Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

7.10: Merry Fisticuffs - Episode Discussion Thread (GG) (December 5th, 2006)

Episode 7.10 Merry Fisticuffs
Airdate: December 5th, 2006

Writer: David Rosenthal
Director: Jackson Douglas

LUKE AND CHRISTOPHER COME TO BLOWS -- Luke and Lorelai share a sweet moment when Luke introduces her to Liz's new baby. Christopher witnesses the scene and it adds to his concern that Lorelai isn't fully committed to their marriage. The next day, Lorelai and Christopher get into a fight over whether they should exchange vows at the elaborate wedding party Emily is throwing for them. Luke contacts a lawyer over his custody troubles with Ana, then runs into Christopher and the two have an ugly confrontation in the streets of Stars Hollow. Meanwhile, when Logan discovers that Rory and Marty have been pretending that they just met, rather than admitting their previous friendship to Lucy, he reveals the truth to Lucy. Finally, Emily gives Lorelai a warning about her marriage.

TV GUIDE - Lorelai dreads each day that she meets with her mom and a prominent party planner in anticipation of the upcoming wedding party. Meanwhile, Lorelai and Christopher can't seem to agree on plans for their future, and she usually gets her way; Logan is in town and Rory takes him to the Yale cafeteria, where they run into Marty, and Rory explains the whole awkward reunion she had with Marty and their subsequent deception with Lucy; and Luke decides to talk to a lawyer about April.

I'm really excited for this entire episode in general.. It seems great IMO, every plot intrigues me!!
and it's written by Dave R.. I'm a huge fan of his writing

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread Karen! I'm looking forward to it! DR's writing is wonderful!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to see it!!

It's also been a very long time (season 1!) since we had a Christmas themed episode!! I look forward to seeing Christmas stuff up in Stars Hollow

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I can't wait to see it!!

It's also been a very long time (season 1!) since we had a Christmas themed episode!! I look forward to seeing Christmas stuff up in Stars Hollow
A Christmas-themed episode will be nice!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I hate how this is leaving Logan and Rory. Logan did the right thing though. I understand Rory's reasoning. Telling Lucy that Rory and Marty were friends at dinner wasn't really the best place, and Logan probably could've left out Marty in the story about how he and Rory met, but... I still agree with him. He didn't need to go along with their charade since Marty never gave Rory a legitimate reason for pretending he didn't know her. Plus, it has to be awkward for him to know that Marty might still be into Rory.

I'm also sad for Rory. I know a lot of people don't like Olivia and Lucy, but I love them. I hate that Rory's lost them as friends because of this. Her losing them as friends is also going to make her more upset with Logan unfortunately.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG! Did she get mad at him and blame him again?

I hate when Rory does that
Johnny: I wish I knew how to keep you safe-Jolu
Brandon Barash to Canada Campaign- Fans PM Me
rory_n_logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

She blamed him for telling Lucy at dinner, which is understandable since it really wasn't the most appropriate place. Plus, Rory was supposedly planning on telling Lucy.

When you see the episode, you can make your own judgment.

I don't think Rory or Logan was completely right in their respective actions since I can understand both perspectives, but I'm glad Logan put it out there.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
She blamed him for telling Lucy at dinner, which is understandable since it really wasn't the most appropriate place. Plus, Rory was supposedly planning on telling Lucy.

When you see the episode, you can make your own judgment.

I don't think Rory or Logan was completely right in their respective actions since I can understand both perspectives, but I'm glad Logan put it out there.
I agree I'm glad it's out there but it's like BANG! We are in a rough patch! I so wanted them to talk it out like they had been Is the next new episode in January? If it is I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself

Last edited by RoganFan; 12-05-2006 at 07:46 PM
RoganFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoganFan (View Post)
I agree I'm glad it's out there but it's like BANG! We are in a rough patch! I so wanted them to talk it out like they had been
And this is what they leave us with during the dreaded hiatus. I'm sad how they left Rory and Logan on a bad note. And the whole episode was kinda flat too. Not much of a happy holiday indeed.

sLomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLomo (View Post)
And this is what they leave us with during the dreaded hiatus. I'm sad how they left Rory and Logan on a bad note. And the whole episode was kinda flat too. Not much of a happy holiday indeed.
Are Rory and Logan ever going to have a Merry Christmas together?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

So did I. I hope we see them talk it out in 7.11. I don't want them to be in a rough patch for long. It was obvious they were headed that way early on in the episode though. Logan was clearly upset that Rory didn't tell him about hanging out with Marty.

She should've mentioned it to Logan. I don't blame him for being a little suspicious of Marty (and Rory) after finding out that they've been hanging out again -- and they're pretending not to know each other. I'm sure he also hates to know that on top of all that, Marty is still into her, even though he has a girlfriend.

To be fair to Rory though, I really don't think she was keeping it from Logan purposely. She was obviously uncomfortable with Marty after he told her she was beautiful last week, and I don't think she was happy with pretending to not know him. Rory was caught off guard with that, and how could she have really said something immediately after without messing things up between Marty and Lucy or later risking her friendship with Lucy?

I just wish Rory didn't immediately blame Logan for telling the truth. I have my doubts about whether Rory would've really told Lucy the truth because at this point, it would've ruined Lucy's relationship with Marty and her friendship with Lucy, as it did tonight. I get why she was upset with him, and I think he could've chosen a more approrpiate place (although telling Lucy without Rory present would've been a bad choice too).

It was really a lose-lose situation tonight. I just wish we weren't going into hiatus with Rory and Logan at odds.

Quote:
Are Rory and Logan ever going to have a Merry Christmas together?
I hope they make up by then. I guess their Europe trip is canceled since he's now in the states, but I still want them to celebrate together.

Last edited by RoxyBlueGirl7; 12-05-2006 at 08:03 PM
Old 12-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
So did I. I hope we see them talk it out in 7.11. I don't want them to be in a rough patch for long. It was obvious they were headed that way early on in the episode though. Logan was clearly upset that Rory didn't tell him about hanging out with Marty.

She should've mentioned it to Logan. I don't blame him for being a little suspicious of Marty (and Rory) after finding out that they've been hanging out again -- and they're pretending not to know each other. I'm sure he also hates to know that on top of all that, Marty is still into her, even though he has a girlfriend.

To be fair to Rory though, I really don't think she was keeping it from Logan purposely. She was obviously uncomfortable with Marty after he told her she was beautiful last week, and I don't think she was happy with pretending to not know him. Rory was caught off guard with that, and how could she have really said something immediately after without messing things up between Marty and Lucy or later risking her friendship with Lucy?

I just wish Rory didn't immediately blame Logan for telling the truth. I have my doubts about whether Rory would've really told Lucy the truth because at this point, it would've ruined Lucy's relationship with Marty and her friendship with Lucy, as it did tonight. I get why she was upset with him, and I think he could've chosen a more approrpiate place (although telling Lucy without Rory present would've been a bad choice too).

It was really a lose-lose situation tonight. I just wish we weren't going into hiatus with Rory and Logan at odds.

I hope they make up by then. I guess their Europe trip is canceled since he's now in the states, but I still want them to celebrate together.
You could also tell that Logan really didn't like Marty picking up his girlfriend's napkin! I thought he had a really agitated look on his face. How long is hiatus again?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, he did look suspicious about that. I wouldn't trust Marty either if I were Logan -- not after finding out that he's pretending not to know Rory and still likes her. I hate saying that too because I really loved Marty S4 and S5. I just don't like that he decided to lie to Lucy. I understand it would be awkward for him if he ever had to explain that he stopped hanging out with Rory because he liked her since Lucy might wonder if he still does, but it still wasn't a good route.

And what was with Marty's remark about waiting for his trust fund to kick in? Logan was friendly to Marty all night and when they met the day before. He did have a slight edge in his voice when he called Marty's gesture with the flowers and butter knife "sweet", but... who can blame him? Marty's remark was rude.

I hate being so negative about Marty, but it's hard for me to really like him right now.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Yea it seemed Marty was paying more attention to Rory than to his own girlfriend, which not only annoyed Logan but me as well!

I really wish 7.11 was next week.

sLomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

I knew it ... I knew would they bring a "cliffhanger" before the bad word with "H" but why with Logan and Rory? They made up in 7.05 right in the episode , so, why not also this time?

But before I get too angry with Rosy I want to see the episode first ... yes, I didn't yet ... I only read your comments and a little voice in my ear is telling me that this wasn't the right way ...

Last edited by hearty26; 12-06-2006 at 12:40 AM
hearty26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread