Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Poor guy had no choice. I don't understand why this is happening to him. He is innocent.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bestia negra (View Post)
ETA: He pled guilty.
Thank you.
I'm already depressed over the 6-week hiatus.

ETA:

- Mystery man's (Geneva's husband?) note to Geneva ("We need to talk")
- Geneva having an affair with the detective?
- That juror with hearing issues

Obviously, these are going to be explained in the next episodes but how are they going to use them to turn things around for Cary, I have no idea.

Last edited by sleepyhippo; 11-24-2014 at 06:12 AM
sleepyhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I feel like everyone died in here
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I felt like I died after watching the episode. We all knew what was going to happen, but seeing it, is another story.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Exactly. It was too much. I so couldn't handle it. Still can't actually.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I was planning on watching it again this morning, but i can't handle it right now

Old 11-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I did during lunch break. Not a good plan
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah I bet that wasn't good at all.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

The episode made me cry. CRY. TWICE. I don't cry. I never cry. Urgh
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I try not too, I hate crying from a TV show. With episodes like this though, you can't help but cry.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah I definitely couldn't stop the waterworks.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'll go with random observations without even trying to form a coherent post

I think they were really clever with this episode structure, notice that almost all the first half is... so intentionally foolish? Everyone (well, except Cary, Kalinda and Diane that seem more focused) seems to have better things to do than think about Cary's trial: Judge Cuesta wants to finish early and go to the concert, Geneva has personal matters that keep distracting her, Alicia is doing the usual campaign stuff, and this time it's the silliest incident that could ever be, and foolishly (again, intentionally) flirting with Finn, and then there's the "weird" (turns out he was just fine, but the show tricked us into thinking something was wrong with him) juror.
In short, there is a weird "light", humorous tone that the audience didn't expect at all and that surely is meant to contrast with the second half, that gets suddenly (from the scene with Kalinda at Bishop's house) very, VERY dramatic.

I think a lot of people were thinking, during the stupid scenes about Alicia's fake note to the teacher, "WHO CARES??? Let's go to Cary's trial!". And yet the show kept us waiting and waiting. I was angry, but at the same time I realized what they were doing so, in a way, "less angry" (I don't know if I'm being clear here).

I'm a little "disappointed" in Geneva, I mean (let me explain better), while watching season 2 I formed the impression that she was friends with Cary, then in s. 3 there was already some tension, but in my "personal" view of TGW world, I always thought there was some kind of relationship anyway. If you recall I also speculated that Geveva could maybe help somehow. Well, it seems the writers didn't see all this "friendship" between Cary and Geneva because they are not writing her that way. On the contrary, it seems Geneva is treating this case as if it was just a random person and not one of his former colleagues (I'm not saying she should've treated Cary differently, I'm saying that the fact that it's Cary has no impact whatsoever on her). Oh well, ok then. (This isn't really a criticism of Geneva, rather I realize that my view of the character was maybe wrong).

The C/K scene was different than the one in the promo!!!! OMG I was not prepared for Cary's desperate voice!!! I. Was. Not. Prepared. Most difficult moment of the episode.

Can you clarify something for me? The fact that Cary pled guilty in the very last scene... this does not automatically say that he said no to Bishop? I mean, Bishop could still make him flee the country and go to Spain, or not? I am really asking, because I didn't understand if we're left with a cliffhanger (will Cary go to prison or will he run?) or not!

Anyway, I think he's starting to realize that Kalinda is really, really at risk. Another difficult moment: when they finally brought Dante to testify, and Cary was so relieved, and then suddenly Bishop enters and the testimony goes horribly bad for him... and he realizes there's no hope anymore.

I'm sure I'll have other things to say, probably I will edit later.
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
In short, there is a weird "light", humorous tone that the audience didn't expect at all and that surely is meant to contrast with the second half, that gets suddenly (from the scene with Kalinda at Bishop's house) very, VERY dramatic.
They definitely did that on purpose IMO. It it helped I think. The second was incredible dark, maybe the darkest episode besides the ones about Will's death and considering that no one was injured or died says so much. So I was actually really glad about the comedic relief.

Quote:
I'm a little "disappointed" in Geneva, I mean (let me explain better), while watching season 2 I formed the impression that she was friends with Cary, then in s. 3 there was already some tension, but in my "personal" view of TGW world, I always thought there was some kind of relationship anyway. If you recall I also speculated that Geveva could maybe help somehow. Well, it seems the writers didn't see all this "friendship" between Cary and Geneva because they are not writing her that way. On the contrary, it seems Geneva is treating this case as if it was just a random person and not one of his former colleagues (I'm not saying she should've treated Cary differently, I'm saying that the fact that it's Cary has no impact whatsoever on her). Oh well, ok then. (This isn't really a criticism of Geneva, rather I realize that my view of the character was maybe wrong).
Me too. And I kept hoping she would say something to him. It's a bit sad.

Quote:
The C/K scene was different than the one in the promo!!!! OMG I was not prepared for Cary's desperate voice!!! I. Was. Not. Prepared. Most difficult moment of the episode.
Don't remind me of his voice there. Urgh. That so killed me.

Quote:
Can you clarify something for me? The fact that Cary pled guilty in the very last scene... this does not automatically say that he said no to Bishop? I mean, Bishop could still make him flee the country and go to Spain, or not? I am really asking, because I didn't understand if we're left with a cliffhanger (will Cary go to prison or will he run?) or not!
I think he said no, otherwise there wouldn't have been a reason to pleas guilty. He could have already been on a plane by then. I think they just wanted to show the audience that there was another option.

Quote:
Anyway, I think he's starting to realize that Kalinda is really, really at risk.
Yes. The way he was so against her going to Bishop again shows that he realized that he needs to stop Kalinda before everything really crumbles around them
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm completely ****ed up. That's all.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
I'm completely ****ed up. That's all.