Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago PD - 2x08 - "Assignment Of The Year"

"ASSIGNMENT OF THE YEAR"

11/19/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : INTELLIGENCE WORKS THE CASE OF A WEALTHY DIAMOND DEALER GUNNED DOWN ON ANTONIO’S WATCH. While Antonio (Jon Seda) continues his off-duty security job for Asher (guest star Michael Park) and Layla (guest star India De Beaufort), Asher is killed. Voight (Jason Beghe) and Olinsky (Elias Koteas) make sure Antonio is covered. While they work the case Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer) and Lindsay (Sophia Bush) go undercover in a rather uncomfortable location. Kot (guest star Chris Agos) shows up to ask Lindsay for an answer. Patrick Flueger, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins, Brian Geraghty and Amy Morton also star. Guest starring Stella Maeve and America Olivo.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Chas!
FanFicitons
Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Should be a great episode!
We'll have to really enjoy this one, it won't be on next week.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for tonight. Like, I don't know if I'm more excited cause of the Linstead undercover scenes, or cause we'll find out what Erin's decision will be about the task force!
FanFicitons
Old 11-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

How was the episode?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

One of my least fave episodes, I think.
I like Antonio but to me, he had too much screentime. I know it was supposed to be an Antonio centric episode (which it REALLY was!!) but I didn't like the overall storyline much.
I'll have to rewatch the episode though because I missed some bits.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairtolove02 (View Post)
One of my least fave episodes, I think.
I like Antonio but to me, he had too much screentime. I know it was supposed to be an Antonio centric episode (which it REALLY was!!) but I didn't like the overall storyline much.
I'll have to rewatch the episode though because I missed some bits.
I wasn't crazy about this episode either. Antonio hasn't had a lot of screen time so far this season so I understand why we would get an episode centered on him but it was just too much. Out of 42 minutes, he must have been on screen for 35.
The only good scenes in this episode for me were the ones with Erin, jay and Adam.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I wasn't crazy about this episode either. Antonio hasn't had a lot of screen time so far this season so I understand why we would get an episode centered on him but it was just too much. Out of 42 minutes, he must have been on screen for 35.
The only good scenes in this episode for me were the ones with Erin, jay and Adam.
ITA. I'm still not over the fact we got nearly 5 minutes straight of Antonio Dawson before any other main characters appeared on screen. The writers have never written THAT much for the same character on one episode (not even for Voight). Compared to said Jay centric episode in 2.03, it was

Halstead and Lindsay were m.i.a for most of the episode but I liked their scenes.
Adam was hilarious immediately raising his hand to go undercover in the sex club. The guy really wanted to get in and got frustrated when his request was denied haha. Too bad for him, Voight needed a real "couple"
I loved his comments on Jay&Erin as well. Linstead isn't fooling anyone, that's become clear to everyone.
But yeah, the undercover op was unfortunately too short - as expected (even though we know it lasted 5 hours off screen).

Definitely not a great episode imo. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Platt and Olinsky were great. I liked the episode, really good.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairtolove02 (View Post)
ITA. I'm still not over the fact we got nearly 5 minutes straight of Antonio Dawson before any other main characters appeared on screen. The writers have never written THAT much for the same character on one episode (not even for Voight). Compared to said Jay centric episode in 2.03, it was

Halstead and Lindsay were m.i.a for most of the episode but I liked their scenes.
Adam was hilarious immediately raising his hand to go undercover in the sex club. The guy really wanted to get in and got frustrated when his request was denied haha. Too bad for him, Voight needed a real "couple"
I loved his comments on Jay&Erin as well. Linstead isn't fooling anyone, that's become clear to everyone.
But yeah, the undercover op was unfortunately too short - as expected (even though we know it lasted 5 hours off screen).

Definitely not a great episode imo. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Yeah. I think one of the good things about having such a large cast is that even if we don't like a character, even if he's the main part of the episode, there's still enough to hold our interest. There are enough characters to compensate.And it just wasn't the case this week. It was all Antonio all the time.

Like you said, Voight, along with Erin and Jay have had episodes dedicated to them. But even if you don't like these characters, there's enough of the others to make up for it.

Adam really was hilarious. And I'm usually indifferent when it comes to him.

Hopefully the next episode will be much better. Too bad we have to wait 3 weeks for it.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Did he sleep with the dead guys wife like we all predicted? Did Laura come back?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Did he sleep with the dead guys wife like we all predicted? Did Laura come back?
No and no. He did talk to Laura on the phone though. They are in the process of getting a divorce. I think. I don't remember much from the episode.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

That sucks. Although I didn't really like Laura anyway...

I saw on Twitter that Atwater and Burgess had scenes..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yup, Burgess and Atwater followed Layla's every move together during the in-house investigation.

I always enjoy seeing them interact as "partners" and I'm glad Kim make it clear to Kevin that she wasn't sure if she wanted to be promoted anymore. It was very interesting when Atwater broached the subject of Burgess joining Intelligence to hear that she may no longer be interested. It seems as though her time with Roman has finally rubbed off on her.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's good that Roman may have rubbed off on her.

I'm sorry to say I still haven't seen the episode.

Theres an episode break now yes?

My Tumblr
My Twitter