Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chicago Fire: Why Aren't Dawson and Casey Talking About Having a Baby?

There’s something very important that Chicago Fire‘s Dawson and Casey haven’t discussed in a long time: starting a family of their own.

The married couple almost became adopted parents to little orphaned Louie last season before the tot’s father came back into the picture. Despite their willingness to take in the young boy, they aren’t quite ready to have a baby, showrunner Derek Haas says.

“We’re not fully there yet, at least through the first half of the season,” Haas tells TVLine. “They’re still so young in their marriage. I think part of the attraction is that you can build your own relationship first before you start the family.”

Haas also notes that Dawson and Casey “were at different places in their lives when they wanted children earlier.” And after losing Louie, who was so dear to their hearts, they need to “take a little time for themselves.”

However, that doesn’t mean the topic of kids won’t rear its head this season. “It comes up again,” star Jesse Spencer reveals. “The Louie storyline will come back in a different way. Those feelings will resurface. She did lose a baby, and then we had Louie, and then we lost him,” so the subject matter is “sort of ‘the monster in the closet’ a little bit, but in a good way. But there’s a lot of pain and emotion associated with that.”

Spencer is hopeful that the couple will one day overcome those past heartbreaks. “I would love to see them start their family, outside of the firehouse family,” the actor says. And although he admits that now is not the right time given the stress of Casey’s recent promotion, Spencer believes that the captain does yearn to be a father.

“That’s always been there since Casey and Dawson got together from the start,” he adds. “They’ve always been a really solid couple, so I think that’s a natural progression. I know the fans want to see it. I want to see it, too.”
X

May not be a popular opinion, but that makes sense to me, and I'm kind of glad they're not rushing it just because they're married now.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree, it's good that they are not having them to rush into anything.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

It makes sense for them to takes things slow in this matter.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 12-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It does, and I'm glad it seems they're going to acknowledge why it may be a sore spot for them following the baby they lost and then Louie. Those things have an affect and it hasn't even been a year since Louie left yet.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

TY for posting that article!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 12-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

TY for posting that sneak peak!

Old 12-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

It makes me realize how much I'm missing this show. Thanks for posting.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 12-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Next week

Fire 6x09 press release -

Quote:
DAWSON AND CASEY GO THROUGH A ROUGH SPOT - After learning unsettling news, Dawson (Monica Raymund) enlists Severide (Taylor Kinney) to help her out. Elsewhere, Casey (Jesse Spencer) and Dawson struggle with communication issues while Brett (Kara Killmer) and Kidd (Miranda Rae Mayo) compete to win the heart of Zach (guest star Daniel Di Tomasso), a Hazmat officer. Meanwhile, Otis (Yuri Sardarov), Herrmann (David Eigenberg) and Mouch (Christian Stolte) are on a mission to locate the source of a horrible stench that is making life unpleasant at Firehouse 51. Eamonn Walker and Joe Minoso also star.
X

Med 3x07 press release -

Quote:
Dr. Charles (Oliver Platt) feels pressure when Dr. Choi (Brian Tee) and Dr. Manning (Torrey DeVitto) criticize his medical decision regarding an ill newborn baby. Dr. Rhodes (Colin Donnell) comes to terms with his relationship issues. Goodwin (S. Epatha Merkerson) helps Bert (guest star Greg Williams) understand Lyla's (guest star Garcelle Beauvais) sickness. Marlyne Barrett, Yaya DaCosta, Nick Gehlfuss, Rachel DiPillo and Norma Kuhling also star. Joe Minoso and Eddie Jemison guest star.
X

TVGuide premieres -

Quote:
Chicago Fire (NBC)
Returns: Thursday, Jan. 4 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: After berating her father for using Casey's name to get ahead at his job, Dawson will now have to work to save his life. Ramon took her harsh words to heart and while riding the train attempted to be a Good Samaritan. His plan backfired, however, and he received a knife to the stomach for his troubles. The fall finale ended with Dawson tending to her seriously injured father whose fate has yet to be revealed.

The Scoop: Ramon's injury will bring Chicago P.D.'s Jon Seda over for a few episodes. While he's there to check in on his family, he'll also have an unexpected reunion with his ex, Brett. "The first face-to-face will be in the hospital in the aftermath of this," showrunner Derek Haas tells TV Guide. "The one thing Brett wasn't counting on in having to save Ramon's life is that naturally, Antonio would rush up to the hospital to see how he is. And so, Brett is not ready. She just wasn't even thinking about Antonio [being] there so it catches her off guard." When they eventually do meet up, sparks will surely fly.

Chicago Med (NBC)
Returns: Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: After they teamed up on a successful surgery, Dr. Bekker (Norma Kuhling) asked Connor (Colin Donnell) to go for a celebratory drink and he declined in order to spend the evening with Robyn (Mekia Cox), who still felt slightly off even though an MRI showed that she had no lingering brain damage from her tumor removal. Goodwin (S. Epatha Merkerson) realized the hospital's budget and financial systems were in worse shape than she thought. Noah (Roland Buck) resented April (Yaya DaCosta) acting like a big sister towards him during work hours. And Dr. Charles (Oliver Platt) observed that Reese (Rachel DiPillo), after dealing with a number of violent patients, was starting to seem anxious about treating psych cases.

The Scoop: The hospital's financial woes will put increased pressure on Goodwin, to the point where her job is on the line. Despite their smooch under shamrock "mistletoe" in the winter finale, tension continues to build between April and Ethan (Brian Tee), especially after the return of Ethan's estranged sister, who will become a recurring character in the back half of the season. And she's not the only family member coming out of the woodwork: As Sarah finds it increasingly difficult to deal with her anxiety, her estranged father comes back on the scene. "That's a very difficult relationship," co-showrunner Andrew Schneider teases. Outside the hospital, Connor and Robyn's problems also escalate, reaching what Schneider and co-showrunner Diane Frolov describe as a "crisis level" in Episode 6. "Her behavior is still being influenced by her sickness, by her disease," Frolov says. "She really wants that not to be the case, but it is the case." Elsewhere, Will (Nick Gehlfuss) and Natalie's (Torey DeVitto) professional dynamic may start to have a negative impact on their personal relationship. "In effect, he's her boss, and that causes a lot of tension," Schneider tells us. "[And] their perspective on life is different. She's a single mom. Her kid is her emphasis in life. Will has never been married, doesn't have children. They just tend to look at the world a little differently." And, before the midway point of the season, one character will be leaving the show.

Chicago P.D. (NBC)
Returns: Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: Voight (Jason Beghe) and Olinsky (Elias Koteas) confronted Ruzek (Patrick John Flueger) after Voight discovered he was the one who'd been slipping information from Intelligence to Denny Woods. Jay (Jesse Lee Soffer) started to exhibit signs of PTSD.

The Scoop: Viewers will have to wait to see how Voight ultimately handles Ruzek's betrayal, but showrunner Rick Eid teases that the rivalry between Woods and Voight will ramp up to the next level in the back half of the season. "It'll go right through the Season 5 finale," Eid says of their power struggle. "It begins to escalate, and Woods begins to exert his leverage over maybe a different member of the team. They're both playing hardball, and it'll come mano a mano to the bitter end." Elsewhere, Jay's PTSD continues to spiral out of control, particularly in the Jan. 3 return episode. "His PTSD is definitely front and center in that episode," Eid says. "He probably hits rock bottom in that episode.... With the help of his team and in particular Upton, he just might make it."

There's also a big Chicago Fire crossover episode planned in honor of P.D.'s 100th, as well as a "ripped from the headlines" episode that explores sexual harassment in the workplace. And, while Ruzek's fate with Intelligence is left up in the air, he's got some good things in his personal life to look forward to, including a potential rekindling of his romance with Burgess (Marina Squerciati). Burzek forever!
X

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 12-28-2017 at 10:33 AM
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait!!

Old 12-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

TY for posting those press releases!!

Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chicago Fire Duo Preview 'Brettonio,' Take 2: 'She's Just Enjoying Him'

Chicago Fire is giving Brett and Antonio a second chance at love.

The paramedic and the P.D. detective broke things off last season when his complicated family situation became too much for Brett. (Nothing like his ex-wife yelling at you at your workplace to ruin the romance.) But the fall finale’s traumatic cliffhanger, in which Antonio’s father was stabbed, will bring the pair back together during the show’s January return.

“Because of what happened to Ramon, Antonio shows up at the hospital and sees Brett for the first time in a long time,” showrunner Derek Haas previews.

Although the spark is rekindled, the reunion won’t be a repeat of the ex-couple’s past courtship. “I think what’s different about the relationship [this time] is Brett,” says her portrayer, Kara Killmer. “The first time around, she was a little too attached to outcomes to realize how complicated the situation really was. So I think this time around, she’s trying to be a little bit more laid-back and just enjoying him, as the women of America want to.”

As for how long Brett will get to enjoy Antonio, “it’s a little two-episode thing, but then there’s more coming,” Haas reveals.

“[There’s] a little bit of a break where you think, ‘Oh, that was short,’ but it’s not going to be as short as the audience thinks,” he adds. “I know our audience well enough to know after the events of Episode 8, they’re going to be like, ‘Why would they give us this if they’re not giving us more?!’ And then there will be more.”
X

So like, a two episode thing before they later realise they want to try again?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-29-2017, 09:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

TY for posting!

Old 12-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

So this is pure speculation on my part but earlier in the Chicago Fire hiatus Derek Haas tweeted a hint that there could be a pregnancy this season. He has also heavily been tweeting about Brettonio getting back together. Then TV Line posted this article:

Quote:
Chicago Fire Duo Preview 'Brettonio,' Take 2: 'She's Just Enjoying Him

Chicago Fire is giving Brett and Antonio a second chance at love.
The paramedic and the P.D. detective broke things off last season when his complicated family situation became too much for Brett. (Nothing like his ex-wife yelling at you at your workplace to ruin the romance.) But the fall finale’s traumatic cliffhanger, in which Antonio’s father was stabbed, will bring the pair back together during the show’s January return.

“Because of what happened to Ramon, Antonio shows up at the hospital and sees Brett for the first time in a long time,” showrunner Derek Haas previews.

Although the spark is rekindled, the reunion won’t be a repeat of the ex-couple’s past courtship. “I think what’s different about the relationship [this time] is Brett,” says her portrayer, Kara Killmer. “The first time around, she was a little too attached to outcomes to realize how complicated the situation really was. So I think this time around, she’s trying to be a little bit more laid-back and just enjoying him, as the women of America want to.”

As for how long Brett will get to enjoy Antonio, “it’s a little two-episode thing, but then there’s more coming,” Haas reveals.

“[There’s] a little bit of a break where you think, ‘Oh, that was short,’ but it’s not going to be as short as the audience thinks,” he adds. “I know our audience well enough to know after the events of Episode 8, they’re going to be like, ‘Why would they give us this if they’re not giving us more?!’ And then there will be more.”
X

I wonder could they be planning a Brettonio pregnancy in the second half of the season?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that makes a lot of sense. We know the first reappearance is because of Ramon, but we've been told he comes back later on but not why

Jesse Spencer has also said the subject of children comes up again with Dawson and Casey, and imo, considering they haven't really discussed it in a while, something has to trigger that conversation, and Brett being pregnant could do just that.

Leigh Tumblr