Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 4x18 - "Little Bit of Light"

Airs Weds. March 29 at 10PM EST

A Crime Videographer's Murder Shows Ties to a Wealthy Chicago Family

Chicago PD 4x18 "Little Bit of Light" Season 4 Episode 18 Promo - When Chicago's “Night Crawler” Bobby Trent (guest star Michael B. Woods) is murdered over a single piece of mysterious footage, Intelligence must investigate one of Chicago's wealthiest families -- uncovering a lineage of old money and secrets. Meanwhile, Burgess's (Marina Squerciati) sister Nicole (guest star Jules Willcox) arrives at the District for a visit, and presents an icy attitude towards Ruzek (Patrick John Flueger). Also starring Jason Beghe, Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton. Guest starring Kim Shaw, Chris Agos and Patrick Page.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

This week's case was pretty intense. Kim Shaw did great though, love that she was in this episode

I loved the opening scene with Ruzek and Burgess

I felt bad for Jay when Voight confronted him about Erin. I don't think their separation is really affecting their jobs. Either way I hope they work it out soon

I really liked the scene towards the end with Burgess and her niece.

It was really sweet that Voight arranged for the little girl to see her father. I feel like we don't get to see that side of Voight too often so that was nice.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

That first scene with Burzek was funny. The moment between her sister and Adam was slightly awkward, but funny.

It was a really sad case this week.

I thought it was unfair for Voight to say something to Halstead. I didn't see that they were letting personal issues affect their job. I saw on Twitter that Sophia Bush said part of their scene together was cut...I'm not sure why.

That last scene with Voight was touching. It was a nice thing for him to do.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

There were pluses and minuses in this episode. All in all it was not a good night for shippers. Burgess and Ruzek were cute but wish there had been more of them.

Linstead - both looked miserable and seemed like they wanted to talk to each other but no one took that first step. Even Sophia was not happy with the Linstead scenes last night. From her Twitter feed:
Quote:
Sophia Bush @SophiaBush
UM THERE WAS A WHOLE 2ND HALF OF THAT SCENE @NBCChicagoPD. Jay telling Erin about his PTSD support group?! WTF?! Give it back #ChicagoPD
The case of the week was interesting and I was surprised by the details that came out at the end. Excellent guest star casting.

My favorite scene - our tough guy Voight bringing the dad to hear his daughter play the piano. I can't lie - I cried.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:59 PM
New Fan

I actually think it was pretty ordinary of Sophia to tweet that. Scenes get cut all the time and all it has done is fire up the rabid Linstead fans who are now attacking Derek Haas on Twitter. Poor form tbh. I am sure it will play out over the next few episodes so they just need to chill.

Erin was letting it affect the job though. She decided that she wasn't going out with Halstead to chase up a lead. That's not her job to decide who does what. Everyone in Intelligence noticed their drama last week and was uncomfortable. IF Voight was going to talk to anyone about their attitude it should have been Erin...but as we all know she can do no wrong.

That Burzek scene was sweet....I'd really like to know what's going on. We've been waiting for weeks to see what happened after that kiss...they had to have had a conversation, surely?

Voight at the end...

Feel sorry for Burgess's sister from the moment she showed her face...we all know what happens to family members on this show....it never ends well
Old 04-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved Voight at the end That moment was so sweet.

I get Sophia's frustration I like Jay/Lindsay, but him moving out, because of ''stuff surfacing'' just felt really strange. So...a girl mentions she is married to him and she mentions she still loves him and suddenly he has to move out, because he hasn't worked through his past? The whole timing feels odd and tbh (to me) it felt more like he left, because he still has feelings for that chick. Not saying he has worked through his past, just saying the timing and the way he chooses to work through it is weird. Why not just talk about it with Lindsay? That''s what people do in strong relationships. Even the tough stuff. And I'm just not buying all of that stuff came to the surface only because that chick came to visit him.

And yeah, agree with Guildford: that sister is introduced for a reason knowing this show
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
There were pluses and minuses in this episode. All in all it was not a good night for shippers. Burgess and Ruzek were cute but wish there had been more of them.
My personal opinion is that the writers are better in writing the week story than the personal story of the characters. This time however they really went over their heads. They decided to bring back Kim/Adam together and in the same time not just break up Jay/Erin, but also dive into his past. And let's not forget the fact that Lexi died.

In the end we end up with really weird story lines. I personally find it weird that we didn't see a conversation between Kim and Adam after that kiss. I mean seriously. They broke up because they didn't communicate enough. Now they get back together and they still don't communicate. Or if they do, we don't see it .

Quote:
Linstead - both looked miserable and seemed like they wanted to talk to each other but no one took that first step. Even Sophia was not happy with the Linstead scenes last night. From her Twitter feed:
I would have preferred to keep the scene as it is and let us hear about Jay's PTSD because that would have been interesting and it would have made this story making sense. Not that it doesn't now. It does. I mean I do think that Jay needs to first get divorced before living with Erin. I get that. Hearing about his PTSD though would make this story even better. Oh well. Like I said the writers put themselves into a corner with so many personal stories at once.

I actually thought that Erin/Jay acted quite normal given the story. Not sure what Voight's problem was but it made me roll my eyes. First of all Jay did nothing wrong. Erin was the one that decided to not go. If there was someone that didn't do their job (and that is both times this season btw) is Erin, not Jay. And Voight should have talked to her and not Jay. As usual Voight is anything but objective when it comes to Erin. I do not think that they will go that far to move Jay somewhere else though because this would not have good effect with the fans. Or at least some of them.

It could be possible that I see like that because well Voight is my least favorite character and Jay is my most favorite, but really this scene bugged me.

Quote:
The case of the week was interesting and I was surprised by the details that came out at the end. Excellent guest star casting.
I did like the case . Not that interesting as last week for me, but still decent enough.

Quote:
My favorite scene - our tough guy Voight bringing the dad to hear his daughter play the piano. I can't lie - I cried.
That was good scene. It kind of minimized my annoyance with Voight because of the way he acted towards Jay .
Old 04-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Koni, thank you so much for your well thought out and in depth review. I always enjoy reading your critiques because you say so easily what I myself am thinking but can't always put it into words.

BTW - it just occured to me that the title of this episode would have made a lot more sense if the deleted scene had not been scrapped.

And speaking of that scene, in searching for it, I ran across this review.

Recap 4x18

Old 04-02-2017, 07:29 AM
New Fan

If Sophia hadn't have had her tantrum nobody would have noticed a thing. I thought it was petty on her behalf.

There are copious amounts of deleted scenes that would tell the personal stories better. Perhaps the Burzek Break up would have made sense if they hadn't cut so many of their scenes but you didn't see the cast carrying on like a spoilt child, nor the fans.

Truth be told....we probably need the Burzek kiss thing resolved before the Linstead drama because that happened weeks ago and we still are no closer to finding out what went on. Where is the outrage over that?

The editors cut that scene for a reason, they are the ones telling the story and deciding what makes it to the screen and what doesn't. Maybe they felt the the upcoming story & scenes will tell that story. It was and will purely be fan service to pander to the petulant fans who are sending nasty messages to Derek Haas (who does not even write for PD, although he is a EP) & the offical account and releasing that scene. I hope we get the other deleted scenes too.

I really hope to find a review one day that is fair and balanced. To date they are all so biased towards Linstead they are not even worth reading tbh.

Anyway this is just my opinion.....others opinions will & do vary....
Old 04-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Koni, thank you so much for your well thought out and in depth review. I always enjoy reading your critiques because you say so easily what I myself am thinking but can't always put it into words.
. Ah thank you. I tend to write longer posts when it comes to shows I enjoy. It does take some time to put my thoughts into well organized posts though .
Quote:
BTW - it just occured to me that the title of this episode would have made a lot more sense if the deleted scene had not been scrapped.
I think that the title of this episode was mentioned in the last scene with Hank, but yeah that's another way of interpreting it.

For me to be honest it wasn't so much that I want Linstead back together. You know my reaction was actually more normal compared to most fans. I've just waited 4 seasons to see something about Jay's military past and this story was promising. Maybe it would still make sense in the end. I hope so.

Quote:
And speaking of that scene, in searching for it, I ran across this review.

Recap 4x18
They write good reviews . They are indeed pro Linstead, but I think what happened is that most of us expected more having in mind the previous episode. And most probably this is why the fans reactions is stronger.

I do agree that if Sophia hadn't mentioned the deleted part, most of the fans would not have noticed it. The thing is that she did so now people are kind of bummed of not seeing it. I think that this is normal and understandable reaction.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm just reading this now. I agree also. Sometimes I can't always put all my thoughts into words. I think you summed it up pretty well!

Old 04-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
I'm just reading this now. I agree also. Sometimes I can't always put all my thoughts into words. I think you summed it up pretty well!
Ah thanks guys ! Then be aware I will annoy you with my reviews as long as the show is interesting for me . It's part of the fun for me to be able to share my thoughts over an episode with other fans.