Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That continuity will be nice, if nothing else.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-23-2018, 09:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes, it will be!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 06-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just hope it doesn't end up meaning less Brett on Med, because she pops up pretty regularly.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hope not either!

Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Loyal Fan

What I can foresee is that Kidd can return to the paramedic position and open a vacancy for a new firefighter, causing Brett and Kidd to form a new pair in the ambulance.
In Med I do not think her participation will decrease, I believe that if she and Kidd form a duo and they would be the only women in the cast, I think they will increase or it will be the same if it were Gabby.

What I believe is that with the departure of Gabby, Brett no longer appears in PD, since the only connection of PD with Fire that existed was Antonio and Gabby, without Gabby in scene Antonio will have no more reason to appear in Fire frequently.

And with this comes what I believe to be the case with Brettonio:
Antonio already gave more than signs that he does not want anything serious with Brett and she already had a broken heart for him and suffered for it, so I think it would be interesting that she and Cruz had a second chance to have a relationship, since I feel that he has matured and is ready to compromise and has shown he cares for her.

And it's not that I do not like Antonio, he's one of my favorites, but I think Antonio in the next season of PD will have more serious things to deal with, like the growing antagonism with Voigth, which should only increase with the events of season 5 and I think he's only got space in his life right now to be 100% committed and focused on his career and his kids, that a serious relationship with someone does not have room and if it's to make Brett suffer more, I hope they do not follow with Bettonio while he is not ready for it.

The Rogue Prince
Old 06-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kidd won't be going to Ambo. That would be pointless, and Derek's talking about casting anyway. Stella being on ambo wouldn't increase Brett's time on Med as it's pretty much a given that she will be stepping into Gabby's shoes in terms of screentime on Fire because of stellaride.

Unless Brett and Antonio do get together. And I disagree that he showed he doesn't want anything serious with her, it was quite the opposite actually, he was planning on making things official when she told him she didn't want to continue with anything. When things started up again she didn't say she wanted something serious, so he respected her choice by keeping things casual. I thought they did a good job at showing he wanted more but believed she didn't.

And Bruz really shouldn't happen again, imo. At all. It didn't work the first time, the chemistry isn't there, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-25-2018, 06:17 AM
Passionate Fan

I can maybe see Kidd on Ambo for one episode or a shift to fill in. But not permanently….I saw where Derek Haas said they haven’t casted anyone yet.

I think there could be possibilities for Brett to show on PD. She could be at crime scene that Antonio is investigating that an Ambo is needed or they could see each other at Molly’s.

I think that Antonio wanted to be serious about Brett…he made her dinner and she got scared. It was obvious that he was hurt and wasn’t expecting her to leave. Then she finally admits to wanting to be serious and she finds out he has been set up on a blind date.

When one of them wants to admit feelings, the other one backs away. Just wish they could get them on the same page!

I think the Brett/Cruz storyline was drug out way too long. I think Brett thinks of him as friend/brother. They just don’t match. Clearly, I am team Brettonio, but I didn’t Brett and Cruz matched well together back in season 3. Although they both have changed some since then, I still don’t see them as couple.

They need to find a love interest for Cruz that is not Brett and not a married woman.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, if the show picks up where it left off, Kidd would likely fill in for a shift or two while they find a permanent replacement, but they'll never move her as a permanent thing, it would be an incredibly poor choice and having a female firefighter is a big deal for the show.

Tbh I'm not expecting Sylvie to show on PD more. I kind of get the impression that avoid it when possible considering what was going on on that set... I don't think Fire will give up on having Antonio around though, and unless Matt and Gabby don't divorce and we see Antonio through his being Matt's brother in law (which, if Jesse sticks around long term, just isn't realistic as it limits the character) then expanding on his relationship with Brett is the only way to keep that. They'll never be a focus couple but they can at least be one.

The sad thing is I think they are on the same page. They both want the same thing, just neither is saying that to the other. Neither is willing to put them self out there.

Agree. Brett/Cruz didn't work in season 3, and regardless of how they have changed there's no reason to believe that would be any different now. It wasn't where they were then that was the problem, it was the complete lack of spark, so to speak.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
The sad thing is I think they are on the same page. They both want the same thing, just neither is saying that to the other. Neither is willing to put them self out there.
Yes, that's more like it. They are both scared to make the first move and put themselves out there.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

One of them has to eventually, right?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hope so!

Old 06-27-2018, 05:32 AM
Passionate Fan

There is too much of a fan base for this relationship to be dropped. So hoping we get something next season.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think they expected the fan base at all and now they don't know what to do about it which is why they're so on and off.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think they did either!

Old 06-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Yea, I think Derek Haas even said it before. I can't remember where.