Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2014, 02:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't even mind if they don't get romantic as long as they get to be friends and partners. They have been strangers ever since episode seven and even when Jay needed her, they never let them share any scenes together. I get that they are putting distance there, even Jesse said that they are trying to remain professional but as Sophia said, it just looks as thought they have stopped them completely. She also said that they still care about each other but I haven't seen them care about each for for some time.

Last edited by Mistified; 04-30-2014 at 02:58 AM
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
I don't even mind if they don;t get romantic as long as they get to be friends and partners. They have been strangers ever since episode seven and even when Jay needed her, they never let them share any scenes together. I get that they are putting distance there, even Jesse said that they are trying to remain professional but as Sophia said, it just looks as thought they have stopped them completely. She also said that they still care about each other but I haven't seen them care about each for for some time.
Yeah me either, I would love if they got together but I really want to see them friends and partners. Yeah I wish they would stop playing with our emotions and tell us if there is no hope instead of giving us mixed signals. Right now, we don't know what s2 will bring
Old 04-30-2014, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

The fact of Linseride happening should not be the moment when Linstead stops...It shouldn't be either/or thing...It actually would create more drama if they had E/K and still connected it to Erin/Jay trying to be professional and figure the stuff out.

The recent takes on Linstead sound like a clean cut of this couple and it's weird and out of place....

Still I think it might to rushed opinion on our side and it probably is. Let us find patience for those remaining 4 episodes and them we should get the idea of what really is going on.

The romance crossover does not work bc it's forced and unnatural and it does nothing for both shows ultimately.

Also, I've read somewhere that Linseride go perfect together bc Erin is like Severide equivalent on CPD and I can't see that. Erin is fierce, badass, feisty and straightforward...I see more of her in Casey tbh than in Kelly.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

The thing that bothers me the most is the amount of promoting they gave them getting our hopes up just to then turn around and tell us that they have stopped them. I think that really was just a bait and switch for us and it was unfair but who knows really.

That Erin being the female Severide thing made me laugh because no she isn't the female Severide. As you said, Nika, she is more like Casey. There are no traits there that have Erin being like Severide. But as usual they are telling us and not showing us.

I hope that we have rushed our opinions but I have been getting this feeling since Erin didn't help Jay that much when he got suspended that they were trying to switch it from Linstead to Linseride because they seem to not want to do both. I don;t know many they saw the reaction from Linstead and didn't want that getting in the way of their Linseride that they planned early.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

It's been said that Linstead was stopped bc Erin and Jay together can't work, right? Well for me the question is whether Linseride happened bc Linstead couldn't or Linstead didn't have any chance bc they aready were planning on bringing Linseride on the table. These are 2 different things.

I understand the rules of promotion of a current couple and I get they did it with Linstead when we were getting these cute scenes and they are doing it now when Linseride happend...it's just this sudden jump that worries me...it should be more natural...and if it was forced...Erin turning to Kelly...than it's even more right to still have Linstead possibilty on the table bc Erin is not suddenly realizing she has more feeling for Kelly...she's just running from these she has for Jay.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
The fact of Linseride happening should not be the moment when Linstead stops...It shouldn't be either/or thing...It actually would create more drama if they had E/K and still connected it to Erin/Jay trying to be professional and figure the stuff out. The recent takes on Linstead sound like a clean cut of this couple and it's weird and out of place.... Still I think it might to rushed opinion on our side and it probably is. Let us find patience for those remaining 4 episodes and them we should get the idea of what really is going on. The romance crossover does not work bc it's forced and unnatural and it does nothing for both shows ultimately. Also, I've read somewhere that Linseride go perfect together bc Erin is like Severide equivalent on CPD and I can't see that. Erin is fierce, badass, feisty and straightforward...I see more of her in Casey tbh than in Kelly.
I agree I'll be patiently I can be and see what the eps bring. we don't know what s2 will bring either, I. think with Linseride happening now and getting so heavily promoted, well for me I'm in panic mode. Yeah I don't see any similarities between her and Kelly.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's been said that Linstead was stopped bc Erin and Jay together can't work, right? Well for me the question is whether Linseride happened bc Linstead couldn't or Linstead didn't have any chance bc they aready were planning on bringing Linseride on the table. These are 2 different things. I understand the rules of promotion of a current couple and I get they did it with Linstead when we were getting these cute scenes and they are doing it now when Linseride happend...it's just this sudden jump that worries me...it should be more natural...and if it was forced...Erin turning to Kelly...than it's even more right to still have Linstead possibilty on the table bc Erin is not suddenly realizing she has more feeling for Kelly...she's just running from these she has for Jay.
Linseride was planned from the start because Sophia hinted at it giving an interview on Jan 8 when the show premiered
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

The thing that gets me is how Jesse and Sophia had been tweeting about the tension between Linstead when they asked how their relationships were going.

Chicago P.D. ‏@NBCChicagoPD Apr 9
Halstead: “Just a girl I know.”
Halstead: “How’s it going with the fireman?”
Lindsay: “Taking things slow.”
#ChicagoPD @jesseleesoffer

Jesse lee soffer ‏@jesseleesoffer Apr 10
“@manveerksandhu: I'm still over here shipping #Linstead oops������ @jesseleesoffer @SophiaBush” Never say never

Sophia Bush ‏@SophiaBush Apr 3
What's Halstead gonna do about it? RT @jesseleesoffer This isn't lookin good for the #Linstead fans. Yikes #Linseride #ChicagoPD @SophiaBush

Jesse lee soffer ‏@jesseleesoffer Apr 2
I don't think Halstead would like the look of this.. #Linseride #Linstead #ChicagoPD #DidHalsteadDoIt

These were all done after the series finished and there was still a Linstead hint there, so why the sudden change after that?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
The thing that gets me is how Jesse and Sophia had been tweeting about the tension between Linstead when they asked how their relationships were going. Chicago P.D. ‏@NBCChicagoPD Apr 9 Halstead: “Just a girl I know.” Halstead: “How’s it going with the fireman?” Lindsay: “Taking things slow.” #ChicagoPD @jesseleesoffer Jesse lee soffer ‏@jesseleesoffer Apr 10 “@manveerksandhu: I'm still over here shipping #Linstead oops������ @jesseleesoffer @SophiaBush” Never say never Sophia Bush ‏@SophiaBush Apr 3 What's Halstead gonna do about it? RT @jesseleesoffer This isn't lookin good for the #Linstead fans. Yikes #Linseride #ChicagoPD @SophiaBush Jesse lee soffer ‏@jesseleesoffer Apr 2 I don't think Halstead would like the look of this.. #Linseride #Linstead #ChicagoPD #DidHalsteadDoIt These were all done after the series finished and there was still a Linstead hint there, so why the sudden change after that?
Yeah I don't know about that, they didn't know what the season finale of CF was yet I guessing
Old 04-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

It is new thread time but I can't even think of a title after all this.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

?

bc it may not be now and it may not be soon but Linstead will definitely happen one day.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f21/jay-hals.../#post75762915

Last edited by Mistified; 04-30-2014 at 05:35 AM
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
? bc it may not be now and it may not be soon but Linstead will definitely happen one day.
That sounds like a perfect title