Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jay Halstead|Jesse Lee Soffer #9: Not Matter Whether He is Serious or Goofy, We Want Him As Our Boyfriend!!

welcome to
Jay Halstead | Jesse Lee Soffer
9th appreciation thread

New promo:

Quote:
@jesseleesoffer: SEASON 3 premiers September 30th!! GET PUMPED. Need I say more? #getthelongguns #chicagopd #squad https://t.co/YD7nBljnLo/s/ugua
s u p p o r t e r s

Chastidy / *Stephie* / sunflower 654 / fire for a heart / Watercolors. / onelove.oneheart / deep within me /
Tyla4me / Jamie / Choate / WilSonღFan / Love Unexpected / Walt Reynolds / Lexipedia / xlennie /
Roswell Dream Girl / lafcia / Mistified / hlgreenie / Donna L. Crawford / mint chip / Irthes / - Nina - / JMRamos /
drarry / Crumps5 /
q u o t e s
I love that he's not one thing. I think that's common with all of us. He lives in a gray area. A lot of times on cop shows you're a bad cop or you're a good cop. It's black or white. You're by the books or you're not. And for him every day is a new thing. He's always finding himself in situations where it's like how far are you willing to go to get the job done? And how far are you willing to go to do what you think is right which maybe is against the law? Where do you blur the lines and where does your moral compass take you to accomplish what you think needs to get done?” - Jesse Lee Soffer / Examiner

“I think Jay’s a good cop — not necessarily in the sense of dirty or not, but that he knows how to be a good cop. He gets the job done,” Jesse told HollywoodLife.com in an exclusive interview before the premiere. ”He was in the military and then he became a police officer. There was some heavy stuff that happened in his past which pushed him toward becoming a cop. He’s seen some rough things back in the day. He’s a little cocky — not in a bad way, he just knows he’s good at his job and he can be a little aggressive.” - Jesse Lee Soffer / Hollywood Life

What are you most enjoying about playing Jay Halstead on “Chicago P.D.”?
As an actor it's actually a really challenging job. There's some really fun stuff, and stuff that's been really dynamic and interesting. The way we shoot it we never really know what we're going to get, or where the character is going. So much of it is a surprise and we figure it out as we go; and it keeps me intrigued. That's what I'm really enjoying: the fact that it's constantly changing - Jesse Lee Soffer / Examiner

DESCRIPTION
Jay asked his ex-girlfriend Gabby to marry him. She turned him down and left town.
In the meanwhile he started seeing his partner Erin, and is now madly inlove with her.
Gabby finds out Jay has moved on and comes back to town to tell him she is still in love with him.
Jay tells Erin about Gabby being back, and that she has no need to be worried because he wants her not Gabby.
But Erin sees how he is struggling with Gabby being back and tells him he has a choice to make:
Will he go back to Gabby, who he thought he was going to spend the rest of his life with, or will he choose the Erin, who loves him for who he is, but isen't going to wait forever.

p r e v i o u s t h r e a d s
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 09-16-2015 at 06:34 AM
Old 06-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Donna

Nicky
Old 06-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Donna!
Old 06-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT... and WOW! Thanks for putting my videos in the opening thread! I feel very honered!!
Old 06-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new thread, Donna.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

9 threads!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Donna!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 06-25-2015, 03:15 AM
Total Fan

Erin and Jay are dating, but noone knows because Jay doesn't want to make it official.
Adam really likes Erin, and wants to ask her out.. Erin wants to turn him down because of Jay, but Jay tells her to go for it. This really pisses Erin off, so she decides to follow his advice.
This creates tension between Adam and Jay... To Erins surprise she starts evolving feelings for Adam.
Jay realises he needs to step up to win Erin back, otherwise she will leave him for Adam.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't notice this title before, but I can see it's very "Donna's"
Donna, you and monogamy are not best friends, aren't you?

Just kidding, darling, but I give him to you, I play for the Adam/Paddy war

Nicky
Old 06-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I couldn't help myself, I love him.

Wonderful video.

I get Jay/Jesse.

Donna
Old 06-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You only have to share him with all the others girls in this thread

Nicky
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's right, you do.

'Chicago PD's' Jesse Lee Soffer on His Most 'Emotionally Difficult' Scene and 6 Other Emmy Contender Quickies

Quote:
“Not only are we losing the character … we’re also saying goodbye to our friend,” Soffer tells TheWrap

In “Chicago P.D.,” NBC’s spin-off of its firehouse drama “Chicago Fire,” Jesse Lee Soffer plays Detective Jay Halstead, a former Army Ranger and member of CPD’s
Intelligence Unit.

With the recent spate of news calling attention to police brutality and race relations in America, including the death of Freddie Gray and the subsequent protests in Baltimore, Soffer feels the pressure as an actor to use his position to portray police officers in a fair and positive light.

“For every story we hear in the news, we’re not giving credit to a hundred other stories where a cop just saved a life,” Sofffer said. “I’m very proud to be a part of this show and portray the cops that I know in the light that they deserve.
In an interview with TheWrap, Soffer spoke about that pressure, the show’s major crossover episodes and who else on the show he thinks deserves an Emmy.
Also read: 'Chicago PD's' Sophia Bush on Her Character's Emotional Meltdown and 5 Other Emmy Contender Quickies

TheWrap: What was the toughest thing you had to do this season?

Jesse Lee Soffer: Emotionally, the toughest scene was probably when Nadia died. When we found her body … We find her body in an episode of “SVU,” and that was one of the most emotionally difficult scenes, because not only are we losing the character and dealing with that stuff in the show, but we’re also saying goodbye to our friend who we’ve worked with and isn’t going to be on the show anymore. So that was really tough.

What was the most fun thing you got to do this season?

I love doing fight scenes. There was a great fight scene in, I think it was episode 19. Voight and Halstead are trying to save this kid’s life, and drug cartel guys are trying to kill them … I got to do a pretty gnarly fight scene with one of these guys in the living room, kind of Jason Bourne-style. I really enjoy that stuff.

Let’s assume that somebody has never seen your show. What would you say to persuade them to watch it?

I would tell them that it’s not your average procedural. It’s not a procedural, in fact. It’s a high-impact, high-energy, high-velocity hybrid show. We’re chasing down the bad guys like in “Hill Street Blues,” but the relationships and kind of going deeper into the characters’ lives than you’d see on a normal cop show … We don’t leave any stones unturned.

Who else on your show really deserves an Emmy, and why?

Everyone on our show does great work. Elias Koteas has done some phenomenal stuff and is definitely deserving of an award. Sophia Bush has done some great stuff at the end of the season with her character dealing with Nadia’s death. And obviously Jason Beghe, our fearless leader. And he is truly a fearless leader. He’s always so strong that he deserves an Emmy, absolutely.

Are you a binge-watcher, or a once-a-weeker? What was the last show you binged?

I definitely binge watch. My schedule is so inconsistent and crazy and hectic that if I get a chunk of time, it’s like “Oh sweet, I have three hours, I’m going to watch three episodes of ‘Peaky Blinders’ right now” … I went straight through both seasons of “Peaky Blinders” in about a week. Not even, I think it was maybe three days. It was crazy, I went right through it.

If you could add any new category to the Emmys, serious or silly, what would it be?
Maybe Most Versatile. I think there’s so many actors out there that we see and we know as one thing, but are capable of so much more … Brian Geraghty on our show comes from a big film background, and he has played all sorts of different characters. He’s been in so many movies and shows. And on our show now he’s playing the blue collar, Boy Scout tough guy and it’s a totally new look on him and he’s doing a great job.

As an actor playing a police officer on TV, what has your experience been like with the recent bouts of tension between the police and the rest of society? The situation with Freddie Gray in Baltimore, for instance.

It’s an interesting situation to be in to play a cop on TV and to know so many police officers through our training and our advisors. And to have the obligation and the responsibility of portraying them in a heroic light alongside all of this stuff in the news. The men and women that I’ve worked with on the police force are some of the most honest, heroic and pure human beings I’ve ever met.
For every story we hear in the news, we’re not giving credit to a hundred other stories where a cop just saved a life. Or put his or her life on the line. Or has just changed someone’s day, solved a problem, or done something amazing for the community … I’m very proud to be a part of this show and portray the cops that I know in the light that they deserve.

Quote:
@jesseleesoffer: Casual dinner with friends. @angeliquecabral #classy #manners #tiramisu https://t.co/cn6vV0ed0Z/s/ZlGK m.twitter.com/jesseleesoffer

Old 06-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new one

{}