Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

The scene of them in the back where he asks her if she's okay really melted my heart...

and that small look when him and Hank ran into her house after those corrupt cops attacked her...

x

Not to mention this seasons cliffhanger...

I can not even describe the disappointment of my life when she said those two words and then Hank just walked away... And I know people are gonna be like "It's just a tv show", but in my case, I'm kinda crazy...
FanFicitons
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad we got that Linstead moment. It proved that Jay won't give up on her. I can't get over how good Jesse was in this scene. Also, I loved afterwards when Voight called her in his office and Jay encouraged her with a nod after she LOOKED to him for support. It shows that no matter what, they still have each other's backs and she still needs him even if she tries to distance herself.

I think Voight left because he realized he can't do anything else in this moment. I doubt he'll give up on trying.

I do hope that Jay plays a part in her recovery though. He doesn't look like he'll give up on her anytime soon.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh lord, those gifsets....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFeelingTheLove (View Post)
I think maybe it'll be a couple of episodes. Idk if something big should happen to make her realize CPD is her home. Although I have to say I love the idea of Jay getting hurt (but not too bad lol) and her snapping back to reality. It's a possible scenario in my opinion.
But I'd equally love it if Jay went to talk to her. Obviously Hank couldn't reach her on his own. Erin needs some space but not while Bunny's breathing down her neck and I think it would be so great if Jay just had an honest talk with her and helped her realize what she's worth.
I want something bad ( but not fatal ) to happen to slap Erin out of this hole she's in. She was shaken with Nadia's death that brought her to this broken state and she needs simiar experience now that would bring her back.

Maybe they will really push her storyline and she'll end up at CPD but on the other side, as a suspect or criminal....

I can't imagine Jay's reaction when he finds out she quit. As down and disconnected as she was before at least he could keep an eye on her when she was working and now he'll lose her out of his sight. I'd love for Jay wanting to face her all angry and disappointed but loving and supporting at the same time, saying how he won't leave her and do anything to help her. I'm really looking forward to the new dynamic between them. You know, being even more emotional and more vocal about how they feel.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:49 AM
Loyal Fan

I totally agree! I can't wait to see all te Linstead angst because as you said, not being able to keep an eye on Erin would be even harder for Jay than watching her suffer. I'm sure we'll get some good scenes. As far as Linstead goes, the finale didn't disappoint imo and it gave me hope for next season!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

You know, I've just realized that Burzek are already getting married and Linstead haven't even properly started...but that only means we're still ahead of some really amazing stuff between them. We just have to wait for the storm to pass.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
You know, I've just realized that Burzek are already getting married and Linstead haven't even properly started...but that only means we're still ahead of some really amazing stuff between them. We just have to wait for the storm to pass.
For sure! And not that I don't like Burzek, but Linstead have had better development in my opinion. The transition from friends and partners to something more is supposed to be slow and cautious and I think the show's been realistic in this aspect so far. I wouldn't want Linstead to rush into anything. I'd love to see them grow closer again and slowly, maybe over the span of a couple of seasons, explore their relationship before taking that next step.

Before that though I'd love to see Jay finding Erin at her lowest, maybe witnessing her getting drunk or sth. It would create so much good drama but I don't know if it'll happen.

Last edited by SoFeelingTheLove; 05-21-2015 at 04:14 AM
Old 05-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for posting the gifs. ALL THE FEELS. My emotions.

I've to say that I'm really confident about Linstead and I'm sure we'll get some good scenes in terms of quality next season. Jay won't give up on Erin and he'll most likely play a big part in her recovery. I'm looking forward to that.

Quote:
Also, I loved afterwards when Voight called her in his office and Jay encouraged her with a nod after she LOOKED to him for support. It shows that no matter what, they still have each other's backs and she still needs him even if she tries to distance herself.
Throughout the whole episode, they looked at each other and I found it particularly meaningful. He told her that he was looking out for her and that's when my heart melted. They still have each other's back and if Erin is seeking out for comfort or moral support, she knows that she can lean on Jay anytime but she purposefully distanced herself from him because she doesn't want to feel and she doesn't want to hurt him in the process. Quitting her job is a decision she made out of selflessness.
However, the direction of the writers in this episode was obvious.
Sure, it'll take some time for Erin to overcome the fallout of Nadia's death but she'll come back stronger because she will be reminded by the people close to her heart of how much she is worth. As a viewer, I can say that it's a very interesting and exciting arc to delve into next season. Plus, I really feel like Jay and Hank will bond and that at the end of the day, he'll give his blessing for Linstead

Quote:
The transition from friends and partners to something more is supposed to be slow and cautious and I think the show's been realistic in this aspect so far. I wouldn't want Linstead to rush into anything. I'd love to see them grow closer again and slowly, maybe over the span of a couple of seasons, explore their relationship before taking that next step.
YES, absolutely!!!

Also, this is spot on.

Quote:
"I’m in awe of the profound poignancy in Jesse Lee Soffer’s performances this week each time Jay shares a scene with Erin. Anytime we need to see vulnerability from Jay’s character, Soffer’s meticulous acting choices always make for evocatively raw moments. With the sincerity Soffer conveys through his expressiveness, the audience can see that Jay’s adoration for Erin is through the roof. And the subtle manner in which Soffer’s voice would break weaved in with the tenderness in his eyes allowed the audience to understand that Jay clearly feels a great amount of pain because he knows Erin’s hurting deeply. One of the reasons my respect for Jay’s character is strongest is because of the admirable way in which he values Erin’s agency. And for those who are familiar with my reviews, you know it’s something I’ve been saying from the beginning. Thereby, his choice to once more remind her of the fact that he’s looking out for was exactly what she needed. In Jay’s eyes, Erin Lindsay is the toughest cop he’s known because he knows how much she’s overcome to stand where she is. And if a man with military background, endless bravery and commendable passion sees her as the toughest, then we can be certain she’ll overcome all of this as well. We can also be certain that as her partner who’s promised to ceaselessly have her back, he’ll never give up on bringing her home.

Chicago P.D. is anything but a love show; however, the romance they’ve set up through Jay and Erin is easily one of the strongest bonds on television right now. It’s hard not to root for them – believe me, I’ve tried. Through their distinctive and selfless partnership we’re shown a duo who protect each other with unwavering dedication even when there aren’t guns in their faces. It’s in the ways they look to each other when it appears chaos is about to detonate or in the way they know something’s off even before it’s said out loud. Objectively judging by the way this finale was set up, Voight and Jay are going to play colossal roles in Erin’s life next season. And that’s something I’m certainly looking forward to because the girl who’s fought so hard for everyone else’s lives will now see that she’s got endless potential and a life worth fighting for. It’s nice to know those you care for will always fight for you. Side note: someone should seriously give this girl the biggest hug in the world and let her cry on their shoulders until she’s okay. It’s what she would’ve done."

Chicago P.D. 2x23*“Born Into Bad News” Recap | MGcircles Media
Old 05-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree, this seems like the perfect opportunity for Jay and Hank to bond and for Hank to give his blessing. I'm so much more hopeful right now than I was a week ago. Now we just have to wait for season 3..

That recap though. Beautifully written and spot on!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

That recap... YES! YES! and YES!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm currently away on holidays So had to cheat and watch on my iPad hehe - it was an intense episode but I'm kinda feeling the same way as another person said earlier and won't really miss the show as much as I thought, no real suspense left with us. season 3 needs to be Jay's time to shine!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

So many little Linstead moments in the season finale, the GLANCES! I agree, I mean the ending wasn't a huge shocker for me...but maybe because I read some spoilers. I still can't wait for S3 and i'm sure there's going to be a lot of Linstead <3
Old 05-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

I love this video! So many little significant Linstead moments included. Great job!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

That video was incredible. Loved it!
Old 05-25-2015, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

When you watch the show and you get these disappoining episodes, then you start to think there's barely any Linstead on this show and then you watch a video like this and it's like Linstead heaven.....