Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2015, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFeelingTheLove (View Post)
(...) Jay should be there, too. Hank isn't the only person in her life who cares. It doesn't make his relationship with Erin less important, but it would show that there are other people, Jay especially, who would hate to see her suffer.

And I don't think that Jay must fix her mess for her. I just want him to be there since so much happened this season between them and I find it hard to believe that he would manage to stay away when she's that distressed.
Exactly. There's no reason why both of them couldn't be there for her. It would be a great opportunity to take this triangle relationship to another level. For Hank to see that Jay being close to Erin is not the worst case scenario and for him to look at their connection as something more meaningful that maybe should be given a chance.

Plus if Jay's there only after Hank fixes Erin problems, what would that say about him and about his possible future with Erin? That would put him in such a OOC position after what they've build up between Linstead so far.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
Exactly. There's no reason why both of them couldn't be there for her. It would be a great opportunity to take this triangle relationship to another level. For Hank to see that Jay being close to Erin is not the worst case scenario and for him to look at their connection as something more meaningful that maybe should be given a chance.

Plus if Jay's there only after Hank fixes Erin problems, what would that say about him and about his possible future with Erin? That would put him in such a OOC position after what they've build up between Linstead so far.
It would be totally OOC. And I just don't want the whole season's development of Linstead to mean nothing. There were so many great scenes, meaningful and showing that this relationship is not something ordinary for either of them. Planning the future together.. that includes marriage and marriage means "in good and bad". I just expect to see the beginnings of that..
Good thing we don't have to wait long for the finale.. but then the real wait begins I have such high hopes for s3, hopefully it won't disappoint, and neither will the finale..
Old 05-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

They bring this "have each other's back" thing so often, especially in S2B and for us fans it actually has a deeper meaning and besides 1x06 we haven't really seen them acting on that. Yes, they are ALWAYS having each other back's when partners but I think we can agree it's more than just that and that FULL support finally needs to find its place on the show. Now is the time, writers! Step up and give us something goooooooooooooood.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
They bring this "have each other's back" thing so often, especially in S2B and for us fans it actually has a deeper meaning and besides 1x06 we haven't really seen them acting on that. Yes, they are ALWAYS having each other back's when partners but I think we can agree it's more than just that and that FULL support finally needs to find its place on the show. Now is the time, writers! Step up and give us something goooooooooooooood.
Exactly! It does have a deeper meaning and I actually thought after the break-up that it was foreshadowing something big. He tells her he'll always have her back and then not long after, she goes through one of the hardest periods of her life. What better set-up than this? Idk... My fingers are crossed.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with you guys! I always thought that the "we'll always have each other's back" quote was foreshadowing and it is actually an excellent set-up when you come to think about it. Let's hope tomorrow's episode won't disappoint in that regard.

I don't think they will make a time jump after the season finale though so even if we don't get the reaction we hoped from Jay, it's still possible that he will help her in the beginning of S3.
Like multiple people said, I really think that it'll be Voight/Erin centric tomorrow but there is a tiny chance we get a short Linstead moment.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairtolove02 (View Post)
I agree with you guys! I always thought that the "we'll always have each other's back" quote was foreshadowing and it is actually an excellent set-up when you come to think about it. Let's hope tomorrow's episode won't disappoint in that regard.

I don't think they will make a time jump after the season finale though so even if we don't get the reaction we hoped from Jay, it's still possible that he will help her in the beginning of S3.
Like multiple people said, I really think that it'll be Voight/Erin centric tomorrow but there is a tiny chance we get a short Linstead moment.
Oh yes, even if the finale doesn't have any Linstead in it doesn't mean there won't be in s3. (still it would be nice to have just a little something to keep us going during the hiatus )
I'm sure Jay will step in at some point. It's only been a little while since Nadia's death so Erin has a long way to go and she will interact with Voight and Jay and others while she fights through the darkness. And whatever happens, I can't wait to see Sophia's brilliant acting, and the other actors' too.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I too hope for more Linstead in S3 but I want some kind of...I don't know, closure, remark, connection to what we've witnessed between them this season still before S2 finale credits roll.

On the other hand, we don't know if tomorrow's episode ends on a positive note ( Erin coming back from this darkness ) or something happens that will push her even further away. If the first, I hope Jay is there somehow, if the latter, since the storyline will move over to S3, Jay's part in it as well.

I allowed myself to start a new one.

#28 Linstead

Last edited by lafcia; 05-19-2015 at 10:12 AM