Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] Chicago Fire - 6x08 - "The Whole Point of Being Roommates"

Airs Thursday Jan. 11 at 10PM EST

Episode 6x08: “The Whole Point of Being Roommates”

After saving a young girl, Dawson is forced to make a tough decision when she finds out the girl's father is addicted to
painkillers. Herrmann loses his cool and gets into an altercation with a police officer after responding to a call. Otis
and Cruz are on a mission to find out who Brett is dating. Meanwhile, Boden is skeptical when Donna's brother
Julian unexpectedly comes to town.

Promo Photos | Sneak Peek #1

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

reading the title i thought it was about stella and severide, but reading the summary it looks like it is about otis, cruz and brett.

looks like there is a lot of trouble next ep.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm torn. I loved that we got some decent Dawson/Severide scenes, but when is she going to learn that getting overly involved in cases is not good for her. I'm still holding out hope that they are going to link her tendency to do that with cases involving children to the baby she lost, but I'm kind of not expecting it.

The side story with Donna's brother was nice. It was good to see her and great for Boden to get a story of his own. Glad it turned out that her brother wasn't trying to con him.

Not much Stella

Cruz and Otis trying to find out about Sylvie's personal life was out of line, but kind of funny.

I'm sure Brettonio will find their way back to each other at some point.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

agreed with what you've said.

and:

stella talked to severide at the station, last time she avoided him completely - are they making progress or was it just out of habit?

although i liked the story lines i felt a bit bored this ep, can't say why though

did the episode really end with severide and dawson walking through that alley or did i miss something?

the show is more and more about the people and their personal lifes than about their work or is it just me? not that i complain i like that too, it is just that i loved the mixture of it all.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully they have made a little progress.

I think some of the side stories didn't have much excitement, even if they did give us more outside insight.

It did Seemed a really odd place to end it to me, too. Tbh it annoyed me that they just went, tbh. Not because of Severide, I'm glad he's not letting her wander off on her own when she could be walking into trouble, but because they had this whole thing earlier in the episode of Gabby realising she wasn't communicating well, and then going off again without even letting Casey know she was going anywhere.

It does seem to be getting that way. I don't hate it but I would prefer more of a balance.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-14-2018, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)

Not because of Severide, I'm glad he's not letting her wander off on her own when she could be walking into trouble, but because they had this whole thing earlier in the episode of Gabby realising she wasn't communicating well, and then going off again without even letting Casey know she was going anywhere.
find that a little odd too, but also wondered why casey didn't call her after hermann told him she has just been there.
of course severide would never let her go alone in a situation like this.

Last edited by nuwanda; 01-14-2018 at 08:51 PM
Old 01-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Might have been annoyed that she'd gone off without saying anything again after they had talked about the lack of communication

Yeah, Severide wouldn't let her go alone, especially not knowing what she'd be walking into.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-18-2018, 09:45 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm little late. We were stuck the ER with daughter last Thursday. She's fine now. But I missed this episode when it was on....

I feel bad for Bria. I hope they find her. But I wonder what will happen once they do. I agree it did seem a little odd that Gabby didn't tell Matt she was leaving. After talking about better communication.

Things seem a little better with Stella and Severide, but that will probably be dragged out.

Cruz and Otis trying to figure out who Sylvie was dating was funny SL, but I agree a little intrusive. They are roommates/friends, but she doesn't have to tell them everything about her personal life.

Although in the end, I think she may have slightly let their opinions influence her decision to break things off with Antonio. She is afraid to get hurt again. I think she does have feelings for him, but doesn't want to admit it. Obviously, he has feelings for her. He made her dinner! Who knew Antonio could cook?? I do think they will find their way back to each other. I just hope it is in the right way.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not even convinced that they will find Bria, or if they do that she will be okay, and idk, shouldn't say it, but maybe it would be for the best. I love Gabby, but she goes too far and is way too impulsive far too much, maybe she needs something to go wrong

I don't mind Severide/Stella being dragged out/put on the back burner for a while. There's a lot of relationship drama between Dawsey and Brettonio so we don't really need more right now.

I really want them to get back together the right way. I'm certain it will happen, just not sure how.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

When Gabby got that call saying they'd found a Jane Doe and that they found Gabby's card with her...she knew it was Bria..... and then they'll have to go tell her dad

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 01-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was in the next episode. I'm not convinced it's her, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr