Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 4x20 - "Grasping for Salvation"

Airs Weds. April 26 at 10PM EST

Voight Learns He May Have Put an Innocent Man in Prison

Chicago PD 4x20 "Grasping for Salvation" Season 4 Episode 20 Promo - While investigating the murder of a teenage boy, Voight (Jason Beghe) finds a connection with the murder weapon - linking it to a case that he worked on 17 years ago. While the victim's father (guest star Philip Casnoff), a prominent defense attorney, tries to get the case taken over by Area Central Homicide, Voight digs back into the old case under the watchful eye of his former partner, Lieutenant Denny Woods (guest star Mykelti Williamson). Also starring Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton. Guest starring Brian Keane, Bowman Wright and Dana Ashbrook.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Voight really does have a conscience. He was truly appalled that he was partly responsible for an innocent man being sent away to prison. However, it was the lieutenant who made all of those questionable arrests. I'm glad he was exposed in the end. Too bad that Valentine won't give Voight the time of day. While he won't speak to him, I know his daughter appreciates his help getting her father freed.

Loved Erin taking charge of the unit. Command suits her.

BTW she and Jay are acting like strangers. Hopefully we get a glimpse into their drama next week. I just want to know that Jay is getting his straight and wants to be back with Erin. Hate this break up.

On a final note - I MISS BURGESS!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-29-2017, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
Voight really does have a conscience. He was truly appalled that he was partly responsible for an innocent man being sent away to prison. However, it was the lieutenant who made all of those questionable arrests. I'm glad he was exposed in the end. Too bad that Valentine won't give Voight the time of day. While he won't speak to him, I know his daughter appreciates his help getting her father freed.
I liked the fact that Valentine did not forgive Voight though. It was realistic. The guy spent 17 years in jail for something he did not do. It's normal for him to be pissed. It takes time for such things.

That being said Voight does have conscience when he is not the guilty one. It's a different matter when he is the one crossing the line.

Quote:
Loved Erin taking charge of the unit. Command suits her.
Surprisingly it was good. I don't always like when the writers put Erin in the front, but this episode it worked out quite well.
Quote:
BTW she and Jay are acting like strangers. Hopefully we get a glimpse into their drama next week. I just want to know that Jay is getting his straight and wants to be back with Erin. Hate this break up.
I would not say that they act like complete strangers. I actually loved the look they exchanged when Voight told her that she would take a command on this. We did not see them talking about their personal lives, but I don't think that it would have fit in this particular episode. I still want to see a glimpse of what's going on on the personal front though.

Quote:
On a final note - I MISS BURGESS!!
I guess we won't know what's going on with Burzek until next season because well there is no Burgess.

Talking about Ruzek I loved the scene where Atwater was keeping the medical examiner busy so that Ruzek could unlock the iPhone .

And one slight critique. I love Jesse, but his acting choice in the way he delivered the line with making the connection between the father and son was weird. There was no need to be that dramatic. I did love him kicking the door and his snarky comment to the question who is it though. That was funny .
Old 05-01-2017, 06:00 AM
Passionate Fan

It was a different to see Voight like this. I still think of how he treated Casey way back in the beginning. So I still don’t completely trust him and his motives sometimes. It really was a shame that the case wasn’t investigated a little more thoroughly. The wife said she remembered seeing a white guy that come in the store, but was surprised when a black guy was arrested. I wonder why that didn’t come up the trial.

I agree Koni; it was realistic that Valentine didn’t forgive Voight. I know everyone wants the happy ending where he is thanking Voight for all he did, but the reality is that he gave up 17 years of his life that he doesn’t get back. So I understand that he would still be bitter.

I think Jay & Erin were just doing their jobs and not letting anything personal come up. I know everyone is dying for them to get back together, but I think they were just being professionals.

I loved Atwater distracting the medical examiner so Ruzek could get the guy’s thumb print for the phone.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
It was a different to see Voight like this. I still think of how he treated Casey way back in the beginning. So I still don’t completely trust him and his motives sometimes.
Same happens for me . That's why I said that Voight has conscience when he is not the one being involved. I still remember what he did to Casey for Justin so I would not proclaim Voight as totally nice guy.

Quote:
It really was a shame that the case wasn’t investigated a little more thoroughly. The wife said she remembered seeing a white guy that come in the store, but was surprised when a black guy was arrested. I wonder why that didn’t come up the trial.
I wonder that too . Though if you think about it Valentine most probably did not have money so he relied on public defenders. As bad as it sounds with the Innocence project and all that we know that people were wrongly on death penalty for something they did not do. So I guess the idea of Valentine being wrongly convicted was not that hard to believe. The fact that Voight's partner did so much to set him up though and how it was not caught on trial was a little bit weird.

Quote:
I agree Koni; it was realistic that Valentine didn’t forgive Voight. I know everyone wants the happy ending where he is thanking Voight for all he did, but the reality is that he gave up 17 years of his life that he doesn’t get back. So I understand that he would still be bitter.
True . And I am glad that they left it this way.

Quote:
I think Jay & Erin were just doing their jobs and not letting anything personal come up. I know everyone is dying for them to get back together, but I think they were just being professionals.
And I like this about them. I like the fact that they don't let their personal problems interfere with their job. It's one of the reasons I could potentially buy them being partners on the job and a romantic couple.

Quote:
I loved Atwater distracting the medical examiner so Ruzek could get the guy’s thumb print for the phone.
It was so hilarious .