Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Good Wife (Spoilers&Speculation) #23 - 'Cause we want to be on a spoiler high!

The Good Wife ( CBS)
Character's Name: Cary Agos

THE GOOD WIFE is a drama starring Emmy Award winner Julianna Margulies as a wife and mother who boldly assumes full responsibility for her family and re-enters the workforce after her husband's very public sex and political corruption scandal lands him in jail. Pushing aside the betrayal and crushing public humiliation caused by her husband, Peter, Alicia Florrick starts over by pursuing her original career as a defense attorney. As a junior associate at a prestigious Chicago law firm, she joins her longtime friend, former law school classmate and firm partner Will Gardner, who is interested in rekindling their former relationship. The firm's top litigator and other partner, Diane Lockhart, likes Alicia's work and her connections so she and Will award her with a full-time associate position following a trial period. Alicia beat out Cary Agos, a clever young attorney who takes a job in the state's attorney's office, now bitter and vengeful. Alicia finds an ally and a friend in Kalinda, the firm's tough and mysterious in-house investigator. Gaining confidence every day, Alicia transforms herself from embarrassed politician's scorned wife to resilient career woman, especially for the sake of providing a stable home for her children, 14-year-old Zach and 13-year-old Grace. Now that Peter is back home and planning to run for office again with help from Eli Gold, his cunning image consultant, Alicia continues to redefine herself and her role in her family's life.

FILMING LOCATIONS
· New York City

General Spoilers
  • Filming starts at the beginning of July (Matt Czuchry interview)

Ausiello (Entertainment Weekly)
  • "“We’ll be able to show more of the other side, the prosecution side, which we haven’t seen that much of. It’s a great way of seeing a different perspective, as opposed to just looking at the cases through Stern Lockhart.” Interview with Matt
  • Game changing twist for the show in season two. New Characters Blake (competition for Kalinda and Derrek a new boss)
  • We'll meet Alicia's gay brother.

TvGuide
  • Eli did something that if Alicia ever finds out there will be trouble.. Alicia will find out, and it has something to do with the phonecall in the finale.

Matt Mitovich (fancast)
  • We are going to see Alicia's friends and family, a lot more of her nemesis Cary and the SA Office where Cary works with Childs

Kristin (E!Online)
  • Kalinda goes ballastic and gets violent

From (inside/other) Sources
  • 'In season 2 we are going to see what makes Kalinda tick' (more)
  • Cary turning into Darth Vader?
  • We are going to see more of everyone's privat lifes

Casting News
  • James Carpinello tweeted that he doesn't know if he will be back in season 2
  • Karen Olivio is going to be a recurring character in season 2
  • Chris Noth continues as 'special guest star' in the upcoming season
  • Titus Welliver was not upgraded and stays the same as in season 1
  • Chris Sarandon and Tammy Blanchard cast as recurring for season 2
  • Michael Ealy cast as Derek Bond new partern of the law firm (recurring, at least 10 episodes)
  • Scott Porter cast as Blake, Kalinda's new competition (recurring, at least 10 episodes Expanded so far for 7 episodes - August 13th)
  • Dallas Roberts to play Owen, Alicia's gay brother (guest-starring, possible recurring)
  • Carrie Preston will be back for one episode in season 2

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 2.02 - Double Jeopardy
Airdate: October 5th 2010
Writers: Ted Humphrey
Director: Dean Parisot

CBS - Cary tries to stack the deck against Alicia during the trial of an Army reservist accused of murdering his wife. Meanwhile, Childs resorts to dirty tricks in an effort to mar Peter's campaign.

Guest List

Episode 2.03 - Breaking Fast
Airdate: October 12th 2010
Writers: Corinne Brinkerhoff
Director:James Whitmore, Jr.

CBS - A multi-million dollar malicious prosecution suit leads to an explosive confrontation between Alicia and Glenn Childs. Meanwhile, Alicia's brother, Owen, visits after his questionable remarks about Peter goes viral online and makes Eli apoplectic.

Guest List

Short description:
Steggert is playing college guy whose whose father, who was a suspect in a series sniper attacks, dies from a heart attack he claims was because of harassment from the DA

Episode 2.04 - Cleaning House
Airdate: Oct. 19th 2010
Writers: Robert&Michelle King
Director: Rosemary Rodriguez

Guest Stars
Official Description:

"Cleaning House" - Alicia risks disbarment when Childs' office suspects her of an ethics violation, which could also ruin Peter's political campaign. Meanwhile, a third candidate is revealed in the campaign for state's attorney, on THE GOOD WIFE, Tuesday, Oct. 19 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Short description: Nancy and Alicia will team up as co-counsels to represent a DJ and security team that are being sued for a fatal stampede at a concert.

General information:
  • The stampede scenes during the rave where filmed only with iphones
  • There is going to be a 100 Black Men in Chicago Dinner

Episode 2.05 - VIP Treatment
Airdate: October 26th, 2010
Writers:
Director:

General information:
  • There is going to be a Gala and most of the main character will attend (confirmed Cary, Alicia, Peter, Eli and Will)

Episode 2.06 - Poisened Pill
Airdate: November 2nd, 2010
Writers:
Director:

Guest Stars:
  • Michael J. Fox- Simon Canning

Simon is a litigator whom Alicia (Julianna Margulies) faces in a massive class action. Interestingly enough, Canning is willing to use anything in court, including the symptoms of his neurological condition, to create sympathy for his client, a giant pharmaceutical company.

Episode 2.07 - Gossip Girl
Airdate: November 9th, 2010
Writers:
Director:

Guest Stars:
Miranda Cosgrove as Sloan
  • Miranda Cosgrove (from ICarly) has signed on to guest-star on The Good Wife as Alicia’s newest client, Sloan, a troubled pop star who is arrested on a DUI charge. Over the course of a paparazzi-packed trial, Alicia finds herself bonding with the misunderstood tabloid magnet
  • It's Cary vs Alicia in court.

EPISODE STILLS
Episode 7 - Gossip Girl

BEHIND THE SCENES PICTURES

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

FILMING PICTURES

Episode 5

Episode 3

more

VIDEOS

[ LINKS ]

[ FUTURE THREAD TITLE SUGGESTIONS ]
coming soon..
[/indent]

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by Unsung Hero; 09-29-2010 at 12:24 PM
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm lost - who's Bobby, who was supposed to play Cary's brother?

Quote:
We've never heard much about P/A's history but if there is any kind of age difference like there is between JM and CN that could be a factor too. Twelve years is not a big deal now but it could have been for her family when they got together when Alicia was a student in her early twenties.
Which is why I want some hard facts about these characters. It was great to have the story unravel with minimum exposition in the beginning but with one season gone the lack of information about these people is astounding. We don't even know if they do plan on reflecting the age gap between JM and CN on the show. I don't know if Peter would be that much older to Alicia though, because in Crash when Peter is recollecting their early married life it seem like he was just starting out as well. It had a definite 'remember our years of struggle, and how happy we were' ring to it. I'd have expected him to have a nice, cozy setup if he had been practicing law (even if in the SA office) for 10 years of to prior to them getting married. But I could be wrong, I need to rewatch the episode.
Quote:
I think she may randomly freeze him out though and have massive opinion swings, in the same vein as when she slept with him in Heart then walked off the next night, or went to church with him one day, left him that night then recommitted the next day.
That does seem to be Alicia's MO. But some of it I ascribe to bad writing towards the end of the season. If not outright bad, then at least rushed writing where the show suddenly doesn't have time to let the audience in on what is going on in the mind of the lead character.

Quote:
Will say just enough for Alicia to click to the fact that something happened that she missed but she confronts Eli instead of Will. If she's already back with Peter and Will is dating the reporter then I can easily see her just letting it go with Will. As interested as I think she is in him, Will truly falling for someone else thus forcing A/W to just be friends would actually solve a lot of her problems right now purely by cutting out some of the drama and decisions lol.
But can't you just see Eli having a conversation with Will, telling him to back off!! Of course, he may not say it outright but there could be a very insinuating 'I know what phone call you made last summer' tone to it. And considering how much time Will spends trying to deny that there is anything going on between him and Alicia it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to someone who knows definitively that there indeed is/was something going on.
As for Alicia, I agree that her main aim in life right now is to make it less complicated. And Will complicates her life no end. Personally and professionally. (but that's what's good about it )If she's already with Peter and the kids are happy and they have a shot at being a family again, she'll be glad that Will's moving on. At least initially. Let's see how well she takes it in the long run. It also fits in with her almost passive nature, letting things take their course while trying to ground herself in the flow.
Quote:
and oddly wired about now knowing that her maiden name was Cavanaugh- IDK why. I guess because we know so little about her history?)
Yes!! I've whined about her lack of a maiden name for so long. It sort of gives me a sense of her identity before Peter came about.
Quote:
I know it is too much to hope for but I really want them to have another round like in her office.
I think we're going to have that. If for no other reason than the network being smarter than using such language for a scene that may amount to much less. They'd only highlight it if it was worth the audience's expectations. But of course there are other reasons. Remember what she said to Childs in the premiere? That if he's worried about her husband he's never made a woman angry before. We've never really seen the pay off of that scene except for the scene you mention and the one in Hybristophillia when she literally chases Childs down the corridor and corners him. Very alpha female of her. But aside from that nothing much. Add to that what we know about ep 2 of S2. Becca is coming back and Childs is going to resort to dirty tricks. He may be drawing Zach into Peter's campaign somehow. And THAT would make Alicia very very angry. Making a woman angry and then making a mother angry - very bad move on Childs' part.
That line of Alicia from the Pilot makes me think about poor Eli as well. And is it me or are there a lot of explosive confrontations in S2 involving Alicia already. The judge in ep 1, Childs, Eli. Let's see who else gets sucked in.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

the actor who plays bobby had a lot of similairities with Matt Czuchry.. that's why we joked that he would play the brother

Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Karen. I just googled him. He does have a lot of similarities. And we know from Cary's blog that he has an (elder?) brother. Pity they cast him in another role, hope they can find such a likeness in someone else. With Alicia's brother visiting, I won't be surprised if we do see Cary's brother this season.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that's how we came to the thought of him being cary's brother because of the blog.. I really hope we get to see a relative of Cary's this season but that goes the same for all the other characters we haven't seen relatives of... I always love when relatives drop in..

Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread.

- Mel
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Which is why I want some hard facts about these characters. It was great to have the story unravel with minimum exposition in the beginning but with one season gone the lack of information about these people is astounding. We don't even know if they do plan on reflecting the age gap between JM and CN on the show. I don't know if Peter would be that much older to Alicia though, because in Crash when Peter is recollecting their early married life it seem like he was just starting out as well. It had a definite 'remember our years of struggle, and how happy we were' ring to it. I'd have expected him to have a nice, cozy setup if he had been practicing law (even if in the SA office) for 10 years of to prior to them getting married. But I could be wrong, I need to rewatch the episode.
ITA to wanting hard facts. I think the writers underestimate how much a little bit of timeline adds to the story by allowing us to put things in context. I mean I get the whole slow dish of information, but I want some info this season.

I remember that line but I honestly kind of hand wave it and focus on the aww because thinking about it too hard just annoys me. Even if they were just starting out, they weren't in law school if they were in Chicago. So if they already had jobs, even entry level jobs, why were they living in such a crappy apartment that it didn't even have air conditioning? Law students, sure, but paid attorneys, two income household, no kids? No. Also- my age issue. I can see A/W as the same age, no problem. I can squint and hand wave and say A/P are the same age if they really want me to. But from there, I have to say that P/W are the same age and that's where it all falls apart for me because no way. When I line Alicia, Peter and Will all up together, no way are all three the same age for me. They don't look it and the characters just don't play as the same age for me. Not to mention you also get into things like Diane has to then be considerably older than Will and Peter and my head starts exploding because again, no. JMO and totally off-topic here I know.
Quote:
That does seem to be Alicia's MO. But some of it I ascribe to bad writing towards the end of the season. If not outright bad, then at least rushed writing where the show suddenly doesn't have time to let the audience in on what is going on in the mind of the lead character.
I think I've griped about this enough that you know where I stand here but I'm hoping it was just their drift towards story over character that unfortunately coincided with Peter coming home and not an actual story direction. Even if it is Alicia being Alicia, I'm completely fine with that if they give us a little more insight into how she gets from point A to B. I don't mind Alicia being difficult and moody if they give me enough that I can follow her emotions and shifts, even if Peter can't (I think I'd actually kind of prefer if he couldn't- more conflict and more likely for him to call her on being difficult). Just an extra scene here and there please than we got towards the end of last season.
Quote:
But can't you just see Eli having a conversation with Will, telling him to back off!! Of course, he may not say it outright but there could be a very insinuating 'I know what phone call you made last summer' tone to it. And considering how much time Will spends trying to deny that there is anything going on between him and Alicia it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to someone who knows definitively that there indeed is/was something going on.
I could easily see Eli dropping hints but I'm not sure he won't take the more cautious route initially. He knows how much crap will hit the fan if Peter finds out that Alicia kinda/sorta has a maybe thing with Will and I think he knows right now, Peter has no idea. But if Eli pushes too many angles, that could change. He knows how cautious Alicia is. So, why not delete the message and see what happens? When nothing does, he can let it be and only have to deal with the potential fallout limited to Alicia who has too much on the line to spread information like this around. Besides, if he brings up the message to Will he's also telling Will he deleted it when previously he and Will had no issues.
Quote:
If she's already with Peter and the kids are happy and they have a shot at being a family again, she'll be glad that Will's moving on. At least initially. Let's see how well she takes it in the long run.
How it works long term I think will depend on how this all happens. If he totally pushes her away and just wants to be her boss I don't think she'll take it well. If they can be actual friends, that might be another story.

Quote:
Yes!! I've whined about her lack of a maiden name for so long. It sort of gives me a sense of her identity before Peter came about.
Yes! It's like the lack of family. It finally feels like she didn't just fall out of the sky an adult married to Peter lol.

Quote:
I think we're going to have that. If for no other reason than the network being smarter than using such language for a scene that may amount to much less. They'd only highlight it if it was worth the audience's expectations. But of course there are other reasons. Remember what she said to Childs in the premiere? That if he's worried about her husband he's never made a woman angry before. We've never really seen the pay off of that scene except for the scene you mention and the one in Hybristophillia when she literally chases Childs down the corridor and corners him. Very alpha female of her. But aside from that nothing much. Add to that what we know about ep 2 of S2. Becca is coming back and Childs is going to resort to dirty tricks. He may be drawing Zach into Peter's campaign somehow. And THAT would make Alicia very very angry. Making a woman angry and then making a mother angry - very bad move on Childs' part.
That line of Alicia from the Pilot makes me think about poor Eli as well. And is it me or are there a lot of explosive confrontations in S2 involving Alicia already. The judge in ep 1, Childs, Eli. Let's see who else gets sucked in.
Could this be a side effect of whatever is going on with Will and the campaign stressing her? She does seem weirdly confrontational but maybe it just seems that way because of how little we actually know. This has been buiding since the first ep so it needs to be good (or stay good since I've loved A/Childs so far). I'm curious where this confrontation is going to take place if it's going to be this 'explosive'. It's not like they've ever tried to be particularly private but if it's going to get too nasty or he's going to pull shady crap like grabbing her arm again surely Childs is smart enough not to do that in public. Things like that could sink a campaign. Also, if there are people around I wonder how they will react? Cary wants to take Alicia down but how will he react if he sees first hand exactly how nasty Childs can be with her (like the arm grab or admitting he released the sex tapes or even transferring Peter to general pop because Alicia was on his divorce)? Or even Matan who we know has waivered before about Peter?

I'm wondering if he's going to insinuate something to the media about Becca and Zach and that's how Zach gets involved. We've talked a lot about a teen pregnancy here but there doesn't actually have to be one for Childs to stir things up with rumors of one or that one was taken care of.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

TBI - Television Business International - Article / distribution,Key strategic business information on the production, broadcasting and financing of TV programming around the world

RObert King mentions that they want MJF as recurring
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Owen-TV: 'The Good Wife' gets even better in second season | ScrippsNews (details on the premiere)

'Good Wife' exclusive: Alicia's latest client? iCarly! | Ausiello | EW.com

Last edited by Det.Logan; 09-22-2010 at 02:31 PM
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT and news! :flower:
Old 09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

ICarly I have babysat enough to know who she is Now Gossip Girl makes sense

ETA, Filming location

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/6c99qwj - Uploaded by mgarland

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 09-22-2010 at 07:45 PM
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

the title makes sense now yes...

Thanks for all the stuff..

Quote:
lineass I'm at Cielo where they're shooting an episode of the good wife for CBS. I'm in the dj booth vibin in the background.

Ow.ly - image uploaded by @lineass

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 09-23-2010 at 02:43 AM
Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Politics are also at play as the state's attorney (Titus Welliver) tries to get new recruit Cary (Matt Czuchry), Alicia's former co-worker, to unnerve her in the courtroom. Watching these two square off and their ability to read the motives behind one another's legal maneuvers is like watching two well-matched tennis pros.
love this part from one of Laila's links

Miranda's twitter

Miranda Cosgrove (MirandaBuzz) on Twitter
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that part too!

Wow nice!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread