Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 4x19 - "Last Minute Resistance"

Airs Weds. April 5 at 10PM EST

A Sexual Assault Hits Close to Home for Intelligence

Chicago PD 4x19 "Last Minute Resistance" Season 4 Episode 19 Promo - After encouraging her sister to spend a night out with friends, Burgess (Marina Squerciati) wakes to find that Nicole (guest star Jules Willcox) never made it home. As the guilt begins to eat at Burgess, the team in Intelligence bands together to make finding Nicole their main priority. The case kicks into high gear when she is found clinging to life in an El station. Also starring Jason Beghe, Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton. Guest starring Monica Barbaro and Torrey DeVitto.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was amazing I was really impressed with Marina's acting here, she did great.

I'm glad Voight allowed Burgess to work the case and go undercover, I think given the circumstances she kept it together pretty well, for most of the episode.

I liked that Burgess and Lindsay went undercover together, I'd love to see them working together more often.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

OMG!! Marina owned this episode. I didn't think I could love her more but she proved me wrong! I do love her more! She was focused and fierce and in the end, she brought down the bad guys (with Erin) and kicked some ass. Burzek had a couple of little moments working together that I'm content with - for now.

Small as it was, I absolutely loved the scene with Platt, Erin and Kim!! The lipstick weapon was awesome! I want more Platt!!

Did anyone else cheer when she pinned Rachel's soon to be ex to the wall? I did. He was a scheming jerk and deserved every bit of her wrath and the accompanying threat of who had her back.

The case was horrific! Voight did not disappoint when he confronted the seminar sleazebag. He also did good with his ultimate compliment to Kim about her role in Intelligence. I'll miss her the rest of the season but I'm also glad that she is stepping up for her sister and niece. There's a link to nice article in the Kim thread that gives Marina's opinion on this episode.

On a side note - Linstead are still in limbo as far as I can tell.

My opinions are all over the place and are not in order of the scenes at all. Another great scene was Erin and Jay questioning the suspect, or rather Erin doing the questioning. I could feel her animosity and intense anger, rooting for her to nail that slime to the wall.

Last edited by Romantic In Denial; 04-06-2017 at 06:23 AM
Old 04-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow!! This episode was really good! Burgess really did show another side to herself. She was very determined.

That seminar guy….what a ! Unfortunately, I think there are men that actually believe what this guy was saying.

I understand her pinning the soon to ex-husband up against the wall. I know she was thinking that because there was a PI following her sister that cost them some time in finding the real guys. Of course she was ticked off that he hired a PI when he was apparently the one cheating.

I heard Marina in interview (I think FB live she did yesterday) say that there was a point where Burgess crosses the line. She probably did cross a line when it came to her job, but I think she did to the guy what all women would like to do a rapist. I kind of liked at first Olinsky and Ruzek just stood back let her continue to beat the crap out of that guy before they stopped her.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
OMG!! Marina owned this episode. I didn't think I could love her more but she proved me wrong! I do love her more! She was focused and fierce and in the end, she brought down the bad guys (with Erin) and kicked some ass. Burzek had a couple of little moments working together that I'm content with - for now.

Small as it was, I absolutely loved the scene with Platt, Erin and Kim!! The lipstick weapon was awesome! I want more Platt!!

Did anyone else cheer when she pinned Rachel's soon to be ex to the wall? I did. He was a scheming jerk and deserved every bit of her wrath and the accompanying threat of who had her back.

The case was horrific! Voight did not disappoint when he confronted the seminar sleazebag. He also did good with his ultimate compliment to Kim about her role in Intelligence. I'll miss her the rest of the season but I'm also glad that she is stepping up for her sister and niece. There's a link to nice article in the Kim thread that gives Marina's opinion on this episode.

My opinions are all over the place and are not in order of the scenes at all. Another great scene was Erin and Jay questioning the suspect, or rather Erin doing the questioning. I could feel her animosity and intense anger, rooting for her to nail that slime to the wall.
Came here to share my thoughts, but after reading your post I can save myself some time to say: Fully agreed! Loved the episode and Marina owned this episode for sure.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Came here to share my thoughts, but after reading your post I can save myself some time to say: Fully agreed! Loved the episode and Marina owned this episode for sure.
Awww - thank you!! One of PD's best episodes to date!!

Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
It was nice to have episode focused on her . I loved the Burzek scenes as well . The only weird scene for me was the one with Hank and Kim where Kim mentioned Justin. It was unrealistic of Hank to react that calmly. So that scene did not ring true to me.

Quote:
Shame we did not see Platt more, but what we saw was really awesome .

Quote:
It was a great scene! I loved it!

Quote:
The case was horrific! Voight did not disappoint when he confronted the seminar sleazebag.
It was . I mean seriously when women say No, we mean No. I hate when people turn it around and say no they meant Yes, but just wanted to be challenge. No, we meant No.

Quote:
He also did good with his ultimate compliment to Kim about her role in Intelligence. I'll miss her the rest of the season but I'm also glad that she is stepping up for her sister and niece. There's a link to nice article in the Kim thread that gives Marina's opinion on this episode.
I am OK with her having some time off. Marina needs it and well Kim needs it too.
Quote:
They are . That's for sure, but I guess it's understandable.

Quote:
I loved that scene for a lot of reasons. I like both the way Jay and Erin acted. I mean I liked that Jay was totally professional. I could see that he was disgusted by the guy, but he kept it under control. I liked the fact that Erin didn't and I liked the fact that Jay stopped her.

Also even though they are in limbo I still like the way they say each other's names. Like when Erin called Jay when they found out the body or the way he called for her in the end to stop her. Subtle, but really powerful acting.

Also I liked the Undercover scenes in the bar and then apartment. Loved the way Marina played the scene where she beat up the sleazebag and the fact that Alvin stopped her.