Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Seems like it. If that's the case, I'm glad lol.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

I found that really odd too.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
Get ready for a rant.

This episode is terrible for so many reasons.

The first thing being, whenever there is a member of this unit in trouble, they rally around them and do whatever to help them. It seems as though that does not apply to Jay who gets treated like an idiot by all his team. They go straight to a new case and other than Antonio and Olinsky no one gave Jay a second thought. I loved that one of them called out the hypocrisy and i'm glad it was done by the only one that see's things fairly, Antonio and him telling Voight that he was just arrested had been the best part because this team talks big about being family and having each other's back and only two cared to see how Jay was doing throughout the episode.

I mean lets really take a look because Voight had been arrested earlier and before this, Olinsky and Voight had done something really dirty before, Erin threatened to put drugs in a car to keep that guy away from Justin, everyone buries footage and turns the other eye for Justin, and yet they all got a free pass by the rest of the team and Jay got called out when no one other than Antonio and Olinsky even bothered to talk to him.

I really did try to give Erin the benefit of the doubt because I had a feeling that she might not do anything to help Jay and I was right. I feel like she never had his back and she didn't even mention him after he left but anytime she needs him, he has been there for her. As a friend that had been good to her she should have done more. I get that she didn’t think he did it because we got to see her pissed off with Adam for asking that but it was as though it was Jay’s day off and he didn’t lose his badge. I think Severide really took away from Jay's attention especially at the end with the kiss. I think they seem to just be throwing Erin and Kelly together for crossover reasons.

Then at the end when he solved the case by himself, everyone is patting him on the back that he they never doubted him for a minute. Jay's look to them was deserved and I hope he is cold to them because I am sorry they were treating him like crap most of the time.

The only other thing I enjoyed was Burgess and Ruzek for the first time.

Other than that I couldn't see past the stupidity of the Jay stuff the entire time.
I've got to agree with you 110%. Everyone was giving him the cold shoulder and I expected atleast Erin but no. And for burzek I loved there scenes!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm shocked to say I found myself liking Severide and Lindsay. I really wasn't expecting too but I think it was just how sweet and light their scenes were at the end of an otherwise dark episode that got me. It's nice seeing Erin smile and Severide has been through the ringer over on Fire lately as well. I say let them have their fun. I can't see them getting serious but it makes for some cute and lighthearted crossover scenes.

Regarding the Jay stuff - I could see on one hand why they were mad at him. The evidence looked really bad plus he was lying about his wherabouts. Voight had repeatedly warned him to back off as had Antonio. Jin was already in trouble as he had been providing him with information which probably could have led to him being fired by Voight also.

Then on the other hand, Voight more then anyone knows what it's like to be in a position like Jay's and I found it really hypocritical for him to get so judgemental and blame Antonio for everything.

I liked the way it all ended but when Jin and the rest were trying to high five him and play it off like nothing happened I really wanted Jay to turn around and tell them to get lost.

Burgess and Ruzek - I think they have potential but I really hate this whole fiancee thing because I think it cheapens Adam's feelings for her. I think he likes her but I'm not buying he's that into her. I think he's just really panicked and wants out of the relationship. Burgess, I think is crushing hard so I think it's unfair of him to be acting the way he is towards both girls. Man up Adam.

I like Sumner as a character but the cast is full enough already. Jin and Atwater already get next to nothing. We don't need an additional full time cast member.

Promo for next week looks good but as I think I've said before, I'm over the whole Burgess wants to be in Intelligence plotline. Especially while Atwater barely gets a scene.

Plus the whole undercover prostitute scenario just seems like a silly way to give her and Ruzek more scenes. Either he has to pretend to be a client and ~hilarious hijinks ensue or he has to rescue from a dangerous scenario.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree about Burgess. I like her but I am getting sick of the different ways that she is getting time with teh unit because Adam thinks of ways to pull her in.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think he likes her but I'm not buying he's that into her.
Same.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think they really have a long road to go because he obviously has issues that he needs to get through.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Adam knows what he wants and hanging out with Kim is a nice distraction for him. Asking her to hang out after work was just inviting trouble in my opinion. Agreeing to be friends is inviting trouble because there's obviously an attraction. I think Adam just doesn't want to grow up. He likes hanging out with Burgess because she's cute and it's all carefree and easy whereas planning his marriage to Wendy seems to be too heavy for him. He just needs to man up and end things with Wendy. He's acting selfishly right now.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree that he is being selfish and needs to get his self emotionally fixed.