Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Then I can't understand your review ... but ok, it's your opinion
Old 08-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm only trying to be critical.
I really hated this movie. I think it's a bad one but you don't have to agree with me at all.
Just that Matt's starring does not make a hit from the movie (not that you said it ). Neither does the problem which this movie brings up - like struggling with cancer etc.
Although I really like Matt as an actor, I just think this movie was a miss.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

You did like Matt's acting in the movie?!
You have every right to post your opinion.. It gives some interesting discussion material

As for the dad... IMO he pulled it off because he had to be a dad who wasn't there for his kid, IMO he had to resemble the opposite of his sister..

as for the quality... I don't think it's a high budget film hence the quality of how the film looks like...

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 08-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Actually I didn't like anybody's acting.
Matt had a few good moments, but to be honest... really few.

As for dad, I understand what he was going to be... that he was alcoholic and didn't care for his son too much, but it's not the point. I didn't like the way he was speaking, I think that actor could give more from himself.

Even low budget films can be good, it all depends on people.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to disagree with you on the acting, because for Matt's first ever film role I thought it was good.. much better then his acting in Eight Legged Freaks..

Old 08-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

The quality of a film depends on various factors the acting, the drecting and the script. There had been lots of films with great actors that are really bad ones because of the low quality of the others factors.

I was curious to watch this film because once I read a comment that I found in the internet by the time of the film (sorry if I can't find it now) the comment was hard about the direction of the film and how it was not consitent with the words said by MC in the begining of it (the place you come is who you are) because we don't see too much about the principal character and his relation with the enviromment around him except for a very light vision of Morris' family.

The comment also mention that MC showed potencial despite the low quality of the direction.

I think that most of us, in this board agrre with the fact that it is not a great film but for MC it was a better opportunity in comparison to Eigth Legged Freaks.

I'm also sure that we all expect better opportunities for him in the future since he has been improving his acting abilities as we can see in GG. So lets wait for a good combination of all the factors mentioned to see what can happen.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I agree.
And sure, he had a better opportunity, he was the main character...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfriend (View Post)
The comment also mention that MC showed potencial despite the low quality of the direction.
I remember that comment
A good comment since he pretty much had to carry the movie... It would be something else if a minor character would get all the positive feedback and the main lead character wouldn't

and IMO Matt was good on it, not as good as he is right now but still good...

Old 08-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

So maybe the script sucked, I don't know
Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's your view of opinion Everybody is allowed to have one... You can't love everything Matt does

Old 08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I can just kidding
Sure Swimming Upstream would never win a oscar, but I think this kind of movie ( a more serious one) was a perfect choice for his start in a movie career.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I can as well.. but if not then I will never blame it on Matt

Old 01-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Extreme Fan

hi guys, i kno this thread has been abandoned for a while, but i just saw jess' clip that she posted on youtube, the music video, and im so intrigued bout the film. do u think someone could post a lil clip of it? preferably making-out scenes, he looks so hot! coz the clip jess posted on this thread has expired. thanks!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sure Swimming Upstream would never win a oscar, but I think this kind of movie ( a more serious one) was a perfect choice for his start in a movie career.
I agree

I loved this movie ... maybe because of Matt ... I am not very objectiv when it comes to him
Old 01-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearty26 (View Post)
I agree

I loved this movie ... maybe because of Matt ... I am not very objectiv when it comes to him
I know me too! I saw the clip on youtube, and I have to say it was really touching, it was good. And I really like what I saw, he's a good actor and he has improved so much in the last few years.

But I gotta say what Ilike it's that i totally got the vibe of his character, there are actors who play different characters and you still get the same vibe. Matt has done a very good job.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread