Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Goodbye Gilmore Girls - 7.22 series finale "Bon Voyage"

Quote:
SERIES FINALE: May 15 - Episode 7.22 - Bon Voyage
Airdate: May 15
Writer: David S. Rosenthal
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

STARS HOLLOW THROWS RORY A GRADUATION PARTY / CNN JOURNALIST CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR MAKES A GUEST APPEARANCE
"Bon Voyage"

Just as Rory lands her dream job as a political reporter, Luke enlists the help of everyone in Stars Hollow to throw her a graduation party. Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life. Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai.

Finally, on the morning that Rory leaves Stars Hollow to start her career, Luke opens the diner before dawn to share a celebratory breakfast with the Gilmore girls. CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour makes a cameo appearance as a guest at the Dragonfly Inn.

After all I hope everyone enjoy the last episode of Gilmore Girls
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBender (View Post)
After all I hope everyone enjoy the last episode of Gilmore Girls
It was awful. An entire hour of over the top townies. I love the townies but in small amounts for comic relief; they don't carry an episode. You'd think no one from Stas Hollow ever graduated college before. There was a couple of cute Lorelai/Richard/Emily, and the last 2 scenes were decent between Lorelai and ROry but other than that this episode was completely useless.

ALuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
It was awful. An entire hour of over the top townies. I love the townies but in small amounts for comic relief; they don't carry an episode. You'd think no one from Stas Hollow ever graduated college before. There was a couple of cute Lorelai/Richard/Emily, and the last 2 scenes were decent between Lorelai and ROry but other than that this episode was completely useless.
I thought the same when I read a few comments over the spoiler thread.

It's over..that's after all still hard for me.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALuv (View Post)
i thought the same thing. it's like they made up for not having the townies in the past episodes so let them take up a lot of tonite's episode. i said this over in the spoiler thread but i wanna say it again. my sister isn't a fanatic of the show like me, but she watches the show and she finds their little town weird, but entertaining and funny. so after the show ended i called her and she was like it was nothing. she's not even a rory/logan fan but she like it was a waste of an episode and even more of a joke as a series finale.

avi: thanks to JessBender!
captnerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

So glad I didn't watch it...
sheerdancer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Total Fan

how do i sum it up. LAME, RUSHED, DISAPPOINTING, BAD, WASTE OF TIME. this wins the prize for the most disappointing ending of ANY show i've watched, including all the wb shows i've seen end.

people that didn't watch, you didn't miss anything.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, so i tivo'd it, but i doubt i ll watch it. its so weird bc i honestyly have no desire to see the it...i consider logan and rory walking off into the maze to be the finale.
avidrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I dn't know for some reason I don't feel like watching!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

...So, I guess I'm the only one who loved it, heh. It seems to be the same way on the GG board. I thought it was a really sweet and very satisfying end. I just can't believe it's all over now.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Extreme Fan

You aren't alone Roxy! I liked it too! It sucked with no Logan but I thought the way it ended was cute and sweet! It is sad that it over though Bring out the dvds!!! Seasons 5-7 that is (I have some of season 7 recorded on dvd)
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
...So, I guess I'm the only one who loved it, heh. It seems to be the same way on the GG board. I thought it was a really sweet and very satisfying end. I just can't believe it's all over now.
it seriously has some mixed reviews. it some aspects of the show, i can see how it was satisfying. but not me. i'm not just saying that because i was a huge rory/logan fan. i think it could have been sooooo much better. written as a series or season finale just killed it for me. they should have lied for the start and said it was supposed to be a series finale. it didn't really make sense to me.

but there really are some mixed feelings about the show.

avi: thanks to JessBender!
captnerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Total Fan

oh yeah, i've certainly seen people who were satisfied. i like stories being built up to end. this just felt like the end in two episodes, so there was no way i'd be satisfied. if i thought this was treated like the final season, and we started to see a movement to the end weeks ago, i'd probably feel differently.

sure i think rory and logan's ending was lame. but i've had shows end with couples i love not together, but the end was still a good one. i still maintain, knowing cancellation was the most likely thing, they should have taken the second half of the season to really build towards an end.

if luke/lorelei fans are satisfied, i'm happy for them. but to see it come down to a damn kiss just fell so incredibly flat for me. but at least we got to see her and chris get married and spend half a season married, while i got 3 minutes of her and luke in the end. OH FUN!!! call me satisfied. NOT!!!

i hate having to create my own endings when a story or show just doesn't deliver.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i consider logan and rory walking off into the maze to be the finale.
Hey thats a very good idea. I never thought about that before thanks for sharing that thought.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I have not watched it yet because i had to work but i can't wait to see it. I will probably cry because this has been my main show for the past 7 years.
Logan: That, too.
brunnette10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnette10 (View Post)
I have not watched it yet because i had to work but i can't wait to see it. I will probably cry because this has been my main show for the past 7 years.

Oh yeah, you are defiently going to cry. I cried through the whole thing. I can't believe it is over!

Rory-Like stop eating the paste special?
fanfiction:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/737384/
obsessedwithGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread