Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Halstead Brothers { Jay & Will } #1: "You cared. If we care, then whatever happens, it’s for something."

~ Halstead b r o t h e r s ~

Jay & Will

Appreciation Thread

x

“This is my brother Will. If he insists on you calling him Dr. Halstead, you smack him upside the head.” - Jay

x

WILL: My man.
JAY: Shut up.
WILL: You're my hero!

Will: It was all for nothing.
Jay: No. You cared. If we care, then whatever happens? It’s for something. We might not see the effect, but it goes out there and it circulates around. It makes us all better.
Will: My brother, cop and philosopher.

x
(Jay protecting Will)
WILL: I don’t need a lawyer. I didn’t do anything.
JAY: It doesn’t matter. If they want to, they’ll find a way to stitch you up.

Supporters
01. xlennie
02. Chace's Only Kitten
03. Romantic In Denial
04. Jade Lizabetta Lautner
05. Crumps5
06. JM Ramos
07. NicoleRenee

Last edited by Romantic In Denial; 05-24-2016 at 09:19 AM
Old 04-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread! I loved their scenes in the second season when they first introduced Will.

I still want some information on their conversation regarding their parents. I want to know why Jay is not close to his father. Has this been mentioned in Med btw?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. I hope this thread didn't exist yet. I was looking for it but really couldn't find it.

They haven't mentioned anything on Med. We need more on their dad and their mom. Why didn't Will come back?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
You're welcome. I hope this thread didn't exist yet. I was looking for it but really couldn't find it.
I hadn't seen such thread either. I could go through the pages later, but I don't remember seeing it.

Quote:
They haven't mentioned anything on Med. We need more on their dad and their mom. Why didn't Will come back?
I just want to know how the things played out. Like when she died and what did Will and Jay did after that. I think that maybe their dad is not an easy man to get along with and Jay (even though the younger brother) acted as some sort of buffer between Will and their dad. When Jay left and their mother died, Will had to deal with his father on his own and he might have left because he wasn't up to. That's just speculation though.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!! This is the perfect title too! I loved that scene with Jay & Will.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that scene too

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I think that maybe their dad is not an easy man to get along with and Jay (even though the younger brother) acted as some sort of buffer between Will and their dad. When Jay left and their mother died, Will had to deal with his father on his own and he might have left because he wasn't up to. That's just speculation though.
Very possible There are so many ways the writers could go with this. I really hope they explore it soon.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
I loved that scene too
To be honest I love the idea of the scene, but I didn't like the way it was shoot. I love the conversation they had, but I would have preferred if it was closer up and if they were seating and having eye contact than just walking. I think that if this was the case, Jay's words would mean much more to Will. Like imagine the scene they had in Molly's right after Erin came back in Season 3. They were talking one on one. I think that a set up like that would work better for the words they were exchanging.

Quote:
Very possible There are so many ways the writers could go with this. I really hope they explore it soon.
We don't have a chance for Season 3, but at least in Season 4.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for starting the thread. Could I please be added?

Donna
Old 04-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course Donna.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for adding me, Heleen.

Donna
Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

I guess I need to be added as well. Please add me when you have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I love the conversation they had, but I would have preferred if it was closer up and if they were seating and having eye contact than just walking. I think that if this was the case, Jay's words would mean much more to Will. Like imagine the scene they had in Molly's right after Erin came back in Season 3. They were talking one on one. I think that a set up like that would work better for the words they were exchanging.
While I agree that this would be more meaningful for us to view, I think the writers were going for the idea that these are guys. And guys have a hard time saying anything important to each other face to face. So they had Jay speak these beautiful words in the midst of a crowd where it would have been so easy for Will to miss some of it. Nevertheless, this remains for me, one of the best quotes/scenes of the season for Chicago Med.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
While I agree that this would be more meaningful for us to view, I think the writers were going for the idea that these are guys. And guys have a hard time saying anything important to each other face to face. So they had Jay speak these beautiful words in the midst of a crowd where it would have been so easy for Will to miss some of it. Nevertheless, this remains for me, one of the best quotes/scenes of the season for Chicago Med.
You make a great point . You are right! I hadn't seen it from that angle, but it totally makes sense .
Old 04-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Koni!

Old 04-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I added you Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
Very good point indeed. He might not have responded with that if they were sitting across from each other, all close up and stuff.

I also love this quote so much. Definitely one of the best