Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago Fire - 5x11 - "Who Lives and Who Dies"

Airing Tuesday January 24 at 10PM EST

Chicago Fire 5x11 "Who Lives and Who Dies" Season 5 Episode 11 Promo - Dawson (Monica Raymund) finds it hard to keep her emotions in check during an ambo run involving a pregnant teen. Elsewhere, the firehouse is called to the site of a building fire and Casey (Jesse Spencer) is forced to make a split-second decision when two victims are each need of life-saving assistance. In the aftermath, Casey is left to deal with the repercussions. Meanwhile, Severide (Taylor Kinney) shares a bond with Anna (guest star Charlotte Sullivan), as she makes her recovery. Eamonn Walker, Kara Killmer, David Eigenberg, Miranda Rae Mayo, Yuri Sardarov, Joe Minoso and Christian Stolte star.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

It was interesting to see how differently Matt & Gabby dealt with the loss of Louie. Obviously, Matt was angrier about it and took out in anger and frustration on everyone else. I don’t think he’s ever been like that before. That first scene really got me when Matt was packing up his room in the middle of the night. Gabby was just more sad about. Glad that Herrman made them realize it was ok to be sad. They did need to talk about it.

I felt sorry for the girl having the baby and her Dad turning his back on her. I don’t think Gabby was totally out of line for saying that she needed his support and not judgment. She did just have a baby. I know that hit Gabby hard given the timing of everything. I was glad that she was able to smooth thing over with the father. I thought it was so sweet that the girl named the baby Gabby. I thought possibly at the beginning it was a set-up to have Matt and Gabby adopt her baby. But that just too soon. By the way, crazy that she didn’t even know she was pregnant…I know it happens sometimes. (For me it was surprise there’s more than one baby…)

The guy at the fire so there was a hatch in the basement, but how did he free himself?

So I’m not sure how I think the whole Kelly/Stella/Anna should go. Part of me thinks Anna might be good for him. But I definitely get the feeling Stella still feels something for him. How awkward was it when Anna asked Stella if there was something going on between her and Kelly? Even though Stella said not, you could tell she didn’t believe it and I don’t think Anna did either. I think that is why she left. Maybe she’ll be back?
Old 01-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Matt totally does not know how to process the loss of Louie. He feels that he needs to put up a tough front - hence the over-reaction at the firehouse. Herrmann did good with his advice. They both need to mourn their loss before they can move on.

Although the pregnant teen story has been done and done so many times, this SL tied in well with Matt and Gabby's situation. Agree that Gabby was harsh with the father in the hospital but when she went to his house to apologize, her words to him about his daughter and new granddaugher made me teary. Oh and yes, how can you not know you're pregnant?!?!?!

Ally, I'm as confused as you are about the guy in the basement. I suppose he could have gotten loose when the explosion hit but wouldn't the flames have engulfed him??

Anne was right to leave regardless of Kelly's status with Stella. It's too soon and I'm sure se wants to return to her life and feel normal for a change. Besides, when Kelly asked her to stay, he sounded almost desperate IMO and that may also have played a part in her decision to leave. I still don't like the idea of a triangle so I hope this doesn't drag on.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 01-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

why do Chicago Fire episodes always make me cry lately!
Old 01-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow Matt was just. Mean! Glad he realized he wasn't very nice at all.

Idk how I feel about Severide's storyline. I get why Anna left. It could just be a savior complex for Kelly and maybe Anna wants to rule that out. Idk I hate triangles so let's hope it doesn't even go that way.

Did they even catch the rat?