Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

ITA Jo and Ally. Makes me mad.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 09-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
I still don't understand why the kiss wasn't addressed one or another.
I suspect the original plan was to have a Burzek working their way to a reunion when Ruzek returned from undercover but they changed it with Marina's pregnancy. Burgess was more or less background for most of the episodes between Ruzek's return and the episode of her departure after the Burzek/Burgess promotion storyline being front and centre prior to that.

I'm not 100% sure why but perhaps there were limitations as to what Marina could do while pregnant or simply didn't want to put them together just to separate them when Marina left for maternity leave.

The spoilers (limited as they are) kind of feel like how the storyline might have played out in S4 with Burgess trying to prove herself, focus on her job, but the feelings between Burzek still there type thing. I get the feeling that they and Brettonio may be the two slow burn reunions / couple focuses of the season (or perhaps I'm hoping as they are my two favourite couples in the One Chicago universe).

Last edited by Babyloveau03; 09-16-2017 at 10:18 PM
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds like a great explanation. I could see her pregnancy hindering some SLs.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

I love slow burns so let's keep our fingers crossed for that.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Can you guys add me to the list?? I've always loved these two, and they are most definitely my favorite couple in the Chicago universe. I really hope they get these two back together this season.
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 09-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
Can you guys add me to the list?? I've always loved these two, and they are most definitely my favorite couple in the Chicago universe. I really hope they get these two back together this season.
You're added. I hope you stop by often. I love Burzek too and am hoping for the best this season.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Don't worry, I definitely plan to drop in.

I'm bummed SB left the show, but I'm seriously hoping that means more screen time for Kim and hopefully Burzek as well.

I still can't believe they left us in limbo after that kiss...
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 09-26-2017, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
Don't worry, I definitely plan to drop in.

I'm bummed SB left the show, but I'm seriously hoping that means more screen time for Kim and hopefully Burzek as well.

I still can't believe they left us in limbo after that kiss...
That kiss was epic and not to follow up is torture!!!

Old 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well that was not a good turn for our ship. Why do they do this to us.

JohnAeryn

ClarkLois--ZaneJo--SamAndy--SydVaughn--RuzekBurgess--HookEmma
Old 09-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere girl (View Post)
Well that was not a good turn for our ship. Why do they do this to us.
I say not to despair over Kim and Adam, read this excerpt from the interview that was released after the episode:

Quote:
There was also some movement on the romantic front, when Burgess (Marina Squerciati) informed ex-fiance Ruzek (Patrick John Flueger) that she was seeming someone new despite their kiss midway through season four.
Quote:
New Chicago P.D. showrunner Rick Eid answered all of THR's burning questions about Burgess and Ruzek's "intense romantic connection,"
Quote:
Burgess also revealed in this episode that she's dating someone else. Why did you decide not to revisit the Burgess-Ruzek pairing after their kiss in season four?

This is a big season for Burgess as a cop. She always wanted to be in Intelligence and missed her first shot at the unit largely because of her romantic relationship with Ruzek This season she’s determined to focus on her career more than her love life, but once again they will intersect.

Is this person someone viewers already know? If and when will viewers see them together this season?

No, it isn’t someone that viewers have seen already.

What else can you say about this mystery man? How is her relationship with this new person different from her relationship with Ruzek?

I think Ruzek and Burgess will always have a very intense romantic connection. I wouldn’t give up on them just yet.
The rest is here: X

I already imagined something like that, but with the exit of Erin and Linstead on pause, the main couple in the series are Burzek, so they will have those problems, but I believe that from the second part of the season they will find their way back one the other.

The Rogue Prince
Old 09-28-2017, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the interview. As much as I want Burzek together, I can understand Burgess wanting to focus on being a cop for now.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

In the episode thread, I mentioned that perhaps Kim merely said that to keep Adam at arm's length. Now that her dream career is before her, she can't afford to be distracted........no matter how much she still cares. At some point I can see the chemistry begin to work once again. So, Clarice83, I'm not despairing, just hoping for the best. Let's see if love conquers all.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the interview excerpts!

For some reason, I feel pretty chill about the "boyfriend" (love the idea of her just saying that to keep Adam at arms length, but who knows). I agree, now that Linstead is over, Burzek is bumped to the main couple. Their midseason kiss was before Linstead was off the table.

I still believe their intention was to start bringing them back together when they weren't the main couple after Kim's maternity leave. But now things have changed and throwing roadblocks in their way is just main couple territory in tv land. Milking the drama while they can.

And I'm a sucker for angst. So I say bring it on. Let Burgess focus on her career for the first half of the season. Let Adam pine a little bit. Then bring back together the second half of the season. Do that, and I will be a very happy camper.
Lyns
Old 09-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope that is the case and they're going for a slow burn. I don't mind some angst, but when they start pairing off the couple with other people, that's when I start to worry. lol I'm just going to go with it for now and hope for the best.

JohnAeryn

ClarkLois--ZaneJo--SamAndy--SydVaughn--RuzekBurgess--HookEmma
Old 09-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder if Kim made up the boyfriend, I just hope if he is real he's not like that other cop who's name escapes me right now