Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never saw Golden Boy - I don't think I've ever seen her in anything. But she is definitely incredible as Nadia. And she cast as a recurring character, so I'm happy that we'll see her again.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

she did a great job and sophia....she is amazing she can play everything!

"It feels damn good, at 31, to finally feel so comfortable in my skin!" - Sophia Bush
I'm Roby avie by me
Old 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Such a good episode.

I pretty much enjoyed all the scenes. I'm glad that after episode 4, I still want to watch the show and know more.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

This show is getting by the episode and if the ratings are anything to go by, most viewers feel the same.

Voight's son is a petulant dick. He comes off as a spoilt rich kid trying to act street. That being said, I did feel for a him a small bit because I get the impression that after Voight's wife died he turned a blind eye on his son. Even when Justin was throwing his hissy fit and asking Voight to listen to him, Voight just walked away. It's not in anyway excusing the Casey situation from Fire last season but it's nice to get a small bit more insight into it from Voight's side. Also, interesting that Erin is the golden child now and when they first found her she was obviously a mess. I'm assuming that resentment between Justin vs Hank and Erin will remain a factor for the next few episodes.

I'm assuming Nadia was supposed to mirror Erin's past life. When she handed the business card over and said she'd help her get a better life I got the impression that she was quoting what Voight originally said to her. Great closing scene with Sophia. She's really owning this character.

Jesse Lee Soffer really surprised me tonight with that final scene talking to Antonio. I would never have guessed from watching that awful Mob Doctor show that he could actually act. I have a feeling that he's definetly going to step over the line again with that family. It's definitely not over.

Olinksy and his daughter were cute. Did the daughter remind anyone else of Katie, Severide's missing sister?

Antonio and Ruzek didn't have too much to do tonight but I liked Ruzek getting kicked in the nuts and Antonio's talk with Jay at the end of the episode.

Burgess and Atwater finally had a case. I really like them as characters and love the little friendship they have but they may as well be on a different show.

Sidenote, I love that the characters drink in Molly's regularly. I prefer having Molly as the central crossover character once it doesn't hog all the storylines like it does on Fire.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Antonio and Ruzek didn't have too much to do tonight but I liked Ruzek getting kicked in the nuts
I literally choked because I was laughing so hard during the locker room scene. Not only was I surprised you saw so much () but you could tell Jesse was having a hard time staying in character.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it was such a funny scene.

Small thing but I loved how obviously uncomfortable Antonio looked when Jay was more or less confiding in him about the kid case. I'm glad he have him advice but you could tell he was reluctant to get too involved with the discussion.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't catch that, actually. Have to rewatch that scene
Old 01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

It's just the way I interpreted it but I thought it was a nice character moment.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I rewatched it and you're totally right. He seemed really uncomfortable. But do you think that was because he doesn't agree with Jay being so hotheaded about it, or just that subject matter being the death (and possible molestation) of a young boy?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

I got the impression that Antonio as a more experienced police officer has probably learned to seperate work and home life or at least aims to do that. He was having a beer after work and probably just didn't want to get into a deep conversation on the matter as he could see that Jay was already riled up over it.

Then there's also the fact that his son was only recently snatched so the subject matter probably made him uncomforatble.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think Voight and Antonio are both trying to calm him down... It has to do with what he told Lindsay when she asked him how he dealt with people dying I guess, he said something along the lines of taking it out on people who didn't deserve it. That sort of tells me he has trouble coping, and that he's someone who will take all his work home.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah I remember that. I think that's what it is. He has so much pent up aggression that it's bound to all blow up soon.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooooooh, exciting!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Such a fantastic episode!

Every week gets better and better!

Diana
Old 02-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero