Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Sophies #7 ~ He'll say hi to William and Harry for her

by shinystar

SOPHIES
Rory Gilmore and Logan Huntzberger Appreciation Thread

What is Sophies?

This is a play off of Logan's "Master and Commander" comment to Rory for what she should call him in episode 5.03, Written in the Stars.

Master and Commander is the first of Patrick O'Brian's novels about Jack Aubrey. Sophie is the square-rigged ship that Aubrey is Master and Commander of, and those who crew in her refer to themselves as Sophies. It is the ship where Jack Aubrey first makes his name.

So, it is in this spirit that those who ship the Master and Commander and His Lady are known as: Sophies.

Previous Threads:
#1 - Because their cute meet left us squealing!
#2 - Because we think he's going to be an excellent boyfriend
#3 - Because he *is* an excellent boyfriend
#4 - Because our smut has reached a whole new level!
#5 - Because once you go Sophie smut there's no going back!
#6 - 'Cause they'll get what they want! Each other!

Future Thread Title Suggestions
~ Because there's no other place he'd rather be
~ Because (grand)mothers do know what's best!

the captain ღ his first officer

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 02-08-2007 at 09:47 AM
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

we should update the first post with something

What were we talking about again?! We have multiple discussions its hard to keep them apart

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hehe we were talking about Rory's scene with the therapist in 6.11 when she is talking about Logan, his ILY, the Birkin Bag, and how I thought it was more about Jess because she talked about him leaving her and deciding that he didn't love her - which so screams a certain ex boyfriend who visited s6 a bit too much.

Thanks for letting start the thread Karen I have to go have lunch now. Bye

Old 08-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah, that's the thing we were talking about
I do think Rory is still bugged by the Jess returning and leaving things... I know that Jess meant a lot for Rory, that's a given, because she told him that she might love him. I think that perhaps she's afraid that once she starts to love him again, that Logan might leave... I think that the Jess event in the past do have its effects on Rory's actions around the 6.11-6.12 period

No problem Pem.. thnx for making it enjoy lunch!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread Pemberley!!

I love the title.

Thanks to JessBender for my beautiful avie!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Thnx for the new thread Pem!!!

The title is great!!

Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar
Oh yeah, that's the thing we were talking about
I do think Rory is still bugged by the Jess returning and leaving things... I know that Jess meant a lot for Rory, that's a given, because she told him that she might love him. I think that perhaps she's afraid that once she starts to love him again, that Logan might leave... I think that the Jess event in the past do have its effects on Rory's actions around the 6.11-6.12 period

No problem Pem.. thnx for making it enjoy lunch!
Well it fit - saying love and goodbye = Jess. I do agree that she was voicing a fear that Jess helped to instill in her and it is always easier to blame the one who was still there - Logan and everything else that had happened between them in the last year.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah, thread #7, yay! Thanks Pem

Pem and Karen, maybe some of the art that was done for the Sophies #150 can be put in our Intro? 'Cause it looks a little sad...and the explanation of "sophie" is incomplete; we should say that Sophie is the ship (literally) of the Master and Commander.

(*berating self for being obsessive-compulsive*)

And hey, the name "Sophies" just made me realize how appropriate it really is for Rory and Logan...because of their history with ships/boats, heh.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret life
Ah, thread #7, yay! Thanks Pem

Pem and Karen, maybe some of the art that was done for the Sophies #150 can be put in our Intro? 'Cause it looks a little sad...and the explanation of "sophie" is incomplete; we should say that Sophie is the ship (literally) of the Master and Commander.

(*berating self for being obsessive-compulsive*)

And hey, the name "Sophies" just made me realize how appropriate it really is for Rory and Logan...because of their history with ships/boats, heh.
That they are indestructable Hey secret, that is a great idea. The poor opening thread needs some more love.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Ladies!!

a new thread!

Thanks for opening it Pem!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

sure bring over the art from thread nr. 150 or make the first post prettier with a proper explanation of Sophies, add stuff... I like nice opening posts

As for the name 'Sophies'... They do have a thing for boats/ships... and since we SHIP them, how can it not be a perfect name for us..

Quote:
Well it fit - saying love and goodbye = Jess. I do agree that she was voicing a fear that Jess helped to instill in her and it is always easier to blame the one who was still there - Logan and everything else that had happened between them in the last year.

Btw, on Tuesday I saw 6.03 and I love that episode.. I just love how it how easily Rory can say 'You should see the bedroom' Love Logan's expression after that

Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar
sure bring over the art from thread nr. 150 or make the first post prettier with a proper explanation of Sophies, add stuff... I like nice opening posts

As for the name 'Sophies'... They do have a thing for boats/ships... and since we SHIP them, how can it not be a perfect name for us..

Btw, on Tuesday I saw 6.03 and I love that episode.. I just love how it how easily Rory can say 'You should see the bedroom' Love Logan's expression after that
I love that episode. Between the remark Mr. Fink gave her about "watch those hands Ms. Gilmore" to Logan's "No mostly just hand holding" to The bedroom remark and him saying she's making him "feel cheap" :lo
Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoganFan
Hey Ladies!!

a new thread!

Thanks for opening it Pem!
Sure I love the working blue episode. They have so much chemistry and they just really sparkle in scenes like that.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21
Sure I love the working blue episode. They have so much chemistry and they just really sparkle in scenes like that.
Those are some of my favorite scenes of them ever! I love when he surprises her at the nursing home and the old man tells her "Watch where you put your hands Ms. Gilmore"