Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] Chicago Fire - 6x18 - "When They See Us Coming"

Airs Thursday Apr. 12 at 10PM EST

Episode 6x18: “When They See Us Coming”

When the FBI takes over Firehouse 51 for an undercover mission, Casey and Severide volunteer to assist with the investigation. Kidd attempts to help Severide come to terms with recent developments he's been managing.

Promo Photos | Sneak Peak #1 | Sneak Peek #2

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 04-11-2018 at 05:02 PM
Old 04-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

sounds interesting, promo looks interesting, but i hope they are not making it a habit - CFD helping law enforcement with undercover missions
Old 04-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess it is something that probably happens every now and again, but it does seem to be pretty regularly on this show.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked the concept, but I kind of missed them all going out on calls. Glad this isn't a long term thing.

Severide's mum was kind of out of line to suggest to Stella that he's going to cheat on her. He is not his father.

Loved the story with Joe and that boy. He was so great with him and I really love seeing that side of him. A little concerned about what they were implying when Sylvie was watching him, though.

for Otis driving the truck. Really hope he can get back to work soon. He's doing great where he is and defending Connie's desk was awesome, but he needs to be back to his job.

Nice to see Gabby trying to communicate better, hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Not surprised they implied new guy still has feelings for her, they couldn't just let it be straight forward for her, so of course now she has to deal with that awkwardness. Hopefully she'll tell Matt about it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

missed the on-call-stories as well, but i still liked the ep.

think severide did the right thing by talking to his dad like this, although his mother is sad right now. as she said he was trying to protect her and i think it is better for her that they didn't start over again.
implying that kelly is going to cheat on stella wasn't a nice thing to do, but maybe it was a good thing after all. kelly already admitted that he isn't one for monogamy.
as far as i remember he wasn't cheating on any of his girlfriends, but he didn't stay long with them either. may his mother just wanted to tell stella to fight for him.
personally i hope there won't be any problems and they stay toghether without any problems. we already have enough drama with the other couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Loved the story with Joe and that boy. He was so great with him and I really love seeing that side of him. A little concerned about what they were implying when Sylvie was watching him, though.
liked that too, hope that we'll get to see more of this. wondered about the sylvie scene too, as well as the scene at the bar with gabby and the new guy.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was a nice change, but at the same time I'm glad they're not making a habit out of it.

Kelly hasn't cheated before, and he was with Anna for a while. There's no reason to believe he's going to start, so what his mum was saying wasn't helpful at all. And as much as Kelly says she's a saint, she also hasn't been around, so how would she even know what he's like now? I'm sure there will be problems coming from this, though.

I want to see more of Joe in that role. He's great with kids, we don't get to see that enough. They don't need to use it to get him and Sylvie closer, though, there's no point in that, it didn't work the first time for a reason.

Tbh I'm not really worried about that Gabby moment. She outright told the guy their relationship was nothing to her, and he followed it up by implying that he still has feelings for her. Has to make her feel awkward, regardless of whether it is true or not (he's already manipulated her once, wouldn't be surprised if this is him doing it again), and probably a little guilty for essentially saying something that would hurt him if he's telling the truth. It's clearly a set up for next weeks when

Spoiler:

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really think the FBI was not bright and acted way too trigger happy. And wished in a sense it was on PD. Voight would had decked the agent who lost his partner's chain and tell that punk not to talk to people like that. As the FD chief needed to do that to that agent. He had no right to talk to people like that.

But really Joe is good with kids. And hope to see more of that. But the kid should not had thrown that brick just because he did not get his way.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Voight's pretty much corrupt himself, tbh, so he wouldn't have room to talk. Boden's level-headed, always needed in situations like that.

He shouldn't have, but considering how it was responded to, and how terrified he was, I can't see him doing that again anytime soon.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Actually I think Voight would had that agent really tell him to put up or shut up. Voight is not scared and he is IMHO despite being pretty corrupt as you said, can see really taking the agent and shaking the crap out of him.

An agent who talks to people like that would be reprimanded in real life.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't matter that Voight wouldn't be scared, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on because he's corrupt. And if he had been there and been stupid enough to do anything like he usually does, he'd have found himself back behind bars. Far better that he wasn't there and the level-headed reasonable guy was, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Boden rocks and really is level headed. And could teach the feds a lesson or two.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He could, but it's not really his place. His job was to make the situation run as smoothly as possible.

Leigh Tumblr