Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think they're long overdue an in depth discussion, tbh. They never really properly dealt with the baby they lost, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I think they're long overdue an in depth discussion, tbh. They never really properly dealt with the baby they lost, imo.
That's one of the main problem in this show. The characters get these big storylines and they never deal with the aftermath of it all. It's too bad because there are a lot of things that could be used to explain some behaviors instead of creating unnecessary drama.

For Dawsey, there is the miscarriage, Louie, Casey almost dying at the end of S5 and Dawson freaking out at the beginning of S6. They could still use Shay's death and so on, but instead we get pointless arcs like the endless ones with Dawson's father, Casey jealous of Severide because Dawson asked him for help or miscommunication issues... I feel like this show could use a new showrunner with fresh ideas at this point.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I was kind of hoping they would elaborate on the whole she almost lost Casey storyline. I remember her father trying to encourage her to talk to the chaplain at the beginning of the season and then they dropped it.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It bothers me so much that they still haven't acknowledged that Gabby's behaviour with both Louie and Bria could be directly related to the baby they lost.

I can understand them not following through with her PTSD considering Med currently have a PTSD story, but at the same time, more than one person can have it at a time, Gabby and Sarah both went through something traumatic. I'm still hoping that Ramon will at some point let it slip to Casey what Gabby said to him about that day, I think he has a right to know and she's not going to tell him.

Tbh I don't think a showrunner change would make a difference at all. TV in general just seems to never follow through when they should, dramas moreso than any. I mean, Criminal Minds lost a team member in their season premiere and barely grieved for an episode, SVU lost Dodds a couple of seasons ago and aside from the occasional appearance from his dad where he gets a passing mention, he's been forgotten, NCIS killed off Ziva off screen while writing off Tony and the rest of the team barely had an episode to react. Ghost Whisperer killed off Andrea and after a while it was like she never existed. I wish it was different, but it's not a problem that's unique to one show, the vast majority of shows don't follow through. Med follows through quite a bit, which is kind of refreshing, but even it doesn't all the time.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

awww.... that gif set!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

I almost thought that scene wasn't go well at all...but it turned out ok.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was a little nervous about it too, but it worked out fine

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I really hope that the shot they did of Gabby looking at the policeman's widow was not random and that they're gonna use this storyline with the issues she had at the beginning of the season about Casey being in danger, since once again, he's gonna get pretty close to death...

Last edited by Maya*; 02-03-2018 at 09:27 PM
Old 02-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If they actually do that I will be beyond happy. Those issues realistically can't have gone anywhere, both that man and yet another near-death experience for Casey should definitely be enough to put her on edge again, and Med have got to the treatment stage of their PTSD story, so it would be kind of nice for Fire to pick it up again, especially if they make the most of it and use it for minor crossover scenes. Sarah dealing with a PTSD patient while having it herself could be brilliant, but I also love the idea of Gabby/Daniel therapy.

Also lowkey still hoping Ramon will let slip to Casey what Gabby said to him after the finale cliffhanger, but that's a long shot.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

^Would like to see that happen!

Old 02-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kind of doubt that it will, but I really want it to. They never resolved her issues, tbh, him making a promise he can't keep is hardly a resolution. Would make sense for them to come up again, and the potential med tie in makes it all the more perfect.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

No, they didn't!

Old 02-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It kind of annoys me that they didn't.

Deleted scene -

The hand holding