Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 AM
New Fan

The writers have shown that they have zero idea on how to write relationships so I think they should just stop trying tbh. Both relationships on this show have just ended in the stupidest way possible and so out of the blue. It was like they decided 'bang' we need drama let's wreck this.

Next season they need to focus on developing the other characters that haven been woefully neglected and work to repair Halstead to the decent character he was in season 1. They really did a number on him this season in particular and his reason to propose was just ridiculous and something that season 1 Halstead would never have done. He needs to be single again because the Linstead relationship basically killed his character development.

I am fully prepared that Lindsay doesn't leave but I really hope she is on the back burner next season and Ruzek, Atwater, Olinsky, Burgess, & Halstead et al get some serious non romantic development & ongoing storylines.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I really don't think that Sophia is leaving. They wanted a cliffhanger and this is want they went with. I didn't think I saw the writers going down the marriage road with Erin and Jay. So I was little surprised when I saw he was planning on proposing. My first thought was not the right time now. That's not the right reason to get married. I just wish they would have shown a little more of what Jay had been dealing with since he moved out instead having him all of sudden decide to propose. There are some missing pieces. I know the focus isn't on the personal relationship on PD but they definitely miss continuity sometimes.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

The proposal thing was so random - like even when they were solid I didn't think marriage was ever going to come into it.

I agree about giving Atwater (especially), Ruzek and Olinksky more to do. I don't think Burgess has ever suffered for storylines. Halstead was fine until he randomly announced he was married and dumped Lindsay. I don't blame the Limdstead ship for that - more so the nonsensical way they broke them up. I think we're supposed to think they're dysfunctional now though from Wills reaction to his proposing.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm starting wonder if Tracy is replacing Erin instead cause we know Burgess will be back.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I think. If they up her to regular before summer is back then I reckon that's the plan. It's like when they wrote Shay out and replaced her with Sylvie.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

I would miss her if she didn't return next season.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-19-2017, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Yeah having Tracy join the squad certainly puts Erin's return in doubt.

She did take that DEA job awhile ago and decided to came back.

This time feels different, maybe she gets her own spinoff?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to One Chicago Langdon Alger. We love new posters!

Hope it's not a spinoff for Sophia - it wouldn't work for me. It seems different because Erin seems really torn and doesn't want to leave. I have no idea how she can stay and still be part of Intelligence but that has never stopped our writers before. Somehow they make the impossible happen and sometimes not in a good way. Let's hope for some really, really good writing for next season.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-22-2017, 10:18 PM
New Fan

Thanks Romantic.

You're probably right, the writers will spin it so that Erin can return to Intelligence. Probably a lot of fans would stop watching if she left.

I would watch an Erin Lindsay spin off though
Old 05-23-2017, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

They just cancelled Justicr so I reckon NBC are down with Spinoffs for now.

Did we actually see her lose her badge? I thought that the committee hadn't decided..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 06-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

I have been reading several articles that Sophia is off the show, I don't want to believe it though