Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I liked the episode. Everyone was really badass
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To You (View Post)
Alicia did a great job in that courtroom. That is for sure
Yes, but... this case just went her way too conveniently. She said "have Robyn look into the State's Attorney correspondence" and ... et voila!, a lot of messages where he uses the abbreviation. Alicia wins! Barely no tension

It sounds weird: I mean, Finn was so worried after the first hearing, wouldn't it have been more realistic if he just said "I KNOW the State's Attorney himself has used those words a lot of times! Let's just use this!".

This way, it always seems that Alicia saves the day when everybody has lost all hopes, like she is the only one who's capable of doing her job.

Maybe the Finn case isn't over yet: but, if it is, major disappointment for me.
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I don't think the Finn case is over yet, that wouldn't be how the show does stuff. I expect a few surprised when it comes to that storyline before the season is over
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 04-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Loyal Fan

It was so great to see Cary taking charge and I loved Clarke encouraging him to do so. Nathan Lane has really impressed me in this role. I guess I always thought of him as over the top because of his theater background, but he has brought so much to the role of Clarke that I didn't expect.

I was glad that Canning brought up the suit against Alicia again. It's one thread from early this year that I've been wondering if/when they would pick it back up again.

I was conflicted by the scene of Alicia questioning the SA (Jimmy?). She obviously had a valid point about there being a culture among the ASAs and the SA himself that used the term, but I'm not sure that the initials were really a smoking gun. (If this was a case with a judge, would the texts with those initials be enough to convince him/her of the connection?) And would the rationale that everybody else in the office does it, including Finn's superiors, be enough to keep him from being singled out for punishment? I'm not sure. I didn't come away from the scene feeling that Alicia had made a convincing argument so much as one full of conviction (indignation). As Finn put it, she finally woke up...but I didn't get the impression this would be the end of the fight to defend him.

I wonder if that's really the end of the NSA stuff. If so, I enjoyed the resolution, but it will be a little anticlimactic. Peter on the phone and that moment with Eli were classic, but I guess I expected more fireworks considering the number of stories that the NSA have impacted. And as much as I love Michael Urie, it was super-weird and kind of distracting to me to see him in this role.
*Arista* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Arista* (View Post)
It was so great to see Cary taking charge and I loved Clarke encouraging him to do so. Nathan Lane has really impressed me in this role. I guess I always thought of him as over the top because of his theater background, but he has brought so much to the role of Clarke that I didn't expect.

I was glad that Canning brought up the suit against Alicia again. It's one thread from early this year that I've been wondering if/when they would pick it back up again.

I was conflicted by the scene of Alicia questioning the SA (Jimmy?). She obviously had a valid point about there being a culture among the ASAs and the SA himself that used the term, but I'm not sure that the initials were really a smoking gun. (If this was a case with a judge, would the texts with those initials be enough to convince him/her of the connection?) And would the rationale that everybody else in the office does it, including Finn's superiors, be enough to keep him from being singled out for punishment? I'm not sure. I didn't come away from the scene feeling that Alicia had made a convincing argument so much as one full of conviction (indignation). As Finn put it, she finally woke up...but I didn't get the impression this would be the end of the fight to defend him.

I wonder if that's really the end of the NSA stuff. If so, I enjoyed the resolution, but it will be a little anticlimactic. Peter on the phone and that moment with Eli were classic, but I guess I expected more fireworks considering the number of stories that the NSA have impacted. And as much as I love Michael Urie, it was super-weird and kind of distracting to me to see him in this role.
It was a good episode I enjoyed it. I laughed at Gb and going down lol. I don't Finn case is over Grant parent aren't the type to let it go it was more temporary victory or it would seem to easy. Cary and Clarke were great as well
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

http://www.charactergrades.com/the-g...all-tapped-out
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 04-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for the link Jess.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Liked what they had to say again
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Me too The part about that he should have spilled something more many on himself then juice made me laugh
Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I thought about too though to be honest
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 04-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

It totally should have been booze, or coffee at least