a million different versions of this, but I think there's something very interesting about being the type of cop that Burgess and Ruzek are, and having a kid at that. And especially interesting from the female perspective 'cause I think there are certain expectations, maybe steeped in the past, that affect women more than men -- being a modern woman and being untethered to the past and how things used to be. What is it like now when you're a modern woman and you have a kid and you love your job, how do you square all of that up? When bullets are coming in your direction, it's a little different than if you're an investment banker or a pediatrician or a nurse or a teacher, you know what I mean? It forces you to organize your priorities in a way that a lot of people might not have to.

Ruzek was incredibly supportive and going with whatever Burgess decided to do -- if she wanted to keep the baby or not. She ended up deciding to cancel the appointment. What are Ruzek's true feelings about becoming a father?

Well, she just decided to cancel an appointment. Baby steps, baby steps.

Does that mean she's keeping the baby or is it more complicated than that?

I think it's more complicated. We dig in pretty thoroughly into all of this and Ruzek's feelings. This was just the first episode where they find out and I think they're both shell shell-shocked. It's a weird place to be as a woman. It's a weird place to be as a man, or I guess as the mother and the father. I think Burgess is trying to figure out what to do. I think Ruzek is figuring out, "What's my role in this? How do I -- am I allowed to have an opinion? Am I not allowed to have an opinion? If I have an opinion, am I out of place?" But in episode 11, we dig into this in a very thorough way.

How would you describe the fall finale?

It's intense, suspenseful and emotional. And there's a big cliffhanger at the end. You'll get to see Upton and Halstead's relationship, in some form or fashion, on display. You'll see the team come together to try to rescue one of their own and you'll see a very intense, edge-of-your-seat, suspenseful crime show playing out in front of your eyes.
X

Quote:
‘Chicago P.D.’ Boss Teases Burzek Will Be‘Making Decisions,’ Voight’s Next‘Right-Hand’ & More

The ‘Chicago P.D.’ fall finale is going to be a game-changer. HL spoke EXCLUSIVELY with EP Rick Eid about Upstead’s ‘strong feelings,’ what’s next for Burzek, and more.

Jay Halstead finds himself in a very dangerous situation during the Nov. 20 fall finale of Chicago P.D. The rest of Intelligence goes all-out to find and save Halstead. This massive event will cause Upton’s feelings about Halstead to really come out. “I think they have real feelings for each other,” Chicago P.D. executive producer Rick Eid told HollywoodLife. “When Halstead goes missing in this episode, you’ll see Upton’s reaction to it and you’ll sense that it’s just a little bit different than the other detectives’ reactions. They all want to find Halstead. They all want to help Halstead, but there’s just something a little different with Upton and people can do the math.”

Rick wouldn’t say whether or not Halstead and Upton would enter into romantic territory. However, he stressed that they do have “really strong feelings for each other.” He added, “They haven’t gone there just yet because they work together and there’s always been complicating factors involved. You’ll get a sense of how Upton feels for Halstead and this episode definitely.”

A few episodes back, Burgess and Ruzek’s worlds were rocked when Burgess found out she is pregnant. Rick revealed there will be Burzek developments regarding this turn of events. “They will definitely be making decisions,” Rick said. “Ruzek is trying to be a good friend, a good father, but he knows that it’s ultimately Burgess’ decision and he’s trying to be respectful of what she wants to do. He’s trying to offer his opinions and he’s trying to involve himself. It’s a tricky situation because they’re not really together but decisions will be made.”

Could these two end up back together? “It’s possible,” Rick said. “I think these guys have really strong feelings for each other and always have. It’s always been complicated and things haven’t always worked out. So there’s a history and it’s just a question, can they get past the history?”

Rojas is new to Intelligence and we will get to know her more in the second half of the season. “We’ve got some interesting things planned for her,” Rick teased. He also said multiple episodes will “put her in the middle of the case and inform interesting things about her backstory and past.” After working with Atwater, some fans began shipping Rojas and Atwater. “I think it’s really to be determined,” Rick told HollywoodLife about the possibility of a romance between them. “I think they met in a fun, flirtatious way but they were both undercover so they both had plausible deniability about what was going on. While they’re not undercover and in their real lives, I think they definitely have a connection but they work together. She’s new so there are a lot of reasons not to act on any of this. We’ll see what happens.”

Rick did make sure to note that he doesn’t see most of Intelligence paired up romantically. “I don’t think that’s the show,” he said. “I think there are feelings. I think there are moments. There are desires. But how it all plays out is yet to be determined. A lot of it has to do with what feels interesting in the moment and in the storylines. Who’s got chemistry, who doesn’t have chemistry. I think the promise of the relationship and the buildup can be interesting as well to the actual relationship.”

On the Voight front, Rick teased that Voight’s “relationship with Upton is something to keep an eye on. In many ways, she’s sort of stepping into the role of Olinsky and becoming a real confidante and right-hand person to him. I think that’s an interesting relationship and then Upton, she’s beginning to step a little closer to where Voight lives, which I think the writers find interesting.” Chicago P.D. season 7 will return with new episodes in 2020.
X

Quote:
Chicago Fire Midseason Finale: Gabby's Back! Will She and Casey Feel the Heat?

Chicago Fire’s midseason finale airs tonight with the return of fan favorite Monica Raymund in her role as Gabriela Dawson. We – along with Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) – first see her standing at the memorial to Otis (Yuri Sardarov) outside Firehouse 51.

“I pitched this way back in June and then was just hopeful I was going to be able to somehow get Monica to agree to come back for an episode,” executive producer Derek Haas tells Parade.com in this exclusive interview. “I loved it at the end of the first episode of the season when Boden (Eamonn Walker) was dedicating the memorial to Otis, he said, ‘If you see someone down here staring at this memorial, a friend, a fellow firefighter, a neighbor, I want you to walk down here and you bring this memorial to life.’”

The breakup of Gabby and Casey was such a quick one, it didn’t get the play that it deserved as Gabby accepted a full-time job working on hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico after Raymund decided not to renew her contact with Chicago Fire.

Tonight, Gabby is back in the Windy City to attend a fund raiser for her aid organization and invites Matt to be her plus one.

“The winter finale with Casey walking out and seeing the back of someone at the memorial – ‘Oh wait, is that Gabby?’ — and then the growing realization as he gets closer and it is her, it just seemed to me rich drama storytelling that would tie the whole season together,” Haas continues. “I love those kinds of images, bookends for storytelling, and I wanted her back because I didn’t like the abrupt way we ended things with them a season ago. It was a chance for me to continue the story. I won’t say it’s closure. It’s a continuation.”

When Brett (Kara Killmer) learns that Gabby is back, she encourages Casey to spend time with his ex, even as she may harbor secret hopes for the two of them to get together.

“I’ve always liked them,” Haas says of Casey and Brett. “I think they’re really cut from the same cloth as characters. They like the same things and treat people similarly, and, I think, they have mutual admiration for each other. Though, Brett, who was best friends with Gabby, realizes there’s a connection that is beyond whatever is happening in the here and now.”

You mentioned how if somebody was standing at the memorial, a member of the house should go down. This week it is Gabby, last week Hermann (David Eigenberg) set a couch on fire and the CEO of the company came, so the mourning for Otis has continued. Are we going to see more of it in this episode?

It’s by design. What a character Otis was to the show, so to sweep that under the rug, or to act like it didn’t happen or to dismiss it, it’s just not the way we do things on Chicago Fire. We put Shay’s (Lauren German) name on the side of the ambulance. We’re eight seasons in and we’ll still have someone tap that name, or look at that picture on the wall. Otis’ memorial is the same. It’s an important element within our storytelling and that’s not going to change.

Really, the first half of this season, more than ever, more than any other, we wanted to show what it’s like for different characters to grieve at different speeds and the different ways that they react to it. Of course, the one who’s impacted more than anyone is Joe Cruz (Joe Minoso), so there’s a whole storyline with that in this episode.

Usually when you think of a show, you think a woman is the heart of the show, but actually, Cruz is the heart of this show. He’s the emotional one.

Definitely this season. Hermann, a lot of times, will be the emotional heart of the show. What’s nice is that we have so many great characters that there’s so many that are hearts of the show. I was watching episode eight, that just aired this week, with Kristi, my wife, and a different character would come on and it would just be like, “I just love him.” And then Kidd would walk by and I’d be like, “I just love her.” It’s awesome when that many characters can connect that many ways and we don’t have to have one of our main cast members be the person you love to hate. We save those for the guests.

Severide (Taylor Kinney) is really good at being a fire investigator. Any chance that it could win him over and he may want to stay at OFI?

By design, when we got to this section of the season and were pitching Severide’s transfer to OFI (Office of Fire Investigation), we wanted, at first, you to think it’s going to be paper pushing, but that’s never the way Severide’s handled any arson investigation since we’ve seen him on the show. His dad Benny (Treat Williams) was very adept at arson investigation, so we play up that history.

Then we wanted to make Seager (Andy Allo), we just love her and wanted her to be super competent, so this wasn’t’ some joke of a department. They are actually doing important work for the CFD. I love their dynamic and their relationship. We were always pitching it as Mulder and Scully, you know, flashlights and dust and getting to the bottom of things. She’s competent and self-assured for her young age, and she’s already got an easy partner relationship with Severide. So, yeah, it’s more interesting than he thought it would be.

We also saw him tell Van Meter (Tim Hopper) if you just wanted someone to sign off, you got the wrong guy.

Van Meter thought, “Okay, I just need a warm body in here who has a little bit of a nose for this, so I can blast through all of these backlogged cases,” but man, he did not pick the right person for that. If he wanted that, he should have gone for a Gorsch-type (Steven Moyer) of desk jockey, you know, a pencil pusher. Severide is going to get to the bottom of things and the truth is going to win.

And he’s going to help people while he’s doing it, which to me, is the one thing that might make him want to stay there.

That’s what he does, you know. He doesn’t seek out the wronged. What he does is tries to find the truth. He will follow that past what normal people will, and I think that’s true of Casey, Boden and Hermann. They do it on the fire calls.

Stella (Miranda Rae Mayo) is so proud that Boden has these great plans for her, but she’s burning the candle at both ends. Is there going to be a price she’s going to have to pay?

In the winter finale, that candle at both ends scenario comes to a head because your body can only take on so much. You can will push yourself past the point where it’s healthy, and that is going to rear its ugly head in this episode.
X

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 11-20-2019 at 06:20 PM
Old 11-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

poor Jay

Old 11-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Question: Will Casey be searching for his own place to live soon on Chicago Fire? Or will he and Severide continue to be roomies? —Beth
Ausiello:
Showrunner Derek Haas will only confirm that there will be “some new living arrangements for various characters” when the show returns on Jan. 8.

♦ Chicago PD: A pregnant Burgess is going to face a conundrum at work. “There’s a line in an upcoming episode [where she says], ‘As soon as I tell Voight [I’m pregnant], I’ll be placed on desk duty,'” her portrayer Marina Squerciati teases. “I think she wants to hide [the pregnancy] for as long as possible.” However, a few of her colleagues will soon discover the big news, starting with one of her closest pals — Atwater! “He is the next one to find out,” Squerciati reveals. “But the fact that she doesn’t confide in anyone really hones in on the fact that Burgess is really just kind of [in a place of] willful ignorance. She doesn’t want to think about it right now.”
X

Fire post-mortem articles -

Fire - https://tvline.com/2019/11/20/chicag...by-dawson-sex/
https://www.tvinsider.com/833084/chi...n-casey-brett/
https://www.etonline.com/chicago-fir...clusive-136738
https://people.com/tv/chicago-fire-d...mantic-future/
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ight-and-more/
https://www.tvguide.com/news/chicago...-casey-dawsey/
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...025930237.html

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

Love the promos!

Love the articles!

Old 11-22-2019, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It'll probably be a while before we get much more.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

Yes, it probably will be!

Old 11-23-2019, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't like that.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-23-2019, 09:43 PM