Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bumping this thread!! He does need a little love.

I rewatched the Fire episode yesterday where he gets shot (S1). Jon is so good in that one.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
You shouldn't be ashamed at all. The show is terrible at giving all cast members equal storylines. Same with the other Chicago shows.
I think that they were a little bit better in the first two seasons, but now in the third they just lost the balance so much that it would take efforts to come back. I feel like aside Lindsay and to a lesser extent Voight all others are pushed to the backside.

I mean even Linstead and Burzek actually don't have that much of meaningful story. Antionio, Al, Kevin are all totally in the back. And Jay had one episode where he got to shine and that was it.

Sometimes they write episode where they focus on the victims and it's too much for me because I wouldn't see again the victim so I don't need to spend 10 minutes on that character. At least 5 of those minutes could be about the CPD characters that we love and that we watch the show for.

As for Antonio I know that it is hard to include scenes with his family because the actors are out of town but they could give him for example some story out of work - it could be about the gym or new woman in his life. I mean the guy is divorced for more than a year already. We should see him move on or at least mention something about this.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree. I remember in season 1 the show was kind of focused on Voight/Antonio too, I kind of miss that. The show had scenes between characters all the time, so you could really see how close they were. Like Antonio/Alvin, or Ruzek/Alvin, we don't really get that anymore now. I wish they would kind of look back at what they intended to do and incorporate that into the current season a bit. And I agree that aside from mostly Lindsay and a little bit of Voight, we don't really get a focus on the other characters as much and it's a shame. The show has so many talented regulars that get little to nothing to do, and this is especially true for Kevin/Laroyce. I really hope they find a way back to the little bit of balance they had in season 1. And I agree they should make it a point to give us some personal storylines for (members of) the team in every episode.

I hope they do revisit Antonio's divorce or his family soon. It was nice to see Diego a few weeks ago, but then they totally act like Eva doesn't exist which is very weird. Also, we barely hear anything about his gym. Why create that storyline if you're not going to do anything with it?
Old 04-10-2016, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I hope that they will balance it out because honestly the more they focus on only one character, the more I will feel get fed of the character. And I think that not small part of the fans will feel the same way.

Most of us liked the show because of all characters and their interactions. Sure we have favorites, but as long as there is balance for the most of the time we are OK with it. The moment it gets one man type of show only the fans that have this character for favorite will like it and that won't be good.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Double post. Fanforum is slow again.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I hope that they will balance it out because honestly the more they focus on only one character, the more I will feel get fed of the character. And I think that not small part of the fans will feel the same way.

Most of us liked the show because of all characters and their interactions. Sure we have favorites, but as long as there is balance for the most of the time we are OK with it. The moment it gets one man type of show only the fans that have this character for favorite will like it and that won't be good.
True. I know many people are starting to get annoyed with Lindsay because the show focuses on her so heavily.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
True. I know many people are starting to get annoyed with Lindsay because the show focuses on her so heavily.
I know I'm getting annoyed from time to time and I like her . I can't imagine how the fans that don't have her as a favorite feel.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here.

I just want more Antonio now.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What are the stories you want to see concerning him?
Old 04-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly: anything.

More about his family, more with Gabby, more about his gym, anything with him + another team member.

I'll take anything.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

It would be great to see more of his family or a love interest!! If that doesn't happen, just more scenes with his team - one on one would be the best.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, definitely. Or a scene with one of his CIs, I liked that in S1.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have the impression that when they have scenes with Gabby, it's usually in CF and not CPD.

I know that the logistics for getting his family mentioned is not easy, but at least make him talking to them over phone you know. It's still something and it's still about him being a father. That has always been important to him.

I also would be interested to see him in the gym more. You know they might get back this daughter of Olinsky and show them training. This way we see Antonio and it could give us some scenes between him and Olinsky.

Also I would love to see more of Jay/Antonio's friendship. It was definitely shown in Season 1. In Season 3 we just had two very very very subtle scenes. It would be good if they show us something more.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have the impression that when they have scenes with Gabby, it's usually in CF and not CPD.
True. Did you know Jon has been in over 30 episodes of Fire? That's insane.

And I would love to see any of Antonio's friendships be further developed.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True. Did you know Jon has been in over 30 episodes of Fire? That's insane.

And I would love to see any of Antonio's friendships be further developed.
30!?!?! That's a lot but probably it's because Gabby is his sister. So everyone from Fire thinks of him first and calls on him when there's a problem.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread