Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Love Lindsey meeting her future brother in law dr. Will halstead
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not much Linstead tonight, but judging by the promo for next week, there could be some good scenes next week!
FanFicitons
Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that

yeah they are cute

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

OK, there wasn't much Linstead last night but I appreciated the little we got.

There were a few parallels, which is always interesting to notice and point out.

1. Erin put her hand on his shoulder just like she did in 2x01.

The context is clearly not the same but her gesture basically shows him reassurance.

And it also somehow reminds me of 2x10: Jay protected them with his shield when they entered the building + both of their reactions after the explosion later in the episode:

They still have each other's back. Always will.

2. Their similar reaction respectively in 1x15 and 2x17

They don't wanna talk about it and cut short the conversation.

3. Erin's willingness to let Jay know how she feels about him, that she cares about their relationship. (Even if the difference is that now, she doesn't think they can be together because their work stands in the way).
Nonetheless, she is not ready to completely give up on him yet.

And it also takes him by surprise both times that she opens up to him so easily.
Erin has matured so much in barely a year.

I'm looking forward to next week: a possible Jay/Hank confrontation and if there is, how it directly impacts Linstead.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedtellez (View Post)
Not much Linstead tonight, but judging by the promo for next week, there could be some good scenes next week!
I think so too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-27-2015, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

I miss them but I'm sure the writers don't want to give us too much of a good thing all at once. The anticipation is what keeps us coming back & like the gifs below so clearly show, the feelings are still there. So.....looking forward to the next episode.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved the scene between erin, jay, and his brother will. Also how she was all we should all hang out <3 too cute!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Loved Jay in this episode. Love his scenes with Will and we got to dig into his background more and learn about their parents. Want more of Halstead!Brothers.

Re Linstead I get a feeling this whole Erin/Voight thing will ultimately get in the way of them. I understand how much she owns Hank but it seems to cloud her vision of him. IDK. Like EVERYTHING Voigh says is right and Jay may get fed up with this dependance, Just my feeling after watching this episode.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Glad we learned more about Jay's background in the latest episode.
So, his mom died (I called that ), he left to serve his country in Afghanistan and he hasn't spoken to his dad for approximatively 2 years.
We can now say that it was also rough for him growing up... but what a stand-up guy he's become despite it all! Jay is a genuine good man!
I hope Erin will know about his past at some point too.

The promo was misleading! I expected more of a confrontation between Jay and Hank but Erin proved her loyalty to her surrogate father once again and she naturally picked his side.

Linstead is obvioulsy keeping the distance right now. They're sticking to the "we cool off" pretty successfully thus far.

Jesse&Sophia did an impromptu Q&A this morning. They're currently filming a chase scene and Soph posted a selfie on Twitter.

Some of their answers:

Sophia Bush @SophiaBush
Jess is crazy talented. I'm always inspired. RT @sarelaben: @SophiaBush @jesseleesoffer what is your favorite aspect working w one another?

Sophia Bush @SophiaBush
SUPERCALIFRAGELISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS #namethatmovie RT @overdianna: @SophiaBush @jesseleesoffer Can you describe each other with 1 word?

Jesse lee soffer @jesseleesoffer
“@overdianna: @SophiaBush @jesseleesoffer Can you describe each other with 1 word?” PITBULL

“@lomlnathanscott: @jesseleesoffer on a scale of 1-10 how cool is @SophiaBush to work with?” 16

Sophia Bush @SophiaBush
A lot of tension & tears! RT @ErinJayItaly: @jesseleesoffer @SophiaBush What we should expect from SVUxCPD episode? #ChicagoPD #TQA

“@AshleyNicole_23: @jesseleesoffer @SophiaBush any chance of #linstead getting back together?!” you never know

I'm still optimistic about a Linstead reunion, maybe at the very end of the season. Hopefully, they'll comfort each other during the SVUxCPD crossover. There is that to look forward to, at the very least.

Oh, and Sophia & Jesse kinda flirting during the live tweets every week is precious, isn't it?
It gave me Bushfer feels yesterday. Cuties

Sophia Bush @SophiaBush
***** my partner is one sexy motha! #TheHalsteadIdentity #TheNewBourne @jesseleesoffer #ChicagoPD #VoightAccused

“@SophiaBush: ***** my partner is one sexy motha! #TheHalsteadIdentity #TheNewBourne @jesseleesoffer #ChicagoPD #VoightAccused” LOVE this.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I did love last night's episode, though we didn't get too much "couple" Linstead scenes, we still got some. I loved the Lindsay/Nadia scenes though!!!

But with Lindsay's dark days coming up, I feel like Linstead will be back toghether sooner rather than later.
FanFicitons
Old 04-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for those

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm sure in the next few episodes we'll be getting some good Linstead stuff <3
Old 04-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The promo was misleading! I expected more of a confrontation between Jay and Hank but Erin proved her loyalty to her surrogate father once again and she naturally picked his side.

It looks like ....
I don't even know if I'm still a Linstead fan ... In my opinion Erin behaves very ... well don't even know the right word.. I have a feeling that she is playing with poor Jay!
She comes to him first, saying nice things (Like this conversation in the car) and then when Hank tells a biting comment, she immediately moves away from Jay (Makes him hope, then abandons him, and Jay is so forgiving and decent.)And then Erin will come back to him once again when she needs him.
And she gives a speech type ,, He is important for Hank, so he's important for me, "and ,, I don't want to lose my job," Please! Everyone knows that Hank would NEVER throw her, and she knows it.
Why does she think she is so important that Jay will be waiting for her, and when she calls, he will come?

Now, I'd like to see how Jay meets a nice and worth his time girl. And Erin gets a lesson.

*I really loved Linstead, really, but I don't understand why did they destroyed Erin's character so much?
I can not even look at her right now.

These,, Dark days for Erin, "I thought that the rest of the season can be focused on someone else, because so many things have just been focused on Erin in S2.
BUT, I hope that these,, dark days, " will be a good thing, and Erin and Jay will be able to be together again. Maybe it will have something to do with Jay, and will affect the Erin? Who konws!

The Ties of Friendship
Old 04-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think Erin is playing with Jay's heart.

She is confused right now and deciding to cool off was a hard call to make for the both of them.
I think she is suffering from their separation as much as he is. A good proof of that is that she keeps reminding him that despite their breakup, she cares about him and that it's never gonna change. She is trying to be open with him, even though there is an awkward tension lingering between them now.

Sure, they should have come clean when Jay suggested it. But if you recall, neither Jay nor Erin could make up their mind back then. Remember when Jay said 'no, we're not telling Voight' in the car?

I would even say that Jay is the one whose behavior is changed. He's colder to Erin and doesn't express his feelings anymore. He no longer cracks jokes either. Jay tries to keep his distance, which is perfectly understandable giving the circumstances.

First and foremost, they are excellent partners on the field. I was worried they wouldn't be able to keep work and feelings separate but they have proved me wrong so far.
That's a good point and it could eventually work in their favor if Voight ever comes around.

Now, we all know the writers have something up their sleeves and they'll turn the tables for these two soon. Erin has dark days coming and whatever it is, it'll affect their relationship.

Again, this website provides great insight for Linstead and I 100% agree with the following statement:

Quote:
Speaking of Halstead and Lindsay, it’s interesting to note that their conversation in the break room wasn’t entirely necessary in this episode. It wasn’t required for Lindsay to remind Halstead that the reason she ceaselessly defends Voight is because of what he’s done for her. However, when it comes to questioning the motivation behind Lindsay’s choice to clarify, it speaks most highly for the duo and their recent break. It’s clear that she wants to remind him that she didn’t want to part ways. She still cares deeply about him. It’s obligatory to note that Halstead noticeably isn’t himself — he hasn’t been since the two have ended their “relationship”. While Lindsay’s behavior isn’t as different, she’s making continual effort to validate why her ties with Voight are so significant even though it’s something Halstead knows very well. The one pulling away isn’t Erin, it’s Jay — at one point he’d crack jokes at every opportunity he got, and recently he’s been more reserved. It’s as though he feels he’s invading her privacy with their closeness, but Lindsay’s choice to confide in him and remind him of the fact that Voight’s not just some random person she let get in between them is entirely telling. She’s always kept her feelings deliberately desecrate, but this was a moment where she was choosing to console his heart. It’s key to point out the choice in diction because Lindsay stating “I hear you” to his “I’d like to think I can handle it” promises that eventually, he’ll learn the truth. Ultimately, it foreshadows a time in the (hopefully) near future where he’ll get to know all of her. And one of the entities that continues to amaze me is how brilliantly the two of them work together on the field. Personally, if you asked me, I would’ve called Atwater to break the vent — he’s taller and physically appears stronger. However, Erin’s choice to call Jay gorgeously reveals how easy it is to look to him on (and off) the field — it doesn’t require a second thought. If there’s something she’s unable to handle, Jay’s the one she’ll instinctually always turn to. And in all cases, he’ll run to her without a question — just as she would to him.
I'd like to think that the "I hear you" was indeed foreshadowing of what's to come next.
Bunny will bring trouble in her daughter's life again, it was spoiled by Derek. We'll probably get to know more about Erin's past and what Voight did to save her life.

Here is the full review of 2x18 if you wanna read: Chicago P.D. 2x18*“Get Back to Even” Recap | MGcircles Media
Old 04-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
“It’s obligatory to note that Halstead noticeably isn’t himself — he hasn’t been since the two have ended their “relationship”. While Lindsay’s behavior isn’t as different, she’s making continual effort to validate why her ties with Voight are so significant even though it’s something Halstead knows very well. The one pulling away isn’t Erin, it’s Jay — at one point he’d crack jokes at every opportunity he got, and recently he’s been more reserved. It’s as though he feels he’s invading her privacy with their closeness, but Lindsay’s choice to confide in him and remind him of the fact that Voight’s not just some random person she let get in between them is entirely telling. She’s always kept her feelings less evident, but this was a moment where she was choosing to console his heart.”
"The one pulling away isn’t Erin, it’s Jay."

Literally couldn’t have said it better myself. People are judging Erin for wanting to “cool it” even though she was never the one to say those two words… Jay was. And now it’s evident that he is the one that sort of, not giving up on them, but thinking he won’t ever be the number one man in her life. It’ll always be Voight, and he most likely is intimidated by that.
FanFicitons