Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 3x19 - "If We Were Normal"

"IF WE WERE NORMAL"

30/03/2016 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) :INTELLIGENCE ATTEMPTS TO EXPOSE A MAN KIDNAPPING WAYWARD YOUNG WOMEN. - When a call comes in about a woman stabbing a man then fleeing the scene, Burgess (Marina Squerciati) and Lindsay (Sophia Bush) go investigate and find a young woman with the weapon in her hand. The suspect turns out to be a victim and she tells Olinsky (Elias Koteas) that she was held hostage for months and her kidnapper attempted to psychologically manipulate her into forgetting her identity while he physically abused her. The team sets out to find the woman's abductor before he can harm anyone else. Meanwhile, tensions are high at the station when Ruzek (Patrick John Flueger) accuses Roman (Brian Geraghty) of having feelings for Burgess. Also starring Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Amy Morton and LaRoyce Hawkins. Guest starring Oliver Platt, David Eigenberg, Torrey DeVitto and Samuel Hunt.

P.S: I hope that it's OK to have a thread for the episode. If not I apologize to the moderators! Also if it's OK to keep it, it would be good to put it on top.

Last edited by secretk; 03-30-2016 at 09:13 AM
Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! We really depend on the mods to take care of a lot of details. So thank you for giving us your time!

I can't wait to watch this episode. Looks like it will be another nail-biter.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-30-2016, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
TFTNT! We really depend on the mods to take care of a lot of details. So thank you for giving us your time!
No problem! I just hope that it won't be a problem for the mods as well .

Quote:
I can't wait to watch this episode. Looks like it will be another nail-biter.
Oh yeah. I can't wait to watch it as well. The promo looks promising.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much for opening this thread.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Sounds like an interesting episode, can't wait!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT! This episode sounds great!
Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the episode. I really liked the main storyline and it was an interesting case.

I will probably say this every week: I need more Kevin Atwater.
I was very happy to get a little bit more Olinsky!

I personally like the way they handled the storyline with Burgess and Roman (probably unpopular opinion) and I loved that Burgess talked to Lindsay about it. Ruzek is really annoying me lately, but I can understand that he has trouble with moving on. But it doesn't give you a right to be an ass all the time. Kim broke up with Adam; that's not Roman's fault.

A little bit of Linstead this week I could do with some more though.

I also really liked the little Voight/Roman scene.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

So much Olinsky! I'm so happy, this episode was amazing. His scenes were so good.
I don't mind Roman and Burgess, I thought I would but that scene at the end with them, wow.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That last scene where Olinsky
Spoiler:
was intense! Great acting.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

I just watched the episode.

What a douchebag was this guy. Seriously. It was disgusting.

Poor girl. He had managed to brainwash even his sort of wife.

Awesome that the episode was focused on Olinski. He is a great guy. I like him a lot. The end scene was pretty intense. I was wondering for a moment there whether he will go through it and kill the guy and while I didn't care about the guy I didn't want Olinski to have this on his conscious. We know from Season 1 that those things have impact on him. So good that in the end he didn't do it, but he did show the guy what is the feeling. That was great scene.

OK now to the Lindsay/Burgess scene. See the thing for me is not that she plans to date her partner like Lindsay. The thing is that she plans to date yet another cop in the same district. Stories like that rarely end up good. I agree with Jay - it sounds like a horror movie.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not Burzek shipper. I like them, but it's not like I hate them being apart. So it's not that about that. I just think that it is not the best idea out there to date another cop from the same district. I get that she wants to move on and there is nothing wrong that. Really. But with Roman? What if it turns out be just rebound and then they have to work together. I don't know. I guess I wouldn't have done it. I personally hope that it won't be anything long term.

Ruzek is weird . OK I get that he is jealous, but instead of pouting like a child he could talk to her about the breakup. They didn't have conversation at all.

And for the final - Linstead. OK first I love the talk they had in the bar. We know that they are professional and they do act professional at work, but they also showed us that they do share day to day stuff. Like Lindsay shared her conversation with Burgess. So that's cool and yes normal couple thing, but we haven't seen them doing that so that was nice. Loved the way Lindsay flirted with him - acting so nonchalant mentioning the new outfit . Also loved Jay's reaction . And obviously the Skinstead. Great stuff.

I wonder which apartment was that though. It didn't look like his or hers. It sounds logical to be hers (due to the outfit comment), but it looked different to me.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely agree w/ your comment about it being a bad idea to date yet another colleage. This happens in TV way too often anyways.

I do think that Burgess is pretty much over Adam by now. Might be just me? But funny that you mention that Ruzek never tried to talk to Kim about their breakup, didn't even notice that. I hope he can find a way to move on and act normal around her and Roman soon (no matter what happens with them, it's really not his place to make any such comments).
Old 03-31-2016, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
Definitely agree w/ your comment about it being a bad idea to date yet another colleage. This happens in TV way too often anyways.
Sometimes also in real life . In TV though it happens more often.

Quote:
I do think that Burgess is pretty much over Adam by now. Might be just me? But funny that you mention that Ruzek never tried to talk to Kim about their breakup, didn't even notice that. I hope he can find a way to move on and act normal around her and Roman soon (no matter what happens with them, it's really not his place to make any such comments).
I just wonder how did this happen? I mean Kim was willing to transfer out of the district because she couldn't handle seeing Adam (which was weird in itself because she broke up with him, not the other way around) and now she is into Roman.

I actually do think that she has still something for Adam. I sensed it when she explained to Roman that once Adam lost boots while he was wearing them .
Old 03-31-2016, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't catch that. Maybe I should rewatch that scene soon.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
I didn't catch that. Maybe I should rewatch that scene soon.
I rewinded that scene because I couldn't understand what she was saying . The same about the moment when Jay was explaining why they needed the lipstick cameras . Little tidbits that had nothing to do with the overall story, but hilarious nevertheless.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:18 PM
New Fan

Why can Burgess talk to everyone else about her relationship melodrama but can't even have a conversation with Adam about it? She is as much to blame for this mess she's in as he is.

I know most people are having a go at him about not making an effort but I do think he tried to approach her at least three times (after her car accident, after the bomb threat & then when she was up in Intelligence - 'the thanks Ruzek comment') while it may have been clumsy on his part I saw it as least he was trying to at least open up some line of communication & she just constantly shut him down.

Yet she is more than happy to talk to Lindsay and listen to Roman. Maybe she should get that transfer paperwork out again because if she is that stupid and naive to start something with another cop at work she needs to go elsewhere to do it.

I actually feel sorry for Ruzek....