Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Cary Spoiler Thread #46 - We're hoping the second half of the season will be just as hot as the first!

The Good Wife ( CBS)
Character's Name: Cary Agos

THE GOOD WIFE is a drama starring Emmy Award winner Julianna Margulies as a wife and mother who boldly assumes full responsibility for her family and re-enters the workforce after her husband's very public sex and political corruption scandal lands him in jail. Pushing aside the betrayal and crushing public humiliation caused by her husband, Peter, Alicia Florrick starts over by pursuing her original career as a defense attorney. As a junior associate at a prestigious Chicago law firm, she joins her longtime friend, former law school classmate and firm partner Will Gardner, who is interested in rekindling their former relationship. The firm's top litigator and other partner, Diane Lockhart, likes Alicia's work and her connections so she and Will award her with a full-time associate position following a trial period. Alicia beat out Cary Agos, a clever young attorney who takes a job in the state's attorney's office, now bitter and vengeful. Alicia finds an ally and a friend in Kalinda, the firm's tough and mysterious in-house investigator. Gaining confidence every day, Alicia transforms herself from embarrassed politician's scorned wife to resilient career woman, especially for the sake of providing a stable home for her children, 14-year-old Zach and 13-year-old Grace. Now that Peter is back home and planning to run for office again with help from Eli Gold, his cunning image consultant, Alicia continues to redefine herself and her role in her family's life.

FILMING LOCATIONS
· New York City
Filming Schedule

Beginning Oct.: episode 7/8

General Spoilers

Ausiello (TVLine)
  • I hear the show just wrapped production on a big Cary episode — big as in my buddy Matt Czuchry is in practically every scene.
  • Monica Raymund Is Cary's New Co-Worker — and Something More?

TvGuide
  • Cary and Kalinda were always about work, that is going to change
  • That romantic tension with Cary (Matt Czuchry), as well as her estrangement from Alicia, will lead Kalinda to question what she really wants from life [more]

Matt Mitovich (tvline)

Kristin (E!Online)

From (inside/other) Sources
  • The response to the Cary/Kalinda relationship will give them more storyline in season 3 - Robert King
  • "I hope they continue to develop its relationship with Cary, which I find really exciting" Archie Panjabi
  • "Working on Cary's world today. Good stuff coming up!" Set Decorator

Casting News
  • America Ferrera could come back in season 3 (zap2it)
  • Alan Cumming signed a new, 3 year long, contract to stay series regular
  • Lisa Edelstein cast for a multiple episode arc
  • Michael J. Fox returns for multiple episodes.
  • Carrie Preston returns in episode 3x07, possible recurring

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 3.10 Parenting Made Easy
Airdate: Sunday Dec. 4, 2011
Writers: Robert & Michelle King
Director: Rosemary Rodriquez

Episode 3.11 What Went Wrong
Airdate: Sunday Dec. 11, 2011
Writers: Robert & Michelle King
Director:

EPISODE STILLS

BEHIND THE SCENES PICTURES

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

FILMING PICTURES

VIDEOS

[ LINKS ]

[ FUTURE THREAD TITLE SUGGESTIONS ]
coming soon..

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
Old 11-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I hate how void the OP is of spoilers

thanks for opening Liz
Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Sorry..I didn't look to fill it in...there maybe stuff out there!

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
Old 11-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyLizzy (View Post)
Sorry..I didn't look to fill it in...there maybe stuff out there!
No worries. Jess might have some stuff to put in there when she gets back, she handles that kind of stuff
Old 11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT, Lizzy!

As promised, I had a chance to sort out some of my thoughts on the show's direction moving forward, especially with regard to Cary and the characters in his circle. Hope they make some sense. I'm also bringing over a few quotes from the last thread that I didn't get to address...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty*
IMO, behind the facade of almost juvenile innocence, Dana is also using both of them but I still don't get what are her "plans". I also found weird that she's trying to "steal" Kalinda's style. I don't think she's attracted to her I think she's in competition with her and not just because Cary.
That's an interesting take. You nailed it about her fake naiveté, which is almost bordering on Eve Harrington territory. But what kind of competition would there be between them? I don't know why she would be imitating Kalinda unless it was to reel Cary in. But it also seems increasingly clear that Cary is just a means to an end for her - we just don't know yet why using him will meet her ultimate objective or what that might be. And this all makes me so sad for him, because he lost faith in Kalinda due to feeling like she was just using him and didn't really care. Yet he trusts and tries to protect Dana, when she may turn out to actually be using him and care far less than Kalinda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie525
I'm not too worried about C/K looking bad, only because Dana isn't an innocent victim. She can give as good as she gets and is doing some using of her own. I guarantee it.
The more I think about it, the clearer to me it becomes that Dana is actively trying to pit them against one another. She’s consistently the one to bring up Cary to Kalinda or vice-versa: driving Cary crazy with jealousy over Kalinda's flirtations while simultaneously seducing him, telling Kalinda that Cary wants to hurt her, patronizing them when they're in a room together ("My two favorite people”). “She is quite the conversationalist” was a dagger to Cary, since Kalinda is far from chatty as far as he’s seen. Suggesting that they want to hurt each other was odd to me at first, because I'm not convinced that is what Cary wants...but then again, if Dana is trying to play them both against one another, it makes perfect sense for her to be planting that seed, regardless of the truth to it. Even the jacket moment was a way of creating some perceived intimacy between Dana/Kalinda that Cary is not privileged to. She’s doing everything she can to make it less likely they will communicate with one another and more likely they will communicate with her.

I’m beginning to wonder if Dana may even be working with someone else that knows about Cary/Kalinda. Matan and Wiley knew he had a soft spot for her, and Blake always knew there was something between them. In fact, the longer I consider Dana, the more it occurs to me she is like a female Blake (no offense to her fans - just that needling C/K about one another was always one of his favorite pasttimes). I would almost start to wonder if they are in cahoots, except that I can't imagine how she'd wind up allied with a shady character like him. None of the options really make sense to me objectively, but I do think that Matan will be a player in the story at some point, especially if he is bitter over Peter promoting Cary. Matan was the one who originally took the statement from Blake and knows about the ONS with Peter and Kalinda, so he has information that could damage them all if it were to come out. Whether Dana is working with someone or on her own, I would love to see Cary and Kalinda realize what she is up to and work together to foil her.

Dana notwithstanding, I’m intrigued to see how the Will investigation impacts Cary and Kalinda’s relationship and how the investigation will ultimately affect Cary’s career. I think Cary is in a tough place. It's easy to forget that he's one of a very limited few who know not only that Alicia and Peter are separated, but WHY they are separated. He’s also always suspected there was something more than professional between Alicia and Will, so he’s filled in the blanks as to why Peter is pursuing this case in the wake of his separation. Even if there were others at the SA's office inclined to be objective about the "evidence" they have on Will up to this point, they would not have the extra insight into Peter's motives that Cary does. It was clear during the scene with WSC and Dana that Cary was trying to steer away from Will/LG as much as possible. He has to look like a team player but he knows this whole thing stinks. If things got extreme enough (e.g. violations of ethics), would he resign? Would he be fired for doing something that aided the firm, to the detriment of the SA’s case? I actually doubt that he will resign or be fired, but most likely it will be a case of mutually assured destruction, where he and Peter will have dirt on one another and part ways with the understanding it all stays buried. At any rate, I strongly suspect he will be back at LG (or whatever incarnation of the firm is left by the end of the investigation) by the end of the season.

I’m really excited that Kalinda and Alicia are on the way back to one another. I think a major reason why the show has seemed so out-of-sorts this season is because they’ve been estranged. They’re both enigmatic characters, but without Kalinda to confide in, the audience lost a crucial window into Alicia's thoughts and feelings. I’m also pleased about their reunion because I want Cary/Kalinda, and I think it’s better if Kalinda isn’t in utter emotional freefall when they get together. I don’t want them to get together just because she’s lost the rest of her support system. Even though the season has felt “off” in some ways because Kalinda lost her groove for a while, I think it was an important thing to happen. With the focus off of her for a while, the writers had some time to develop Cary a bit on his own. He still doesn’t get a ton of screen time, but it seems to have improved, and he is undeniably a greater force in the dramatic developments on the show this year (as opposed to just being the dude across the aisle in court as he was so often last year). Building him up will allow the show to bring Cary and Kalinda back together as something closer to equals when they are ready to go there.

Regarding Josh’s comment about the sex going on in the SA storyline…I would not be surprised if all permutations of the triangle don’t wind up having sexy scenes at some point. But I also wonder if he wasn’t thinking of the office scene with Cary and Kalinda as another instance of all the sex going on in that story. We know that the scene was originally more sexualized and TPTB backed off on that in the editing for whatever reason (bless them!). I am hopeful that their instincts will guide them to the right beats in this story moving forward.

Finally, thanks to all who pointed out in response to my triangle post that this story is different from many triangles. I did mean to post some sort of caveat along those lines, as I have been enjoying the story up to this point, but when I was posting the other day my browser timed out and I lost some of what I'd written. I do agree that this story is different and there is potential there for things to turn out just fine. I will try to relax and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by *Arista*; 11-27-2011 at 02:47 PM
Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Blondes (View Post)
No worries. Jess might have some stuff to put in there when she gets back, she handles that kind of stuff
I am hoping that is the case.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT, Lizzy

Quote:
That's an interesting take. You nailed it about her fake naiveté, which is almost bordering on Eve Harrington territory. But what kind of competition would there be between them?
I'm not sure but it's like she's trying to emulate her and to prove she's better than her....Kalinda is the master at screwing people over. Dana seems quite sure she'll be able to screw Kalinda over. Professionally and maybe even personally.

Quote:
But it also seems increasingly clear that Cary is just a means to an end for her - we just don't know yet why using him will meet her ultimate objective or what that might be. And this all makes me so sad for him, because he lost faith in Kalinda due to feeling like she was just using him and didn't really care. Yet he trusts and tries to protect Dana, when she may turn out to actually be using him and care far less than Kalinda
I'm not sure about anything anymore. Did Matt said about C/D that it's a genuine relationship that's developing? It didn't look so "genuine" last week. And if she's using him I hope he'll find out about it soon. And I hope Kalinda will use her bat to beat her!

Quote:
I’m beginning to wonder if Dana may even be working with someone else that knows about Cary/Kalinda. Matan and Wiley knew he had a soft spot for her, and Blake always knew there was something between them. In fact, the longer I consider Dana, the more it occurs to me she is like a female Blake. I would almost start to wonder if they are in cahoots, except that I can't imagine how she'd wind up allied with a shady character like him. None of the options really make sense to me objectively, but I do think that Matan will be a player in the story at some point, especially if he is bitter over Peter promoting Cary. Matan was the one who originally took the statement from Blake and knows about the ONS with Peter and Kalinda, so he has information that could damage them all if it were to come out. Whether Dana is working with someone or on her own, I would love to see Cary and Kalinda realize what she is up to and work together to foil her.
Believe me or not, but my mind also went there....

And basically I agree with everything you wrote

Last edited by *Ty*; 11-27-2011 at 03:35 PM
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
That's an interesting take. You nailed it about her fake naiveté, which is almost bordering on Eve Harrington territory. But what kind of competition would there be between them? I don't know why she would be imitating Kalinda unless it was to reel Cary in. But it also seems increasingly clear that Cary is just a means to an end for her - we just don't know yet why using him will meet her ultimate objective or what that might be. And this all makes me so sad for him, because he lost faith in Kalinda due to feeling like she was just using him and didn't really care. Yet he trusts and tries to protect Dana, when she may turn out to actually be using him and care far less than Kalinda.
I run extremely hot and cold on Dana depending on the minute pretty much but this is pretty much what I most fear will happen with Dana because she clearly has some kind of agenda and Cary's clearly going to end up screwed somehow (and not a good and dirty way).

Quote:
The more I think about it, the clearer to me it becomes that Dana is actively trying to pit them against one another. She’s consistently the one to bring up Cary to Kalinda or vice-versa: driving Cary crazy with jealousy over Kalinda's flirtations while simultaneously seducing him, telling Kalinda that Cary wants to hurt her, patronizing them when they're in a room together ("My two favorite people”). “She is quite the conversationalist” was a dagger to Cary, since Kalinda is far from chatty as far as he’s seen. Suggesting that they want to hurt each other was odd to me at first, because I'm not convinced that is what Cary wants...but then again, if Dana is trying to play them both against one another, it makes perfect sense for her to be planting that seed, regardless of the truth to it. Even the jacket moment was a way of creating some perceived intimacy between Dana/Kalinda that Cary is not privileged to. She’s doing everything she can to make it less likely they will communicate with one another and more likely they will communicate with her.
You bring up the point later on about Cary really not liking where Wendy's going with all of this, etc. (which I pretty much agree with entirely, so I'm not going to bother copying it) but I can see that being Dana's undoing, in that her plan to pit C & K against each other could ultimately backfire if C & K realize they are really on the same side of the whole thing and team up and be awesome (along with Alicia--because I miss K refereeing between those two's snarkiness) and the whole thing blows up on Dana. I'd rather see it blow up on Wendy (who I'm really hoping see get squashed like a bug somehow in all of this more than anybody else involved) but right now I'm uncertain if Dana has many redeeming qualities besides being sexy so....

In other words, I pretty much agree with everything you said Arista so thank you for taking the time to type it out.

Icon credit to Jess
Old 11-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
That'S how I see it too I just have no idea why she would do that, guess we are still missing something here. SOmething big

Quote:
If things got extreme enough (e.g. violations of ethics), would he resign? Would he be fired for doing something that aided the firm, to the detriment of the SA’s case? I actually doubt that he will resign or be fired, but most likely it will be a case of mutually assured destruction, where he and Peter will have dirt on one another and part ways with the understanding it all stays buried.
The current situation actually gives me exactly the feeling I had last season during the Kalinda investigation where I was sure he would risk her job for him and get fired. And we all know how that ended. They tricked him and he stayed.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

No problem. Jess was there anything I was missing?

Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I will check later
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah the OP is naked, not good

Will respond to everyone later, its Monday morning for me, not fully awake
Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Blondes (View Post)
Yeah the OP is naked, not good

Will respond to everyone later, its Monday morning for me, not fully awake
but we don't have that much of spoilers anyway right now. Really depressing
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by even angels fall (View Post)
but we don't have that much of spoilers anyway right now. Really depressing
It is We need to get to the next page so the OP isn't showing