Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

7.04: 'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous - Episode Discussion Thread (GG)

Episode 7.04 'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous
Airdate: October 17th, 2006

Writer: Gayle Abrams
Director: Victor Nelli

RICHARD GOES TO YALE, EMILY GOES TO JAIL - Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) have begun to date, and although Lorelai is finding it difficult to fully commit to the relationship, Christopher keeps coming up with romantic dates to win her over. Back at Yale, Rory (Alexis Bledel) meets some eccentric new girlfriends at an art exhibit, and Richard (Edward Herrmann) becomes a guest lecturer. April (guest star Vanessa Marano) comes to stay with Luke (Scott Patterson) for a few weeks while Ana (guest star Sherilyn Fenn) is out of town. Finally, Emily gets arrested and Lorelai has to bail her out of jail.

Melissa McCarthy, Liza Weil and Matt Czuchry also star.

Enjoy the ep tonight guys!!

ETA:

Madelen posted this on the Alexis B. board and i thought it was an interesting story about GG in general and this season.. It pretty much sums up my thoughts!

Go here for the article!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 10-17-2006 at 12:49 PM
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread and the link to the article. I read so many negative articles about GG right now and it makes me wonder especially with the fans - if you hate the show so much then don't watch it.

45 mins

the captain ღ his first officer
Pemberley21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

So we got a minute of Logan at the end. He did call Rory but she was busy with her friends and he made a joke about her new boyfriend. Talked about the loud music. Rory seems happy and upbeat but asks him if she can call him back.

I did find it interesting that she said 'I love you' before she hung up. It is the first time that she said that since 6.22 isn't it?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)
So we got a minute of Logan at the end. He did call Rory but she was busy with her friends and he made a joke about her new boyfriend. Talked about the loud music. Rory seems happy and upbeat but asks him if she can call him back.

I did find it interesting that she said 'I love you' before she hung up. It is the first time that she said that since 6.22 isn't it?
I was wondering about the "I love you" as well. When I watched last week's episode with my sister we were talking about how it was weird that they never said "I love you" at the end of any of their conversations.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

But you know alot of couples do that. I had a good friend who I lived with for a year and I noticed that she never really said 'I love you' to her bf sometimes when they hung up.

I wonder if her use of that endearment was because Rory sensed something in Logan's voice - a catch, a vulnerability. Because I just got the impression that Logan was in a low place when he called and just needed to talk to her, to get his emotions up, and I wonder if Rory while preoccupied with her friends (who I thought were soo annoying) picked up on that in her own way.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have yet to see it and too bad he only appears in 1 scene () but the ILY thing, it's good to hear it again, especially for the fans, but i think when you're in a comitted relationship you don't have to say ILY everytime you say goodbye to each other... They know that they love each other and I think saying those words not too often make it more special for either Logan or Rory. Or at least that's my opinion.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

If anything R/L has continously shown that it is the small things and moments that really express their love for each other. Do I enjoy hearing it? Definitely. But I am okay with not hearing it all the time, because it is shown in their actions and in their words ("I miss you, Rory's intimacy comment to Lane about sleeping next to each other, holding hands.)

Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Extreme Fan

rory didnt' even say 'i love you' in 622, only logan said it. she only said it to him in 606, and but then she told lorelai that she loves him in 614.
dna2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well put Pem... their love is being shown by the little things and I really like that!!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)
I wonder if her use of that endearment was because Rory sensed something in Logan's voice - a catch, a vulnerability. Because I just got the impression that Logan was in a low place when he called and just needed to talk to her, to get his emotions up, and I wonder if Rory while preoccupied with her friends (who I thought were soo annoying) picked up on that in her own way.
I rewatched that scene, and I really don't see that. I think that's reading too much into it. I think Logan was just surprised that for once, she was up and busy and wasn't completely focused on his call. He sounded really surprised to hear people in the background, which he should be if he's calling her at 2AM her time still.

I'm glad Rory hung up quickly though. I love Logan and Rory/Logan, but it seems like he's still calling at 2AM her time, which I think is really ridiculous. Is there really no other time he can regularly call when they're both awake? Isn't there any time after work she would be available?

I really liked Rory's new friends, and I hope we see them more. It's good for Rory to make new friends on her own (not just through Logan and not just newspaper or class friends). Maybe they'll help distract her from missing Logan too much.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I rewatched that scene, and I really don't see that. I think that's reading too much into it. I think Logan was just surprised that for once, she was up and busy and wasn't completely focused on his call. He sounded really surprised to hear people in the background, which he should be if he's calling her at 2AM her time still.
I don't think he called at 2 AM her time, or was it?! Didn't pay attention to that, but Rory doesn't seem to be the kind of person who stays out till 2 AM on a week day, which I assume it was.

But I do think that Logan was surprised to hear other people in their apartment.

I liked Rory's new friends as well... They're different and I like that...

Old 10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I don't think he called at 2 AM her time, or was it?! Didn't pay attention to that, but Rory doesn't seem to be the kind of person who stays out till 2 AM on a week day, which I assume it was.

But I do think that Logan was surprised to hear other people in their apartment.
I assumed it's 2AM her time since that seemed to be the regular time in the last episode, and Rory mentioned it being late. If he called any earlier, he'd still be asleep or getting ready for/going to work. This is really going to bother me until they change their call times.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's really hard for them to get decent calls... I assume there's a 7 hour time difference since I have an 8 hour time difference with most of the people here and London is 1 hour earlier compared to my time... So I think that at the hour they're calling right now is the best time for them, since Logan has meetings or isn't available like it was shown in this episode or Rory will be having class from now on and the YDN! I think both of them have busy lives and the time zones aren't helping with that.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

No, their time difference is 5 hours. It shouldn't be that difficult. Why can't he call when he gets home from work or right before he goes to bed (10PM, 11PM)? That's 5PM or 6PM her time, and she should be finished with her classes and the paper by then. At least she would be awake.

It should be pretty simple and a lot more logical. Calling at 2AM her time is inconsiderate. I don't understand why they've chosen such a stupid time. I want a good explanation, or I want them to change the time.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder Rory suggested the time because she was having a hard time falling asleep.

You know I was struck in the YDN scene when Paris is going on and on about Doyle and his wonderful job, is it just me or did she keep looking at Rory when she was talking about her boyfriend? It makes me wonder if she was trying to egg Rory on and needle her about Logan or if it was just Paris being Paris. How she was using "my boyfriend is the king of the newspaper" world card an awful lot in that scene.

Reply   Post New Thread