Supernatural
Old 02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Harry Potter
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Agents Of Shield though I need a break from it when it comes back the week after next because season two is nothing but a let down so far.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm right there with you. Season 2 of AoS has been such a let down so far.
I'm not loving it! I get that the atmosphere is darker because of Hydra and Skye discovering her inhuman powers but the team is falling apart and they don't have each other's back anymore. Besides, Coulson is getting on my nerves and he is acting like a hypocrite most of the time now.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you for that because I thought I was the only person that felt like that. Coulson is a big hypocrite and i'm tired of the double standards there. They no longer have each others backs and the friendships have all been ruined. They have brought in so many new characters and Fitz, Simmons, Ward and May have become guest starts in their own show. I just miss them having each others backs. There were episodes that Ward was not even in. It's funny because in one I would critisize Chicago PD and say they should follow the way AOS can write a team and now it's the other way round.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with you, 100%. I fell in love with Agents of SHIELD last season because the writers did an AMAZING job writing solid friendships inside of a corporation. I even considered it as one of the best shows out there, especially because of that. But then, Ward was revealed to be a mole inside of SHIELD and it went downhill.
People hate him (I don't hate him at all because I understand what brought him there and the abuse he suffered his whole life), I can accept the bashing BUT I cannot tolerate the way Coulson treated him in the basement. That was BEYOND awful to witness and it made me so angry. In fact, SHIELD ain't better than Hydra when it comes to treating people with respect and integrity.
I love the new characters but they have too much screentime compared to the main cast, which is honestly infuriating for the fans. And the writers are screwing up Ward's character big time, in the most terrible way.
I thought we were heading towards redemption for him... guess I was completely wrong.
Anyways, glad I am not the only one thinking like that either.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

That is great to see other people don't hate Ward. I love him. I think he is the typical marvel antihero and I still root for him but the way he was treated in the basement was terrible, especially when they sold him to his abusive brother. The show lost me almost because they tried to make us guess who the real abuser was, Grant or Christian, even though they showed us flashbacks in season one, and I think they have been irresponsible with handling abuse victims. I don't think that we will get much Ward this season and i'm getting sick of him being used for shock factor rather than giving him a good redemption.

I also hate that Fitz was so isolated and that no one gave him that much consideration or attention too. I love teh new cast but I wanted to see how they all felt about Fitz, how they felt about Ward and why has no one questioned why Ward did what he did and why haven't the main characters from season season one really spoken to each other. It is a mess.

They have added more to the cast and I know that means that screentime is going to suffer for a few of them.

Season one had been one of the greatest seasons but season two is just terrible.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
That is great to see other people don't hate Ward. I love him. I think he is the typical marvel antihero and I still root for him but the way he was treated in the basement was terrible, especially when they sold him to his abusive brother. The show lost me almost because they tried to make us guess who the real abuser was, Grant or Christian, even though they showed us flashbacks in season one, and I think they have been irresponsible with handling abuse victims. I don't think that we will get much Ward this season and i'm getting sick of him being used for shock factor rather than giving him a good redemption.

I also hate that Fitz was so isolated and that no one gave him that much consideration or attention too. I love teh new cast but I wanted to see how they all felt about Fitz, how they felt about Ward and why has no one questioned why Ward did what he did and why haven't the main characters from season season one really spoken to each other. It is a mess.
SO TRUE!! I couldn't agree with you more than I do. Abuse is a very very sensitive topic that needs to be exploited with all the attention and carefulness it deserves. Sadly, they handled it pretty terribly and rather poorly. I even read online that abuse victims IRL were offended by the way the writers took advantage of the situation to treat Ward as a monster and not give him the psychiatric help he so desperately needed. Talk about a massive disaster!! I'm still rooting for him because I have hope that he can be saved. Like it was uttered several times in season 1, anyone capable of love is capable of being saved from the darkness. Ward is among those people. He got attached to the team (despite his betrayal) and he truly loved Skye. I believe he still does and he is also willing to do anything to protect her and keeps his promises to her. But above Skye, HE isn't a lost cause. Someone just has to trust him enough to show him that there is light in front of him and that he can still choose that path if he wants to. That might finally help him to find his real identity, as a human being free of all the negative influences that surrounded him his whole life.

Fitz was isolated from the rest of the group and he dearly suffered from the lack of support. He felt diminished and useless which made me cringe all along because DAMN IT, did anyone care or even notice his utter distress?

Like you stated, the first part of the season was a huge mess and I feel really disappointed and deceived.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

You and I feel the same about this show because like you said it was badly done and irresponsible of them. I mean they actually gave Skye a line to tell Ward to try harder to commit suicide and that for me was just terrible of them to write it because I don't care how many bad things one person did you don't tell a suicidal person to try harder. I believe that he loved all of them but I'm hoping that he just focuses on himself especially after being shot by Skye, and them not really being interested in finding out why he did certain things. But I have a feeling that him and Agent 33/Kara are going to be made to be the 'villains' or a threat.

I also feel that May is just used to support Coulson and that is sad because she is such a great character and she is nothing more than Coulson's soldier, but I hope things change but I have no excitement anymore with this show. This season has been terrible.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Waist Deep
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ugh, I don't want Ward and Agent 33 to become the public enemies nor do I want them to become "a thing", if you know what I mean. I'm absolutely not looking forward to that. It sounds gross, just thinking about it.
I'm not against them figuring out who they individually are while being on the loose somewhere together though.

I agree about May. She is one the most underrated characters on the show and she deserves more to do, aside from complying to Coulson's every request. We barely saw her acting on her guts this season. A shame.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Any TVD fans here? Big changes ahead with Nina leaving.. Trevino is also leaving but he gets like a scene every five episodes so probably doesn't make a huge difference..

My Tumblr
My Twitter