Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago Med - 2x17 - "Monday Mourning"

Chicago Med 9:00 PM Thursday March 16, 2017

"After the Shocking Loss of One of Their Own, the Team Struggles to Heal. "

Chicago Med 2x17 "Monday Mourning" Season 2 Episode 17 Promo - Dr. Choi (Brian Tee) and Dr. Halstead (Nick Gehlfuss) face off over how to treat a patient with stroke symptoms while Dr. Manning (Torrey DeVitto) treats a young boy who fell in the river and watches the family turmoil unfold. Meanwhile, Dr. Rhodes (Collin Donnell) examines the man who saved Dr. Manning's patient and emphasizes the importance of learning from your mistakes to Dr. Reese (Rachel DiPillo). S. Eptha Merkerson, Marlyne Barrett, Yaya DaCosta and Oliver Platt also star.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. What an episode. I knew that Dr. Wheeler was having problems but I thought he was just gonna quit. Not commit suicide That was sad and tragic and it was interesting to see how we got to see how everyone coped with it.

Is this the writers way of not having to see Tate again? Couldn't they just make them work it out and we just hear April talk about him once in a while? Sad.

Talk about doctors doing everything they can! They took turns doing compressions for go knows how long! They were awesome and that lady was so mean to Dr. Manning. Good thing she apologized. We don't even know what happened to the guy who saved the boy??!

It was and always is good to see Jay

Dr. Choi and Dr. Halstead dealt with their grief in totally different ways. Poor Reese. It was nice of her to ask Dr. Charles how HE was feeling. I love their relationship.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I knew someone was going to commit suicide and had a feeling it was going to be that young doctor, but I was totally shocked that it happened in the first scene. No one saw it coming and they all felt guilty in their own way that they couldn't help him. The saddest part was his father coming to pack up his locker.

I didn't want April to end it with Tate. That really made me sad. I can see her point though, about him trivializing her work.

Dr. Rhodes did surgery on the guy who saved the boy. It wasn't real clear, Jo, but he called in Sarah to show the extra problem he found in his heart. Although they didn't say for sure, I think the surgery was a success.

Good episode but very sad on many levels.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised no one else commented on this episode!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure that many are fans of Med. Maybe there are too many medical shows out there - I should know since I watch them all.

It seems PD is the favorite.