Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2016, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] Chicago Fire - 5x06 - "That Day"

Chicago Fire 5x06 "That Day" - Airs Tuesday Nov. 22

While responding to a call in the field, Dawson (Monica Raymund) accidentally hits a pedestrian who stepped in front of the ambulance, and is left to deal with the repercussions. Lt. Casey (Jesse Spencer) and Lt. Severide (Taylor Kinney) disagree and continue to investigate an arson case while Chief Boden (Eamonn Walker) is left to decide whether to attend an important function in New York. Elsewhere, in hopes of preparing him for a possible promotion, Lt. Casey (Jesse Spencer) puts Herrmann (David Eigenberg) at the helm for a shift so he can discover firsthand what his superiors deal with. Marlyne Barrett and Jon Seda guest star.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."

Last edited by ~jo♥jo~; 11-21-2016 at 03:26 PM
Old 11-21-2016, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Sue!

I stuck the thread and I added the air date to the OP. Hope you don't mind
Old 11-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jo! I must have forgotten to stick it.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed this episode - from Sylvie's seduction scene to the NYC scene at the 9/11 memorial and everything in between. I was not bored for a minute during this fast paced eppy.

Felt bad for Gabby and the entire accident scenario. Good for her for digging into the guy's history and making her case. I thought it was pretty harsh the way she was treated during the questioning. Even though it's the lawyer that set the lawsuit in motion, it's kind of sad how the son suddenly appears at his father's side.

I'm glad Casey and Severide were able to work together on the arson case even with opposing viewpoints. In a way both were correct in their assumptions. It was arson and the man was genuinely grief stricken. Too bad both were true and he was only sorry his wife happened to be there, not that he set his house on fire. Interesting the way he did it.

I love Herrmann. He's the best "tell it like it is" guy there is. I'm happy he turned down the promotion and will stay in his current role.

The 9/11 back story was so touching. I won't say much because we all have our own feelings about the catastrophe and how it affected us. This was very well done and of course, I sat there in tears for the last few minutes of the episode.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Go Sylvie! Wow

Felt bad for Dawson. Sad that they didn't really back her up with the whole thing. Good thing she found that he was suicidal and let his son know. Wonder if we will get closure on that case.

Man that guy did start the fire and unfortunately his wife was there. Sad sad outcome.

Great and touching 9/11 scenes.