Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2017, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 4x17 - "Remember the Devil"

Airs Weds. March 22 at 10PM EST

A Kidnapping Is Not What It Seems
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halstead Hides a Secret From Lindsay

Chicago PD 4x17 "Remember the Devil" Season 4 Episode 17 Promo - After being tipped off about a woman running barefoot through the woods, Intelligence is led to a kidnapping victim locked up in a shipping container. The bizarre scenario leaves Voight (Jason Beghe) questioning the legitimacy of the case, and sends the team on a twisted trail to get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile, a former relationship of Halstead's (Jesse Lee Soffer) comes back into the picture, much to the surprise of Lindsay (Sophia Bush). Also starring Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton. Guest starring Oliver Platt, Nick Gehlfuss and Sarah Reese.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread!

This episode looks interesting.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

PD continues to come up with great episodes. The case of the week was horrific but I was a little confused. Why were the girls taken? What game were they playing? At any rate the team did a good job and Voight was relentless. I did not feel sorry for that woman one little bit when he was trying to get the code from her.

Ruzek was so good with Olinsky - the hug seriously made me cry. Also the tiny scene with Burgess was sweet.

OMG - Halstead is married?!?!?! Why did he move out? Erin was devastated - you could see it in her face when he walked out. This is not good and honestly, I don't need any angst with these two. I hope this SL isn't one to go on forever.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was a great episode The case was really intense and confusing. I'm not sure what game they were playing but it sounded terrible I'm glad both girls survived.

The hug between Ruzek and Olinsky made me cry too, I wasn't really expecting that but it was so sweet and sad at the same time.

I didn't like that Halstead moved out I'm sure there's more to the story but I felt really bad for Erin.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Passionate Fan

It was a good episode. The case definitely confusing. I think they did leave some in unanswered questions about it. I'm guessing the wife had been brainwashed by her husband so she kept it up...but why he started doing it the first place I don't know...it was a little weird. But I guess sometimes you don't always know why someone commits crime.

But, the bigger story...Jay is MARRIED?? My first thought when I heard that is Erin is going to really ticked off. But she actually took it better than I thought she would. You think he would have had some final paperwork showing it was final though. When Erin said something about the text messages...does that mean he had Abby's number in his phone or Erin searched it to see who it belonged too? I think it is probably for the best that he moved out since he is still legally married. He needs to get the divorce taken care of first and have proof of it. I just think of it as a "breather" for them.

The Burzek scene was really cute too!

Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
It was a good episode. The case definitely confusing. I think they did leave some in unanswered questions about it. I'm guessing the wife had been brainwashed by her husband so she kept it up...but why he started doing it the first place I don't know...it was a little weird. But I guess sometimes you don't always know why someone commits crime.
They definitely decided not spill everything out and leave us to decide what we want to believe . One way to look at this is that the wife was brainwashed by her husband, but honestly I didn't feel any remorse in her. Maybe I'm just cynic. Who knows? For me she was in it from the beginning and she was not any better than her husband. And they used Austin for their sick game.

Quote:
But, the bigger story...Jay is MARRIED?? My first thought when I heard that is Erin is going to really ticked off. But she actually took it better than I thought she would.
She did take it better than most women would . To be honest I would react in similar way given the circumstances. It's not like he was married to Abby for years, it was 24 hours thing due to them being drunk. And I do not believe that Jay did not tell her her because of their relationship. It had nothing to do with this. He did not tell her because he can't open up to her fully when it comes to his time in Afghanistan and the after affect it had on him. I do hope that the writers will use this story line to make Jay deal with this a bit and open up to Erin about his past, the way she did with him about hers.

Quote:
You think he would have had some final paperwork showing it was final though.
TV land right there . It is so weird for someone to not know whether they are divorced or not. I assume he was so out of it that he did not care to follow it through. And most probably he avoided thoughts like that like the plague. It's like he didn't deal with his military past, he just avoids it. The way he avoided talking to Mouse about it.

Quote:
When Erin said something about the text messages...does that mean he had Abby's number in his phone or Erin searched it to see who it belonged too?
I believe that he had her number. I think that they were close, not for romantic relationship, but close enough to have the conversation they had in the bar. Most probably they got close enough while being in Kandahar due to circumstances. She obviously also knew Will enough to track him. What I found weird is how Abby found out that Will was in Chicago.

Quote:
I think it is probably for the best that he moved out since he is still legally married. He needs to get the divorce taken care of first and have proof of it. I just think of it as a "breather" for them.
I agree. I am not mad at him for moving out. I think that it's the right thing to do. He needs to sort out the things with Abby and start dealing with his past before getting deeper in a relationship with Erin. I do hope that the writers will use this as a chance for Jay to open up about his past and turn to Erin for support, just like she did with him.

I loved the way Elias played Alvin mourning Lexi's death. It was subtle, acted perfectly and so well. Loved his scenes with Adam (the hug) and Platt. Also I loved the way Jesse played the scene were he explained to Erin about Abby. The way his voice would break and how he was barely whispering. You could feel how hard is still for him to think about this.

Also loved that for a change the criminal was a woman. I did feel uncomfortable at Hank torturing her, but in the end she had no remorse at all so I kind of did not feel that sorry for her.